FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok she looked so different when they were dating, not sure what word to use but less ethnic? I hope that does not offend anyone, she is still attractive, she just looks totally different than she did earlier

Welcome back Luis Rivera and Katherine Magbanua.
Your 9/9/2024 mugshots from the Leon County Jail are "outstanding."
You both look very much like the criminals fake decent people you actually are.

Attachments

• 1725924697801.png
    1725924697801.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 60
I saw the same photo on a 2022 posting. Maybe just looks the same? Strange

apeX... I agree with you. I followed this case for years and was actually shocked to realize KDM is now 40 years old! The last photo does have a more mature face. I hijacked comparison of the last 8 yrs of LE photos....if that is ok with everyone? (Just wanted to thank Judy for her incredible energy!!)

Attachments

• 1725929216251.png
    1725929216251.png
    669.9 KB · Views: 50
His testimony was that he shared the “truth” only after he was arrested.
Yep, and his family still didn't contact law enforcement or ask for protection....go figure. Charlie didn't inform anyone that they might be in danger because he couldn't make his installment payments anymore? (He's pretty good at making up tales on the fly...Broward County Emergency Room Doctor??)

Ok she looked so different when they were dating, not sure what word to use but less ethnic? I hope that does not offend anyone, she is still attractive, she just looks totally different than she did earlier
She is attractive, but her brain is mush. She's such an idiot.
Plus, recalling those phone calls with SG, she's vicious.

Shocking new find?
No, this was in one of the oldest wiretaps.
This has been a topic of conversation ever since Fanci first put those calls onto her channel, which feels like a lifetime ago now.

BUT.....

Mentour James is - imo - just seeking to raise it again, to emphasise it to apply pressure because James specifically says ' we do not ask this question out of the blue nor seeking to gain attention views or praise.... ' etc ( rest at link)

As Isom is wont to say ' but what good does it serve?'
(It's 10 Sept 2024. OTOH, maybe the old bump call is going to become an exhibit?)

------------------------------------------------------
Other significant news: David Markus
Genuinely surprised that the Defense also sent him a subpoena.( I'd assumed it was just the State)

Yes, the new Markus response is risible in one sense
Adelson Institute low-waged staff perks include offers for the services of boutique law firms. Ok...

Anyway, this paragraph screenshot below is being interpreted as a slight, as a sign of no love lost between Rashbaum and Markus ( Interpreted by Florida based crim def lawyer yesterday.) I guess when you combine that with the Defense's original goal ( via their subpoena) versus what Markus has now done that interpretation might be right.
Was Rashbaum annoyed when he read Markus' response? Imo, yes.
NB that the State has released Markus but Rashbaum has not.

screenshot: https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/...q=1&dktid=47678752&dktsource=JIS&sexual_case=

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 07.49.06.png

Last edited:

Shocking new find?
This has been a topic of conversation ever since Fanci first put those calls onto her channel, which feels like a lifetime ago now.

BUT.....

Mentour James is - imo - just seeking to raise it again, to emphasise it to apply pressure because James specifically says ' we do not ask this question out of the blue nor seeking to gain attention views or praise.... ' etc ( rest at link)

(It's 10 Sept 2024. OTOH, maybe the old bump call is going to become an exhibit?)

Genuinely surprised that the Defense also sent him a subpoena.( I'd assumed it was just the State)

Adelson Institute low-waged staff perks include offers for the services of boutique law firms. Ok...

Anyway, this paragraph screenshot below is being interpreted as a slight, as a sign of no love lost between Rashbaum and Markus ( Interpreted by Florida based crim def lawyer yesterday.) I guess when you combine that with the Defense's original goal ( via their subpoena) versus what Markus has now done that interpretation might be right.

screenshot: https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/...q=1&dktid=47678752&dktsource=JIS&sexual_case=

View attachment 530246
That’s a really old bump call.

Last edited:

Shocking new find?

BUT.....

View attachment 530246
Dbm

Shocking new find?

BUT.....

View attachment 530246
Ok, I’ve watched this video, and I think it’s good. The timeline fits. Has the state figured this out, do you think? Does this have anything to do with why Meggs seemed (to me) to have gotten cold feet about prosecuting the Adelsons after the affidavit was released to the media? As I recall, the investigators wanted to charge them, and spoke to the media about it, but Meggs said no.

ETA: if the judges read the affidavit and knew what it said, and they discussed this with Wendi or unsealed it so the family could see it (which seems to be what the video is suggesting), that, to me, is pretty bad.

Is it possible the judges didn’t read the affidavit, but merely discussed it and got it unsealed as a favor to Wendi? Because if they had read it and knew what it said, I dont understand why they would discuss it with her or make an effort to get it unsealed.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ve watched this video, and I think it’s good. The timeline fits. Has the state figured this out, do you think? Does this have anything to do with why Meggs seemed (to me) to have gotten cold feet about prosecuting the Adelsons after the affidavit was released to the media? As I recall, the investigators wanted to charge them, and spoke to the media about it, but Meggs said no.

ETA: if the judges read the affidavit and knew what it said, and they discussed this with Wendi or unsealed it so the family could see it (which seems to be what the video is suggesting), that, to me, is pretty bad.

Is it possible the judges didn’t read the affidavit, but merely discussed it and got it unsealed as a favor to Wendi? Because if they had read it and knew what it said, I dont understand why they would discuss it with her or make an effort to get it unsealed.
The more I look at this, the worse it looks to me. Why was the affidavit unsealed? In my opinion it hurt the investigation. I hope Mentour is getting someone to look into this finally.

Ok, I’ve watched this video, and I think it’s good. The timeline fits. Has the state figured this out, do you think? Does this have anything to do with why Meggs seemed (to me) to have gotten cold feet about prosecuting the Adelsons after the affidavit was released to the media? As I recall, the investigators wanted to charge them, and spoke to the media about team but Meggs said no.

I don't know AC but I do think they are legitimate questions.
I looked on the old WS threads because it's been raised multiple times in the years since that bump call was first made public.

What I hadn't realised until I saw that video was
- the unsealing was 'sua sponte' and it seems clear that TPD was blindsided by the unsealing, and
- that both judges had previously worked together in private practice
If forced to guess, I'd say that Meggs forced the unsealing but that Judge Jordan did act improperly ( by seeking to get news via ' the old boy's network ) after being sold a Wendi story about being a victim, her kids' safety, LatinKing-A-Phobia or whatever. ( JMO... allegedly... etc)

Anyway Mentour Lawyer has put out a second, shorter 8minute version here. The ethics rules and perception of impropriety ( the first part is re STS where an over-emotional panellist reacted to a half-cocked summary re ML's video)

Last edited:
I don't know AC but I do think they are legitimate questions.
I looked on the old WS threads because it's been raised multiple times since that bump call was first made available.

What I hadn't realised until I saw that video was
- the unsealing was 'sua sponte' and it seems clear that TPD was blindsided by the unsealing, and
- that both judges had previously worked together
If forced to guess, I'd say that Meggs forced the unsealing but that Judge Jordan did act improperly ( by seeking to get news via ' the old boy's network ) after being sold a Wendi story about being a victim, her kids' safety, LatinKing-A-Phobia or whatever

Anyway Mentour Lawyer has put out a second, shorter 8minute version here. The ethics rules and perception of impropriety ( the first part is re STS where an over-emotional panellist reacted to a half-cocked summary re ML's video)
I just looked up an old article about how the police were basically blindsided by the unsealing, it does say the judge apparently did it on his own, and that this is pretty much unprecedented. I do think Mentour may have a point, that the judge may have unsealed it once he realized that he had inadvertently released confidential info to Jordan and/or Wendi. I don’t personally think Meggs was involved in that, and I do think it’s possible he may have felt his hands were tied in terms of further prosecutions once it was released.

Why is Mentour on this all of a sudden?

Last edited:
I just looked up an old article about how the police were basically blindsided by the unsealing, it does say the judge apparently did it on his own, and that this is pretty much unprecedented. I do think Mentour may have a point, that the judge may have unsealed it once he realized that he had inadvertently released confidential info to Jordan and/or Wendi. I don’t personally think Meggs was involved in that, and I do think it’s possible he may have felt his hands were tied in terms of further prosecutions once it was released.

Why is Mentour on this all of a sudden?

Also, as I recall, in 2016 Ruth has said she thought that more arrests were forthcoming, and that is why she sent the email to the state about foster care. As we now know, more arrests were not forthcoming, and now it seems to me that it’s possible this was because of the release of the affidavit, which could possibly have made it more difficult in Meggs’s mind to prosecute the A’s.
Re your question, I did wonder whether he'd listened to every Bump call closely. They're multiple hours of audio, its a huge task for a working lawyer. Could easily have been missed.

OR

OTOH I recall that he did say, last week after supplying all that Vietnam & S Yousuf info, that he was going to now look into something which he'd never pursued in the past but which he should have. This might be that item.

Jeremy Mutz - lawyer & former staffer in Meggs SAO - was on STS yesterday and he certainly didn't think this was much ado about nothing. He explained that since 2019 he's been raising the issue of why it was unsealed. ( He raised it with OMDBody but they weren't really interested in the ' Inside Baseball' type material either. He said it would make a great book. Mutz was of the belief that Meggs had forced it but that he can't be sure ( it = unsealing)

Anyway re my Isom-ism in the original WS post - ' but what good does it serve?' - this will surely become another hot potato during any Wendi prosecution? That bump call between two co conspirators has to be a hearsay exception in the prosecution of co-conspirator Wendi?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member