FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The defense could always argue that his parents were just visiting and did not drop off any money, I suppose. At Charlie’s trial, I recall the defense attempted to claim she was not in fact outside his house, but this is a different trial and she is not bound by what was argued in that one. In my opinion if the defense were to deny that she stopped by at all, this might make a jury more likely to believe that she did drop off the money and is trying to hide that.
Which is why it's bizarre that they're not going with the story that DA and HA did visit CA. It could be easily dismissed as them visiting CA on the way to Tallahassee. Why lie about it when it's not particularly incriminating. But now that they've lied about it, it's very incriminating and really does reinforce the money drop off theory.

Thursday, Sept. 12th:
*Final Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Donna Sue Adelson (73/now 74) arrested by FBI @ Miami Intl. Airport (11/13/23) on out-of-County warrant from Leon County arrest Warrant #FW231o2353 & indicted (11/15/23), charged (11/21/23) & arraigned (12/11/23) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & solicitation to commit 1st degree murder. No bond. Held at Miami-Dade County Jail (Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center. Leon County has 15 days to extradite from Miami-Dade County). Transferred from Miami-Dade to Leon County on 11/20/23. Held without bond (murder), $25K (conspiracy) & $25K (solicitation) on 11/21/23. Plead not guilty. Leon County
Jury selection set to begin on 9/16/24. (3-4 days)
Trial set to begin on 9/23/24. (expected to last 2 weeks).
Leon County Circuit Judge Stephen S. Everett. Prosecutor Georgia Cappelman & Assistant State attorney Sarah Dugan. Defense attorney Robert Alexander Morris & Daniel Rashbaum.

Case & Court info from 11/13/23 thru 9/5/24 reference post #334 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...murdered-by-hitmen-4-guilty-24.722492/page-17

9/5/24 Docket update: [154] Order DENYING Motion to Dismiss indictment for pre-indictment delay or alternatively, to exclude evidence. For more info see post #322, page 17, thread 24.
9/5/24 Docket Update: [156] Motion in Limine defendant Adelson's sealed Motion in Limine concerning the testimony of Robert Adelson. Motions hearing on 9/6/24.
9/6/24 Update: [155] Granting Order on Motion to file under seal. Judge Stephen Everett tells Adelson that if she wishes to take a plea deal, the time is NOW. Friday’s pretrial hearing focused mainly on phone records prosecutors hope to use to prove Donna Adelson’s role in the murder-for-hire plot. It comes just a day after the judge issued a 111-page order denying the defense’s request to toss out the case against Adelson. The defense had cited a nine-year delay between the crime & Adelson’s indictment & the fact that certain records that may have helped bolster her defense were no longer available. The judge also denied a request from the defense to toss out “the bump” & a series of wiretap phone calls that followed. He issued a similar order prior to Charlie Adelson’s trial. Judge rules that Latin Kings cannot be mentioned in regard to LR (defense wanted to be able to connect him to this gang). Judge rules that Wendi can be asked if she changed the boys' last names (defense wanted this out). Trial is expected to last 2 weeks. [153] Next final pretrial hearing on 9/12/24 @ 9am.
9/3/24 Docket updates: [149] Motion to quash subpoena; [150] Notice of taking zoom deposition. 9/4/24 Docket updates: [151] Amended motion to quash subpoena. 9/5/24 Docket updates: [152] Order denying defendant's motion to hold trial in courtroom 3B. [157] Order granting Order on motion to file under seal. 9/6/24 Docket updates: [159] Motion in Limine. [160] Court minutes. [161] Motion stipulated Motion to perpetuate testimony.

And although the conflict of interest has been waived, it really does mean that someone out of CA/DA and HA is adversely affected by DR representing both CA and DA. DA and HA are now tied to CA's defence because of his connection with DR..
Mentour put back one of the two videos he took down the other night re:judges.
Busy getting legal advice!

And although the conflict of interest has been waived, it really does mean that someone out of CA/DA and HA is adversely affected by DR representing both CA and DA. DA and HA are now tied to CA's defence because of his connection with DR..

Busy getting legal advice!
It could have been put back yesterday. I just saw a new video one of the two prior next to it. Maybe it was just down a short time? No idea. Can’t speculate.
Hearing in 20 minutes

Which is why it's bizarre that they're not going with the story that DA and HA did visit CA. It could be easily dismissed as them visiting CA on the way to Tallahassee. Why lie about it when it's not particularly incriminating. But now that they've lied about it, it's very incriminating and really does reinforce the money drop off theory.
Changing her story now would make things even worse in my opinion for three reasons.

First, the texting timeline shows that 30 minutes passed between the “outside your house” text and the time Charlie actually returned home. It makes zero sense that Donna, at 9:00 p.m., would sit in her parked car for half an hour (and thereby delay the long road trip ahead of her) just so she could “check in” on Charlie in person. Rather, that timeline is more consistent with Donna needing to personally deliver something to Charlie.

Second, Donna, through her counsel, has already gone on record as saying that she never stopped at Charlie’s. Changing her story now would be admitting that she lied as part of her attempt to keep out the “outside your house” texts. That’s incredibly damning. Even if the jury is not formally made aware of this about face, the defense would be foolish to take the risk of jurors learning of this admitted lie from informal channels.

Third, Charlie already testified that Donna never stopped by his house. Even if he changes his story now, his prior testimony can show the inconsistency. It will be obvious that he previously denied the visit because it’s incredibly incriminating for Donna.

As a result, I think the least bad option for the defense is to deny the visit even if it’s very hard to believe. At least that argument does not require the co-conspirators to acknowledge that they already lied about this issue.

Is this morning's hearing streaming? I can't find it at ML's or WCTV's youtubes.

Answering my own question:

Titbits from the jail

Live commentary from local attorney Jansen. Jansen mentioned that he'd been told Donna had two suitcases of clothes delivered to the jail. ( Prepping her theatrical costume for trial) Source said they've never seen anything like it. Apparently Donna also wants her hair done in prep for the trial

Also Morris, Rashbaum and Marissel Descalzo seen together shortly after the last PT hearing. So MD is still on the payroll?

Morris will do opening plus the jury selection, as per another source

Over on Mentour's channel
wow! Morris on the Markus motion. Everett questions Markus on Zoom
Cappleman says something quite different wrt what Markus said in his motion
Also, state found a text message on the devices ( presumably this is referring to Donna's phone)

Last edited:
Corbett motion

ooh! Finally Griggs gets a mention. Been waiting for this a long time. I knew Griggs and WA had emailed re Donna but I wasn't aware that Griggs had emailed Donna directly
( Griggs slide is an email item from the Corbett powerpoint - this is an item Rashbaum objects to)

final phrase from Donna in that email ' .... if we don't get relocation, our lives will change drastically'
Ouch!
( Everett reserves ruling)

Last edited:
Rash seems unprepared on his own motions imo

Anyway the 2016 CA- DA messages are crazy. Dan Markel murder victim and a cocaine smear !. DA & CA are absolute scum of the earth
( Everett reserves ruling on this too and explains how this will be allowed. Depends on the Defense's theory. Again, bad for Rashbaum)

Last edited:
Rash seems unprepared on his own motions imo

Anyway the 2016 CA- DA messages are crazy. Dan Markel murder victim and a cocaine smear !. DA & CA are absolute scum of the earth
( Everett reserves ruling on this too and explains how this will be allowed. Depends on the Defense's theory. Again, bad for Rashbaum)
Dbm

Last edited:
Watching hearing...oooh earthquake just now in Cali~~~~~~! yikes. But I digress. Sgt Corbitt testified in 118 trials as an expert witness vs DRash with only one completed murder trial under his belt, resulting in his client receiving a Life Sentence Without the Possibility of Parole. Watched STS last night and finally feel the pain and anguish experienced by the witnesses, too. So much tragedy.

Last edited:
Those messages, as I understand it, can come in if Donna’s defense is that Charlie told her he was extorted. It’s always been my feeling that she should have gone with the defense that he told her to write the checks because Katie needed them to get insurance for her kids. I’m wondering if she could still use that defense if Charlie doesn’t testify.
yes, that's what Everett said.

Am stunned that these new messages - or new to us here - in terms of their content as well as Donna retaining them on her phone as recently seized

@IQuestion 5.1 earthquake !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy
Back