FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, FL Keys,14 May 2017 #2 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was not expecting that. I wonder why he returned to FL? Did he have the coins or other stolen goods hidden someplace? It really puts the whole boat sinking/wife missing incident in a whole new light. JMO.
He seems he is deep into the hinky. lImho. I wonder if there is more we don't yet?

"NEW: Husband of missing woman arrested on federal coin theft charges"

"According to the federal complaint, the owner of the ship Kitty R, based in the Caribbean nation of St. Maarten, said that in September 2015, he had bought 617 collectible coins for the equivalent of about $41,000 in U.S. dollars.

The man reported that Bennett had been a crew member in May 2016 when gold and silver coins stored inside plastic tubes were stolen by someone who had broken open the floor beneath a pallet of food. The owner said he did not file a claim because the items were not listed among covered items on his insurance policy.

On May 8, 2016, the complaint says, Bennett filed a police report in St. Maarten about the missing coins, saying they were stolen sometime either on May 5 or early May 6 of that year, when Bennett and the owner were not aboard.

-SBM-

When Bennett called the Coast Guard for help early on May 15, the Coast Guard sent a helicopter from Marathon. When the Coast Guard retrieved his life raft, authorities noticed he’d loaded a suitcase and two backpacks on the raft but had taken only one backpack with him when he was pulled off the raft by the Coast Guard swimmer, who 'noticed that his backpack was unusually heavy.'

The Coast Guard later recovered the life raft and took it to Key West on May 19. Found aboard: a suitcase; a backpack; unexpended parachute flares; buoys; 14 gallons of water; a second ePIRB homing device, and nine plastic tubes which were found to contain some 225 of the stolen coins. That cache alone was worth about $4,200, the complaint said.

On May 23, law-enforcement officials returned the coins to Bennett at his suburban Delray Beach condo before realizing they might have been stolen. When they went to the condo May 23, the coins were still in their evidence bags and Bennett agreed to turn them over.

After the coins’ owner confirmed the ones Bennett had were his, that prompted the high-profile, eight-hour June 16 raid of the Bennett-Hellmann condo in Pine Ridge of Delray, the complaint said. Inside, investigators found 162 more coins hidden in boat shoes; those were worth about $26,100.

-SBM-"
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...al-coin-theft-charges/cRJXKKFC13NZlkRNBl3KYN/

All BBM.

I understand he has not been convicted of any crime, but how do you explain what the last sentence says? And why all the extra items ("unexpended parachute flares; buoys; 14 gallons of water; a second ePIRB homing device")? Did he really spend any time looking for Isabella, or was he too busy loading the suitcase (speechless ...) on the life raft?

Whether he did anything to Isabella, he is not a very nice person, IMO, and I suspect this wasn't the first time he was involved in something shady.

Now all I can think about is their poor little baby. She turned one a little over a month ago, I believe.

"NEW: Husband of missing woman arrested on federal coin theft charges"

"According to the federal complaint, the owner of the ship Kitty R, based in the Caribbean nation of St. Maarten, said that in September 2015, he had bought 617 collectible coins for the equivalent of about $41,000 in U.S. dollars.

The man reported that Bennett had been a crew member in May 2016 when gold and silver coins stored inside plastic tubes were stolen by someone who had broken open the floor beneath a pallet of food. The owner said he did not file a claim because the items were not listed among covered items on his insurance policy.

On May 8, 2016, the complaint says, Bennett filed a police report in St. Maarten about the missing coins, saying they were stolen sometime either on May 5 or early May 6 of that year, when Bennett and the owner were not aboard.

-SBM-

When Bennett called the Coast Guard for help early on May 15, the Coast Guard sent a helicopter from Marathon. When the Coast Guard retrieved his life raft, authorities noticed he’d loaded a suitcase and two backpacks on the raft but had taken only one backpack with him when he was pulled off the raft by the Coast Guard swimmer, who 'noticed that his backpack was unusually heavy.'

The Coast Guard later recovered the life raft and took it to Key West on May 19. Found aboard: a suitcase; a backpack; unexpended parachute flares; buoys; 14 gallons of water; a second ePIRB homing device, and nine plastic tubes which were found to contain some 225 of the stolen coins. That cache alone was worth about $4,200, the complaint said.

On May 23, law-enforcement officials returned the coins to Bennett at his suburban Delray Beach condo before realizing they might have been stolen. When they went to the condo May 23, the coins were still in their evidence bags and Bennett agreed to turn them over.

After the coins’ owner confirmed the ones Bennett had were his, that prompted the high-profile, eight-hour June 16 raid of the Bennett-Hellmann condo in Pine Ridge of Delray, the complaint said. Inside, investigators found 162 more coins hidden in boat shoes; those were worth about $26,100.

-SBM-"
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...al-coin-theft-charges/cRJXKKFC13NZlkRNBl3KYN/

All BBM.

I understand he has not been convicted of any crime, but how do you explain what the last sentence says? And why all the extra items ("unexpended parachute flares; buoys; 14 gallons of water; a second ePIRB homing device")? Did he really spend any time looking for Isabella, or was he too busy loading the suitcase (speechless ...) on the life raft?

Whether he did anything to Isabella, he is not a very nice person, IMO, and I suspect this wasn't the first time he was involved in something shady.

Now all I can think about is their poor little baby. She turned one a little over a month ago, I believe.

I wonder if she accidentally found this stolen loot..I couldn't see her agreeing with this..

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I'm confused about a few things.

1) was it confirmed he left the US and went back to the U.K. recently? If so, I'm really surprised he was able to leave the country after the FBI raid, and even more surprised he came back to the US knowing it was strongly possible he could get arrested (which he did obviously)

2) LE dropped the coins off to him along with his other belongings on may 23, and went back same day because they realized the coins may be stolen? the way this was written in the article was confusing to me.

3). LB called authorities himself when the coins "went missing" from the Kitty boat? the article also said the owner didn't make a report because the coins wouldn't be covered under insurance. However a report was made by Bennett if I am reading correctly. I guess this just seemed kind of misleading to me, that the owner didn't make a report but a report was made, by no other than Bennett himself.

Sorry if I am making things more confusing to anyone else, or if I am overthinking the My Palm beach Post article. It's been a long day and my brain is fried.

Also, I am getting more and more suspicious about his trip to Cuba to "look for Isabella in hospitals".

Wow. Wow. And wow again at the recent info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a feeling he was shady from the first time I read this story and decided to post it.

Why am I not surprised ??
Speaks volumes about his character. Imo.

WowWowWOW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

:gasp:

:giggle:

Who knew the coast guard had this secret! We were all talking about the recovery of the boat, and what evidence was lost when it sank... and low and behold... they retrieved the life raft! I bet he never knew or considered that ?another helicopter? would recover it after he was "saved" and whisked away!

I know I never thought about evidence in the raft, or even considered that the Coast Guard would have another craft retrieve his lifeboat.

DAYUM!

:giggle: Does anyone here wanna step forward and say that they thought the liferaft had evidence to come after him?

:websleuther:

WOW!

Well well well....wow is right!

I suspected in the beginning he was shady, his murky past, the difficulty in finding any history on the guy, his finances etc. I didn't believe his story.

Then I did start to believe it could have been a horrible accident after all.

So, I'm back to my first impressions.
Feel so sad for the child...

:gasp:

:giggle:

Who knew the coast guard had this secret! We were all talking about the recovery of the boat, and what evidence was lost when it sank... and low and behold... they retrieved the life raft! I bet he never knew or considered that ?another helicopter? would recover it after he was "saved" and whisked away!

I know I never thought about evidence in the raft, or even considered that the Coast Guard would have another craft retrieve his lifeboat.

DAYUM!

:giggle: Does anyone here wanna step forward and say that they thought the liferaft had evidence to come after him?

WOW!

Am I crazy, or did a cable news show have some sort of "expert" on who said that the FBI had Bennett's boat in their evidence garage? Everyone thought they meant the Catamaran. Other sources seemed to prove that claim as false and that the Catamaran sank in the ocean. No one considered that the "boat" in the FBI garage might have been the lifeboat! :shame:

ETA: I looked back through thread 1 and I can't find this, so perhaps I'm thinking of another case or mistaken. Please feel free to correct me. :blushing:

Am I crazy, or did a cable news show have some sort of "expert" on who said that the FBI had Bennett's boat in their evidence garage? Everyone thought they meant the Catamaran. Other sources seemed to prove that claim as false and that the Catamaran sank in the ocean. No one considered that the "boat" in the FBI garage might have been the lifeboat! :shame:

Oh yes! I do recall that now! hehehehe :floorlaugh:

I think ALL OF US are going to lose our sleuther status as we didn't consider such... or ... did someone that was ignored? (that shall now stand up proudly!)

I'm still looking for that :websleuther: who is going to come forward and say "I knew it! I posted such on thread x and post y"

I have the award ready for such poster ... it is a

:goldcrown:

:floorlaugh:

Oh yes! I do recall that now! hehehehe :floorlaugh:

I think ALL OF US are going to lose our sleuther status as we didn't consider such... or ... did someone that was ignored? (that shall now stand up proudly!)

I'm still looking for that :websleuther: who is going to come forward and say "I knew it! I posted such on thread x and post y"

I have the award ready for such poster :crown:

Haha! Not me! :facepalm: I didn't even consider that a life raft could carry as many things as are listed above. :whoosh:

Sounds like he had plenty of time to pack the raft as he was abandoning ship. :eek:hoh:

Okay, now I'm done holding the "LB might be innocent" torch. This guy is as shady as they come.

I'm :eek:fftobed: before I found out why he even returned to the US. I've seen on other cases how LE lures folks back to the US... I wonder if it was to complete the sale of the condo property or ??. I've not taken time to read all... so if anyone wants to post how / why he was back... TIA

Wow what a twist. I don't even know if I have commented before but have followed all the way. Not once did I think of a life raft when the comment came up about the FBI having the boat !!!!

So he had time to save his stolen goods but not to find his wife...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back