FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
edited to add: Would like thoughts on who/what and how he fits into this crime: Milquetoast? financier? CA follower? passive/aggressive? DA follower? sympathetic father? morally empty? in denial, stepped away reality?
Ha ha thanks :)

I think HA despised DM, perhaps more so than any of the other Adelsons, which might be why his 70th birthday present was the execution of DM. But I think he was the one that was perhaps a bit more cognisant of what the risks were and what the consequences they faced if charged plus what they stood to lose. He probably was on the fence and his used car salesman son,swayed him, selling him the idea that this was the perfect crime. There was no way they would be caught, trust the maestro. DA would have reinforced this. I think CA and DA both sensed his reticence and deliberately kept him out of the plan, something that was alluded to a few times on the bump calls.

Ha ha thanks :)

I think HA despised DM, perhaps more so than any of the other Adelsons, which might be why his 70th birthday present was the execution of DM. But I think he was the one that was perhaps a bit more cognisant of what the risks were and what the consequences they faced if charged plus what they stood to lose. He probably was on the fence and his used car salesman son,swayed him, selling him the idea that this was the perfect crime. There was no way they would be caught, trust the maestro. DA would have reinforced this. I think CA and DA both sensed his reticence and deliberately kept him out of the plan, something that was alluded to a few times on the bump calls.
I don’t think Harvey is a milktoast, at all. I do think he tended to go along with what his wife wanted, but I think he was capable of standing up to her. I agree with this post.

I don’t think Harvey is a milktoast, at all. I do think he tended to go along with what his wife wanted, but I think he was capable of standing up to her. I agree with this post.
You may know this. I was reviewing the OMDB podcast -
Wendi’s friends Tracey and Abigail (I went back to get heir names I’d forgotten) seemed to have some info on her relationship with Dan. I’m wondering why the state wouldnt have contacted them.

You may know this. I was reviewing the OMDB podcast -
Wendi’s friends Tracey and Abigail (I went back to get heir names I’d forgotten) seemed to have some info on her relationship with Dan. I’m wondering why the state wouldnt have contacted them.
Per the podcast, I think Abigail is Abigail Shrier, who in addition to being a lawyer, is a very well-known author and journalist. In the podcast, they describe Wendi and Dan introducing her to the man who would become her husband at the wedding of mutual friends. I don’t remember whether it said she was originally friends with Dan or with Wendi, maybe she was friends with one, and her eventual husband was friends with the other.

In any event, Dan and Wendi, in my opinion, were very well-connected. In my opinion, I don’t think the A family appreciated how well-known Dan was in the legal and Jewish communities, and how many intelligent, influential and outspoken people would want his murder solved.

Last edited:
Per the podcast, I think Abigail is Abigail Shrier, who in addition to being a lawyer, is a very well-known author and journalist. In the podcast, they describe Wendi and Dan introducing her to the man who would become her husband at the wedding of mutual friends. I don’t remember whether it said she was originally friends with Dan or with Wendi, maybe she was friends with one, and her eventual husband was friends with the other.

In any event, Dan and Wendi, in my opinion, were very well-connected. In my opinion, I don’t think the A family appreciated how well-known Dan was in the legal and Jewish communities, and how many intelligent, influential and outspoken people would want his murder solved.
She was a friend of Wendi. Both women are mentioned on OMDB
One of them was told by W a few months before the wedding that she wasn’t sure of getting married to Dan. I just heard it but I was doing something and didn’t write down which woman said what. People here don’t like “maybe’s” rightly so, I’d guess it was Abigail.
Tracey was Jeremy and Tracey Cohen, neighbors of Dan.

Interesting on the 3rd episode we find Rob did his internship in Texas. He is in the same specialty as his uncle Mintz.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back