FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear to me from his testimony today that he did not think it was important enough to include this location on the map he prepared regarding their trip to Tallahassee. My impression was that he created a map of their locations starting later in the day when they left to go up there. I suppose it is certainly possible he was at the office that morning, but it does not necessarily mean that they left from there when they made the trip up.
I am just posting what was said. And as I said it could have been a starting location as Corbitt stated.

There must be a treasure trove of information on Donna’s cell phone. The text re Dan potentially being involved in drug deal gone bad would have buried Charlie – so its got to be a new discovery made after Charlie’s conviction.
Which is the video in which the text message is mentioned?

CA has probably got a lot of bitterness and animosity towards the state and GC's team and obviously loyalty to his family. So part of me thinks he'll just get up on the stand (if called) and regurgitate the same old rubbish. But then he's arrogant, egotistical and the "Maestro." He knows what he said last time was not believed, and will be futile. His months sitting in a jail cell would have been spent planning something, anything. Repeating his previous testimony is akin to giving up, it will make no difference to him or his mother and giving up goes against his nature. He's the Maestro. He will be lambasted and largely ridiculed if he does do that, and that will also be on his mind.

I am just posting what was said. And as I said it could have been a starting location as Corbitt stated.
I am confused as to why he wouldn’t have put it on his map if he believed it was their starting location on their trip up to Tallahassee. As I recall, the questioning had to do with whether there were locations he did NOT think needed to be included on the map, and he mentioned that one, wherever it was.

I am confused as to why he wouldn’t have put it on his map if he believed it was their starting location on their trip up to Tallahassee. As I recall, the questioning had to do with whether there were locations he did NOT think needed to be included on the map, and he mentioned that one, wherever it was.
No he meant starting location for the day. Thats why I wasn't saying for SURE that they went from there to Charlies.

Years ago, people were saying that this was going to be the defense. A drug deal gone bad. I remember this.
I remember at one if the trials, there was something mentioned about Sigfredo and Luis having some kind of issue with drug dealers ..Or it was suggested by KM’s defense. Wish I can remember it, in the hotel room..Does anyone remember?

Last edited:
Years ago, people were saying that this was going to be the defense. A drug deal gone bad. I remember this.
I remember at one if the trials, there was something mentioned about Sigfredo and Luis having some kind of issue with drug dealers ..Or it was suggested by KM’s defense. Wish I can remember it, in the hotel room..Does anyone remember?
I thought that at one of the trials it was suggested that Sigfredo was Charlie’s drug dealer.

See here starting at 27 minutes 54 seconds:

EDIT:

Here is the actual text exchange as read in court by Ms. Dugan. Recall that at this time, per Charlie's testimony, he already knew the details of the murder and the supposed extortion, which he relayed to Donna.

8/2016 Text Exchange Between Charlie Adelson and Donna Adelson

Charlie
: Did you see in the paper where State’s star witness that rented the hotel room is a convicted cocaine dealer? Maybe those guys were just up in Tallahassee buying drugs and just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe the coke dealer did it because Danny didn’t pay for his drugs just like he stiffed everybody else he did business with. This whole thing is just crazy.

Donna: I didn’t see. Which paper?

Charlie: Tallahassee Democrat

Donna: Wow, I’ve stopped reading everything.

Charlie: The guy admitted to selling cocaine and hanging out with them.

Donna: OMG!

Last edited:
Donna Adelson’s First Degree Felony Murder trial will start Friday 9/20/2024

The Judge of Donna Adelson’s murder case seems to be chronically undecided.

Recall the defense motion about demanding a smaller court room should have been no brainer but the docket recorded the room flip-flop within one day 8/27/2024 room 3B → Z → 3B again → finally 3G.

He did it again. There was a flip-flop about the start date of the trial from 9/17/2024 → 9/16/2024 → 9/17/2024 again. On 9/9/2024, the Trial was set to start 9/17/2024 08:30AM /ROOM# 3G.

Then, he does it again today 9/12/2024. The trial date has been changed thrice (no less) from 9/17/2024 → 9/18/2024 → 9/19/2024 → and finally Friday 9/20/2024.

(It would not be surprising if he changes this date to 9/23/2024 if “someone” asks in next few days)
People who purchased plane tickets and have made hotel reservation in Tallahassee, FL will have Three Day ad hoc vacation!

Attachments

• judge flip-flop date.png
    judge flip-flop date.png
    91 KB · Views: 6
See here starting at 27 minutes 54 seconds:

EDIT:

Here is the actual text exchange as read in court by Ms. Dugan. Recall that at this time, per Charlie's testimony, he already knew the details of the murder and the supposed extortion, which he relayed to Donna.

8/2016 Text Exchange Between Charlie Adelson and Donna Adelson

Charlie
: Did you see in the paper where State’s star witness that rented the hotel room is a convicted cocaine dealer? Maybe those guys were just up in Tallahassee buying drugs and just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe the coke dealer did it because Danny didn’t pay for his drugs just like he stiffed everybody else he did business with. This whole thing is just crazy.

Donna: I didn’t see. Which paper?

Charlie: Tallahassee Democrat

Donna: Wow, I’ve stopped reading everything.

Charlie: The guy admitted to selling cocaine and hanging out with them.

Donna: OMG!

Here are the WhatsApp messages between Charlie and Donna on the same day:

Charlie: Mom, just respond “OMG!” after I lay out the alternate theories about he drug stuff and say you are no longer following any media coverage.

Donna: I thought these guys were professional hitmen! Now what do you think I should tell your Father he’s already all stressed out CHARLIE!

EDIT - Just wanted to make it clear that this me purely speculating :)

Last edited:
“That can only prove that IF……”

I was waiting for an edit before I responded because I don’t understand your reply? I’m not following why you think they left from Coral Springs? I would think that the prosecution would have definitely stressed that point in Charles trial ‘if’ they departed from Coral Springs on the 18th. Also, I’m pretty sure Corbitt testified that they departed from Miami in Charlie’s trial.

Recall the defense motion about demanding a smaller court room should have been no brainer but the docket recorded the room flip-flop within one day 8/27/2024 room 3B → Z → 3B again → finally 3G.

He did it again. There was a flip-flop about the start date of the trial from 9/17/2024 → 9/16/2024 → 9/17/2024 again. On 9/9/2024, the Trial was set to start 9/17/2024 08:30AM /ROOM# 3G.

Then, he does it again today 9/12/2024. The trial date has been changed thrice (no less) from 9/17/2024 → 9/18/2024 → 9/19/2024 → and finally Friday 9/20/2024.

(It would not be surprising if he changes this date to 9/23/2024 if “someone” asks in next few days)
People who purchased plane tickets and have made hotel reservation in Tallahassee, FL will have Three Day ad hoc vacation!
Ok I thought he was saying that the jury selection would take 3 days so the trial would start around the 20th. Are you saying that Jury selection is now the 20th?

I was waiting for an edit before I responded because I don’t understand your reply? I’m not following why you think they left from Coral Springs? I would think that the prosecution would have definitely stressed that point in Charles trial ‘if’ they departed from Coral Springs on the 18th. Also, I’m pretty sure Corbitt testified that they departed from Miami in Charlie’s trial.
I know what he said about Miami. You were saying I said something definitive, and I was reminding you of what I said in the comment you were responding to “If” is not definitive.
Georgia got Coral Springs confused with Miami at KM’s trial.

Ok I thought he was saying that the jury selection would take 3 days so the trial would start around the 20th. Are you saying that Jury selection is now the 20th?

That is my question also!! The 20th is a Friday so 1 day of jury selection (?} - and Monday 9/23 trial starts?
OR!! Jury selection still on 9/17 and the trial starts on that Friday, 9/20.... 1726226509012.gif

Maybe someone ( @PayrollNerd } can look up the Leon County court site & see what that says??

In my my opinion - Markus set up Katie with a "friendly" attorney literally down the hall from his office who convinced her to REFUSE THE IMMUNITY DEAL in order to protect the Adelsons. And we still don't know who PAID for DeCoste or if it was a shadow payment - but we know the Adelsons OFFERED to pay and might have paid! Out of all the attorneys in Miami, Katie picks one that is right down the hall from Markus? Markus "bumped into" her randomly? Coincidence?! NO WAY! I think all of this is why Markus does not want to testify!

In my my opinion - Markus set up Katie with a "friendly" attorney literally down the hall from his office who convinced her to REFUSE THE IMMUNITY DEAL in order to protect the Adelsons. And we still don't know who PAID for DeCoste or if it was a shadow payment - but we know the Adelsons OFFERED to pay and might have paid! Out of all the attorneys in Miami, Katie picks one that is right down the hall from Markus? Markus "bumped into" her randomly? Coincidence?! NO WAY! I think all of this is why Markus does not want to testify!
This is from Florida Politics online:
2019 (when did Markus say he stopped representing Charlie?)

Charlie Adelson’s attorney, David Oscar Markus, told the Tallahassee Democrat in July that authorities have no reason to charge his client.

“For five years, the state has picked through every piece of Charlie’s life — every phone call, every email message, every text, every relationship, every possible witness — looking for any excuse to charge him. But there is nothing there,” he told the paper.
______
I thought by this time, Markus was no longer representing Charlie?
I was going to post this , and coincidentally you posted about him…
Did he say yesterday when he stopped representing CA?

Lawyer mentioned in this article here is Weinstein.
When did Weinstein stop, Markus start..Markus stop?

This is from Florida Politics online:
2019 (when did Markus say he stopped representing Charlie?)

Charlie Adelson’s attorney, David Oscar Markus, told the Tallahassee Democrat in July that authorities have no reason to charge his client.

“For five years, the state has picked through every piece of Charlie’s life — every phone call, every email message, every text, every relationship, every possible witness — looking for any excuse to charge him. But there is nothing there,” he told the paper.
______
I thought by this time, Markus was no longer representing Charlie?
I was going to post this , and coincidentally you posted about him…
Did he say yesterday when he stopped representing CA?
Her story that she didn’t want to give away Sigfredo makes little sense to me. As I recall, said on the stand in Charlie’s trial that it was because he was facing the death penalty, but it is my understanding that even after that was taken off the table and he was convicted, and before her second trial, she still refused to talk. As I recall she was asked about this on the stand, and she said that she didn’t want to hurt Sig’s appeal. None of this makes sense to me, because I have seen correspondence between Sig and his attorneys in which Sig himself is strongly encouraged to take a deal, and told that the state is willing to make a deal with Katie. (I believe his attorney even tells him his chances on appeal are slim, but I am not certain I am remembering that correctly.). In the correspondence that I’ve seen, my impression is that he seems bent on taking his chances at trial and on appeal, despite all legal advice against it.

I was under the impression that Sig loved Katie very much and would do anything for her, but he seems to me in this case to have been reluctant to take a deal that might have helped them both. One would think that if Katie had been told about his refusal to take an opportunity to save her and help himself, she would have changed her mind on being reluctant to tell on him, especially with the death penalty off the table. It’s possible that the offer for him, and his refusal to take it, was not communicated to her. Something is not adding up for me.

Her story that she didn’t want to give away Sigfredo makes little sense to me. As I recall, said on the stand in Charlie’s trial that it was because he was facing the death penalty, but it is my understanding that even after that was taken off the table and he was convicted, and before her second trial, she still refused to talk. As I recall she was asked about this on the stand, and she said that she didn’t want to hurt Sig’s appeal. None of this makes sense to me, because I have seen correspondence between Sig and his attorneys in which Sig himself is strongly encouraged to take a deal, and told that the state is willing to make a deal with Katie. (I believe his attorney even tells him his chances on appeal are slim, but I am not certain I am remembering that correctly.). In the correspondence that I’ve seen, my impression is that he seems bent on taking his chances at trial and on appeal, despite all legal advice against it.

I was under the impression that Sig loved Katie very much and would do anything for her, but he seems to me in this case to have been reluctant to take a deal that might have helped them both. One would think that if Katie had been told about his refusal to take an opportunity to save her and help himself, she would have changed her mind on being reluctant to tell on him, especially with the death penalty off the table. It’s possible that the offer for him, and his refusal to take it, was not communicated to her. Something is not adding up for me.
Right. Not adding up. At all. She said “If i gave Charlie away I’d have to give up the father of my children..you can arrest Charlie…” or something like that. She said it several times to Rashbaum.
Theres something really fishy and I’m wondering if her appeal could have to do with lawyer issues.
She did admit she was involved in the murder, so what do you think her appeal can be?
And shouldn’t that have already been happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member