FL - Ibragim Todashev Shooting Incident, Orlando, 22 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In May 1997, the FBI officially adopted the Glock .40 S&W pistol for general agent use and first issued it to New Agent Class 98-1 in October of 1997. Initially, Models 22 and 23 were issued. At present, the Model 23 “FG&R” (finger groove and rail) is the issue sidearm, allowing the agents to attach tactical lights to their pistols. The only personally owned handguns now on the approved list are the Glock 21 (full-size .45 ACP), the Glock 26 (sub-compact 9 mm) and the 27 (sub-compact .40 S&W). This cuts down somewhat on parts inventory at the Quantico gun vault and provides the agents with some variety in a system with which they are already familiar.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/history-of-fbi-handguns/
So, is it basically like the guns and stuff are not like situation specfic? I think you would want an assalt weapon at the Marathon - but if they visited a suspect because he/she ripped off American Express would they interview one with automatic weapons on them?

That seems like it increases the danger to the agents, no?

my goodness, it certianly feels like an agenda in here!

IMO, there is no way they weren't "friends" if they texted each other...I am willing to bet he had some knowledge and maybe some involvement or plans for future involvement - you just never know. If the FBI viewed him as a threat, so be it. and my goodness if I was wanted for questioning, I would not be playing hard ball with the FBI, my butt would be at the office clearing myself....but, gee, maybe he did have something to hide....

and if one can't see the necessary reasons why agents would need automatic weapons, well, I don't really know how to spell it out.

In any dialog about anything if one exchanges the word "agenda" for "conversation", differing thoughts, views, etc. one would be more accurate IMO. By that I mean one individual is not expressing their thoughts while another individual doing the same thing and it is called an "agenda"
. It iscalled a conversation!

Agenda IMO,means "items to be attended to."

Dialog is like differing points of view based on all kinds of stuff - age, gender, family history, life history, education history, vocational history etc. etc.

If the label "agenda" is to be used in this context then IMO both parties have an agenda.OR both parties are having a conversation.

I look at it at different world views in the context of each individual’s history - nothing more nothing less!

In this day age (see last night’s Verizon story!) if these guys had any meaningful relationship whatsoever by now we would have heard that they spoke 84 times from this date to this date from this location at this time.

Look at ALL the stuff we had on older and younger as the story played and social media and cell phones were all a big part of that. This kid never registered cause there is IMO nothing to register. They would have been able recognize one another in passing cause they had passed by one antoher a couple of times, trained at the same gym a couple of times.

The notion that two people who have each other’s phone numbers in their cell phone indicates some signfignant relationship is pulling at strings IMO...

If they were such great buds why did his name never come up before? In the training gym no one ever referred to this kid as a meaningful part of older life
They were both skilled proficient athletes. IMO, they spoke on this “vital” cell phone call to say hi, ask about his knee and surgery etc. (guess here) IMO IMO IMO

No relationship has ever been established between these two from the beginning. And pretty early on we learned of both older and Youngers relationships, the intensity of those relationships and the significance of them.

The deceased never was on older or younger radar, and vice versa older and younger were never in kids life (friends etc) .

It is called an "Acquaintance".

This kid came on the radar late, too late IMO. They had worked out a couple of times by being in the gym at the same time, and said hey how ya doing on a cell phone call ………………………

There are NO cell phone records indicating any interaction with both spheres of relationships etc. ANd , if there had been we would have heard a lot more about it, in much greater depth,in terms of frequency of contact, number of calls, facebook connections, twitter connections etc.
NOTHING!

Meaningless and overplayed IMO.

So his father said at one point Ibrahim was an exchange student in the US(2008?). True "exchange students" usually have host families that they live with. I know it was a few years ago, but I am wondering if we have heard from Todashev's host family? (Or possibly the father was using the term incorrectly) Certainly, after living with him for a school year (the usual) they would know something of his character.

One more question for those of you who have been watching the details from the beginning. Is the father a government official? If so, how could Todashev claim asylum in the US?

ETA: If this is a rehash of an already answered question, feel free to tell me. There are enough of those already on this thread :)
usually have host families that they live with

That WOULD be awesome information on this kid!

Not sure about that but on the police report from the parking lot rage he claimed to be a United States citizen. :shakehead:
I think he was called a legal perm resident, not sure if that is exact wordage.

Here is link about green card - looks like a hassle,

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=80f63a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

IMO, like everything else he seems to have been following the system, capable of navagating a lot of stuff to get it etc. Educated, credentialed etc - getting through the hoops and following the rules etc etc. Congruent.

Exactly !!! How did he get a green card? How did Musa Khadjimuradov ,a known Chechen rebel get exile? How come we were warned about TT by both Russia and Saudi yet it seemed to be mostly ignored?
Cause our systems are not working all that well ? YA think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is stuff with correct link all in the same article had to many widnows open.

I thank you for letting me know my error cause this is important information as it relates to be cleared both in term of the conclusion and a reason IMO why they had to drop the allegation that he had anything to do with the bombing. IMO, makes sense why they switched gears after accusing him etc etc

This seems like it would be pretty easy for FBI to check out - so maybe that is why after alledging he was connected to the bombing they backed off and declared that he had no involvment with bombing

Todashev was not suspected of involvement in the April 15 attacks at the finish line of the marathon that killed three and injured more than 260, according to NBC News

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...an-tsarnaev/RsCv0rrcKWPQx5e9KFJEWL/story.html

Ahhh I figured out what happened. This:

that Ibragim also could not have been involved in the Marathon bombings *because he was in the hospital, recuperating from knee surgery. “If he is not provoked, he is very calm and would never attack anyone,” he said in Russian.

Todashev is not considered a suspect in the Marathon bombings.

Is from this:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...an-tsarnaev/RsCv0rrcKWPQx5e9KFJEWL/story.html

I am checking right now if this one works!

not that other one

Thanx again for pointing out the wrong cut and paste ahhh to error is human!

And try to verify if that is accurate i.e his knee surgery. That would be conclusive data for us! Anyone know when it happened etc etc?

Also trying to find the actual police report from the "road rage" incident - shall keep trying.

That too, would be neat to know the details!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=80f63a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

IMO, like everything else he seems to have been following the system, capable of navagating a lot of stuff to get it etc. Educated, credentialed etc - getting through the hoops and following the rules etc etc. Congruent.

I realize he was a legal perm resident. I do wonder why the arrest affidavit has him listed as a US citizen. Is that what he told the arresting officer?

triple murders didn't come up until the day of the shooting. That is my sense too. The exwife stated as such before they killed him.

As posted earlier they had been following them around for weeks. They were talking to his friends etc. According to the friend, video last page, they never asked anything about triple the entire time. This is congruent with the friend and the ex wife.

Obviously if we are into our 8th hour , after weeks , we must be having a hard time coming up with anything arrestable.

He was cooperative. Now that all the outside folks ACLU etc are asking for indep reviews and the high profile nature of how it was all confused (still is ) odds are IMO, one agency ought to be able to look into this.

But by then it (cept for ANderson !) it will go away and we will know nothing...

Rachel Maddows covered the FBI shooting at least once on her show.

I'm really surprised some on here are asking questions about stuff I just provided on the last page. It would be better if we could fix any of the mistakes or add to the facts as we know them. Why can't we keep any of these pages focused.

And try to verify if that is accurate i.e his knee surgery. That would be conclusive data for us! Anyone know when it happened etc etc?

Also trying to find the actual police report from the "road rage" incident - shall keep trying.

That too, would be neat to know the details!

According to this interview, it was some time in March, so I doubt he was "in the hospital" during the bombing.
http://fox43.com/2013/05/22/man-killed-by-fbi-agent-knew-tsarnaevs-official-says/#axzz2VXen5ZRW
“Todashev said he was only fighting to protect his knee because he had surgery in March,” the report said. He told the police that he was a former mixed martial arts fighter, it said.

He seemed to be able to walk on his knee in early May when he got in the fight in the parking lot. I doubt his knee was bothering him during the FBI interview. JMO.

Also, is this not the police report you are looking for? http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/05/22/20130522101332.pdf
Is there some other report? :confused:

College/university he attended must have been in MA. Is there proof he had a J-1 visa or was that a story he told his dad? <snip>

I think it's validated that he was here on a J-1 Visa, but not absolutely sure. I looked around last night. I couldn't find any mention of WHERE he went to college/university. Has anyone found that? Can you get a J-1 Visa for study here if you are not attending a university?

Green card for an asylee

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=d7f6a6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

You are not required to apply for a green card; however, it may be in your best interest to do so. You may no longer qualify for asylum status with the right to remain permanently in the United States if:

country conditions change in your home country or
you no longer meet the definition of an asylee due to changed circumstances.

According to this interview, it was some time in March, so I doubt he was "in the hospital" during the bombing.
http://fox43.com/2013/05/22/man-killed-by-fbi-agent-knew-tsarnaevs-official-says/#axzz2VXen5ZRW

He seemed to be able to walk on his knee in early May when he got in the fight in the parking lot. I doubt his knee was bothering him during the FBI interview. JMO.

Also, is this not the police report you are looking for? http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/05/22/20130522101332.pdf
Is there some other report? :confused:

Most knew surgery doesn't take that long in the hospital. Not sure what surgery he had done, but:

"Arthroscopic surgery is often done on an outpatient basis, which means that you do not spend a night in the hospital. Other surgery may require staying in the hospital for a couple of days."

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-surgery

"Typically, patients are able to drive from 1 to 3 weeks after the procedure."

"Unless you have had a ligament reconstruction, you should be able to return to most physical activities after 6 to 8 weeks, or sometimes much sooner."

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00299

When does rehabilitation start after an ACL reconstruction?
On the day of surgery. Patients are given a set of exercises to start immediately in the recovery room.

Will I need to be on crutches after surgery?

Yes, but only initially and only for comfort. Full weight bearing is gradually increased as tolerated by the patient. It typically takes seven to 10 days after the procedure, until the patient is comfortable without the assistance of a crutch. An exception to this rule is if the patient also underwent a meniscal repair or other reconstruction of an additional ligament. In these cases, weight bearing may be restricted for several weeks

When can I drive?
Usually by two weeks after surgery, patients are off crutches and demonstrate adequate muscle function, mobility, and comfort to allow driving.

http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/acl-program/surgical-recovery/acl-rehab-expectations.html

I'm really surprised some on here are asking questions about stuff I just provided on the last page. It would be better if we could fix any of the mistakes or add to the facts as we know them. Why can't we keep any of these pages focused.

time, please accept my apologies. Let me go read your links. I am sure they are more up to date!

I really wish that we could move on also!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222
Back