FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida is nuts. I believe we have the right to defend ourselves and all but being able to shoot at someone while driving, claim self defense and walk free seems crazy.

Even if there was some argument or reckless driving... that bullet still could have very well hit some other unsuspecting motorist.

Is Zimmerman a folk hero or something? Or just a lightening rod for bizarre attention? I just don't understand why he gets attention. At all. I wish he would do something noteworthy in a positive way as he garners all this attention. Does anyone know if he does any charity work? And what does he actually do for a living? TIA

I was just wondering today if he is still living off the donations he got for killing Trayvon. He must have money coming from some source.

With TM there was a homicide, not a murder as murder is legal conclusion that the jury did not make. Not that I'm defending GZ, just much of this goes to how the self-defense laws are made where you can get into a position where both sides can make legitimate claims for use of deadly force. I see a problem with the FL law where we know GZ had a right to assert self-defense, but I could see the same thing if instead GZ was killed and TM was put on trial. Even if TM was the first to throw a punch, he would have had his own self-defense claim in feeling threatened by an armed stranger who was chasing him in area he was allowed to be. This sort of goes with the present case in how I could see both GZ and MA having legitimate claims to self-defense in pulling/using their weapons. In FL there is loose self-defense laws combined with a high prosecutorial burden, so unless MA said something against his own interests in the 911 call or there is some other evidence aside from what GZ says, I don't see this going anywhere, which isn't to say I don't think anything wrong happened.

Some seem to forget about all involved having the right to claim self defense. I saw it happen in the last case with GZ and I'm seeing it with the events in this 'case' as well.
I agree that this might not go very far unless they charge some sort of reckless endangerment against both parties?

Let me get this straight, I can kill squirrels (wild) and that is OK, but if I kill a cat (pet) then I have issues? jmo idk

That is not at all what I meant.

When it was posted that Apperson's neighbor claimed that he has issues and that she has called police on him in the past, she also claimed to have found a dead squirrel in her yard that she believes he put there. A poster remarked that killing animals like that is something serial killers do. I responded "domestic animals like cats, yes." Then in a new paragraph, unrelated to the cats and serial killer statement, I went on to give my opinion regarding the dead squirrel - that I was not fully buying her claim that he captured, killed, and planted a wild animal in her yard (because finding a dead squirrel, opossum, raccoon, etc in one's yard is really not all that unusual), but the fact that she says he's delusional and has issues has my attention.

Some seem to forget about all involved having the right to claim self defense. I saw it happen in the last case with GZ and I'm seeing it with the events in this 'case' as well.
I agree that this might not go very far unless they charge some sort of reckless endangerment against both parties?

So one guy shot at the other but you think the guy who was shot at and the guy who shot at him should be both charged with "reckless endangerment?"

Well, he went to station, but unlike GZ, MA refused to talk.

MA invoked his constitutional right to have his attorney present during questioning.

There isn't a lawyer on the planet who would advise doing otherwise.

So one guy shot at the other but you think the guy who was shot at and the guy who shot at him should be both charged with "reckless endangerment?"

Since we really don't know at this point what IF any role GZ played it is possible that a charge may be filed against him if the investigation reveals he played a part in the disturbance.

Since we really don't know at this point what IF any role GZ played it is possible that a charge may be filed against him if the investigation reveals he played a part in the disturbance.
Anything is possible but there is no indication YET that GZ is guilty of anything other than being shot at.

Anything is possible but there is no indication YET that GZ is guilty of anything other than being shot at.

True not enough information at this point but let's say I wouldn't be shocked to find that both played a role.

No, that is what happened. George followed (stalked) Martin by car and then ran (chased) after him after dispatch advised him him to stay put. He then (engaged) Martin.
We all know what happened as a result. A fight that resulted in death of a teen that wasn't guilty of anything except being in the vicinity of GZ.
Zimmerman had no authority to act as LE in this matter but that didn't stop him.
I never said anything about wishing any misfortune to befall Zimmerman. As a matter of fact I hope that at some point he will learn by his own actions.
Maybe this last incident has brought that home to him. One can hope.
Well for starters there was no "murder" but I have no desire to rehash that hot mess again. Hopefully we will get all the facts of this case soon and the guilty party will be prosecuted.

True not enough information at this point but let's say I wouldn't be shocked to find that both played a role.
Wouldn't shock me either to be honest but I'll let it play out before blaming GZ.

I am interrupting and going off topic. Like George Zimmerman I keep popping up, opening my mouth and surprising people. LOL

I will ban myself later but first I want to remind you of something…If you see a post that moves you, makes you laugh, makes you feel some sort of special emotion because of the way the post is written then please nominate that post for The Websleuths Post of the Day.

Every day I'll have a new thread for the day posted in this forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?557-Websleuths-Post-of-the-Day-for-Facebook
The thread will have red letters saying
Pay attention to MEEEEEEEE!
That is the thread you put your nomination for Post of the Day. It doesn’t need to be from the current day. It can be an old post.
Then the winning post is uploaded to the Websleuths Facebook page. Then the fame hits. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. 

Ok, will ban myself shortly,

Love,
Tricia

Well for starters there was no "murder" but I have no desire to rehash that hot mess again. Hopefully we will get all the facts of this case soon and the guilty party will be prosecuted.

I'll admit the TM and GZ is a tough one to let go but I agree that it's best not to rehash it all again. Seems every time GZ is in the news it gets me angry all over again.lol
I hope too that we have some evidence to go on soon in this current mess.

SBM

He's a volunteer crime fighter/security guard...

Sorry, couldn't resist! In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if he is unemployed. There are probably some wackos out there that would employ him just because he is GZ though.

BBM

West refused to say where Zimmerman was now living. Zimmerman doesn't have a regular-paying job, and will stay in central Florida to cooperate with the investigation "until he is no longer needed," West said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-zimmerman-shooting-linked-prior-dust-30974193

I am not surprised Zimmerman is unemployed. Because of his notoriety, who is going to hire him?

Cut the snark and rudeness towards other posters. You know who you are.

This thread is for discussion of the current case, not for extensive discussion or arguing about the Trayvon Martin case.

Thanks.

Cut the snark and rudeness towards other posters. You know who you are.

This thread is for discussion of the current case, not for extensive discussion or arguing about the Trayvon Martin case.

Thanks.

And thank you for that. You saved me some serious typing there. lol

Hi Everyone,

Tricia Here. Remember me? The one who doesn't have a yoctogram (which is just one septillionth of a gram) of patience left?

I'm smiling now but I wouldn't call it a happy smile. Here, I'll post a selfie
stock-photo-close-up-portrait-of-scary-man-looking-very-stressed-and-upset-18629311.jpg

Please everyone. Help me prevent my veins from popping out of my eyes. Please do not discuss Trayvon Martin on this thread. This is about George Zimmerman and his latest altercation.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members