FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, FL Keys,14 May 2017 #2 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From greater than's link..

In that brief interview on Monday, Bennett’s father, who did not give his name, said Lewis has had bad experiences with the media.

“The trouble with that is that when he has done it before, it does not end up the way he tells it,” the man said. “They change it around.”

From the timeline above:

"November 2013: In St. Maarten, in the Caribbean, Bennett buys catamaran described as a 37-foot Fountaine Pajot Orana 44. He registers it in Australia."

Ummm....the Orana 44 is a 44 foot boat, not a 37 foot boat. That's what the numbers mean.

So the boat that sank was a different length, different name and different age than the boat he purchased in 2013. So maybe a different boat?

No wonder he didn't salvage it! Sounds like lots of secrets went down with that cat.

__

On a side note I'd like to send a BIG THANK YOU to The Palm Beach Post for continuing to investigate this story :tyou:

No wonder he didn't salvage it! Sounds like lots of secrets went down with that cat.

__

On a side note I'd like to send a BIG THANK YOU to The Palm Beach Post for continuing to investigate this story :tyou:
I disagree, it wasn't secret, it just didn't show up on a google search.

Let's say you own two cars and are reported to have have totalled your car. People google your name and come up with a newspaper article talking about your vintage rolls royce. They assume you crashed your rolls, but in fact you crashed your other car, the lexus. You didn't have a 'secret' lexus, it just didn't come up on a google search. You didn't go to the media to explain that it was your lexus and not the rolls, but that doesn't make you a liar.

I'm trying to convey the limitation of google searching and advising not to jump to conclusions like accusing people of lying based on inadequate data from google searches.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I don't think LB is dumb, and wouldn't purchase an expensive yacht thinking it was something else. Other than evading paying higher taxes or insurance, or being duped, what are other possible reasons he would falsify (accidental or purposeful) documents?

Here's a brochure that also contains specs (page 9 or 16) on the Orana 44 specs. Beautiful boat.
http://www.fountainepajot.com.au/wp...01/Fountaine-Pajot-2012.2013-Brochure-web.pdf

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8986.jpg
    IMG_8986.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 265
http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/isabella-hellmanns-family-asks-lewis-bennett-if-they-can-visit-couples-baby-in-england 7:25 PM, Jul 17, 2017

Isabella Hellmann's family asks Lewis Bennett if they can visit couple's baby in England This was 4 days ago, but didn't see posted.

" We are looking forward to seeing you [Emelia] for your birthday, but it is all up to your father."

So sad, I have little hope that her family, addressing him in social media this way, will obtain his support for her family interactions.

The article says Isabella's family wrote a letter to Lewis Bennett.

Didn't LB say he was shying away from social media for a bit since it was so negative? He may not see their request.

Wanted to clarify that article says "letter written to Bennett in England." I assume that means they mailed him a letter.

I disagree, it wasn't secret, it just didn't show up on a google search.

Let's say you own two cars and are reported to have have totalled your car. People google your name and come up with a newspaper article talking about your vintage rolls royce. They assume you crashed your rolls, but in fact you crashed your other car, the lexus. You didn't have a 'secret' lexus, it just didn't come up on a google search. You didn't go to the media to explain that it was your lexus and not the rolls, but that doesn't make you a liar.

I'm trying to convey the limitation of google searching and advising not to jump to conclusions like accusing people of lying based on inadequate data from google searches.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I don't believe the boat was determined by a google search. It was determined by Bennet telling the coast guard and the media, that's the boat the sank.

Also, according to Isabella's family, Bennet had the papers of the boat that coast guard let him go back in the boat for..

https://www.local10.com/news/coast-guard-calls-off-search-for-missing-delray-beach-woman < Article reporting Bennet said that's the boat that sunk.

From Great Than's post above:
June 21: Court papers are formally served on Bennett&#8217;s family home in Southampton, England.

Do we know what these court papers are about?

Sister of woman missing at sea drops bid to control assets, report says

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-pb-delray-beach-missing-woman-20170731-story.html

BREAKING: Sister of woman missing at sea drops bid to control assets

The sister of Isabella Hellmann, the suburban Delray Beach woman reported lost at sea in May, has dropped her effort to take control of her finances from her newlywed husband.

Andriana DiFeo of Jupiter had filed in Palm Beach County Court in June to challenge Lewis Bennett, but dropped the petition on Friday, her lawyer, Mitchell Kitroser of North Palm Beach, told The Palm Beach Post on Monday.
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...ps-bid-control-assets/NAKrzJ8JVcqsraxs8etJPL/

Isabella Hellmann's sister reluctantly backs out of legal fight with Hellmann's husband over assets

July 31, 2017

[...]

On behalf of her attorney, Hellmann's sister Adriana DiFeo said she understands that legally Bennett has rights to all of her sister's property and assets. Attorney Mitchell Kitroser said that through Mr. Bennett's attorney he was made aware of what Ms. DiFeo's plans were. Bennett still sought to dismiss the family's petition.

[...]

DiFeo said through her attorney that she did not support Bennett's motion to dismiss their petition. Kitroser released the following statement on DiFeo's behalf:

"Through Mr Bennett’s attorney, we offered Mr. Bennett full transparency and open disclosure of all steps Adriana would have taken as conservator, in an effort to work together with him, despite the suspicions surrounding his role in Isabella’s disappearance. Unfortunately, he was unwilling to work with us. Isabella’s family continues to pray for her and for her return as well as for the safety and wellbeing of her infant daughter, Emilia, who Mr. Bennett has taken and refused to allow them to see."

The family wrote to Bennett in hopes of visiting the baby in England for her first birthday last week. They never got a response from him.

The FBI is still investigating Hellmann's disappearance.

So sad all around, except for Bennett who I believe got what he wanted, well maybe not, he'll have to wait 5 years for Isabella's death certificate.

Some skeletal remains have been found under a bridge in North Key Largo (Warning-- image of actual skull): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-Card-Sound-Bridge-in-North-Key-Largo-Aug-17

Probably a lot of people this could be, but I couldn't help thinking of Isabella. What are the chances her remains could have washed there? Can anyone map in relation to where the boat was found?

I'm no expert but there look to be substantial accretions on that skull so I'm guessing it's been in the water more than a couple of months.

I read this article which made me think of the aftermath of Isabella's disappearance.... Bennet requesting a death certificate shortly after her disappearance... Isabella's sister asking to control Isabella's affairs / financials.

It's a very interesting read that sheds light into how hard it is to manage assets of a missing person even when you are the spouse of the missing (and presumed dead).

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/aug/01/what-happens-finances-missing-legistaltion-families

Lewis Bennett, husband of Delray Beach woman missing at sea, arrested by the FBI

http://amp.wptv.com/2335160586/lewi...woman-missing-at-sea-arrested-by-the-fbi.html

A statement from the FBI says Bennett was arrested without incident in West Palm Beach.

The FBI says it is anticipated that Bennett will make his first appearance in a Key West Federal Court on Tuesday.

Bennett was arrested in connection with the theft of gold and silver coins valued at approximately $100,000.
According to a criminal complaint, law enforcement became aware of coins that had been stolen from a sailing vessel named "KITTY R" that was located in St. Maarten in May 2016.
The FBI says Lewis Bennett took only one backpack of personal items with him at the time he was being rescued from his life raft by a USCG rescue swimmer. The rescue swimmer stated that his backpack was unusually heavy.
During the search efforts, USCG recovered and transported Bennett's life raft and contents to the USCG Station in Key West where all of the items onboard were inventoried.

Among his personal items were 9 plastic tubes wrapped in clear tape containing what appeared to be silver coins.

When rescued, Bennett carried one backpack with him, the contents of which were not searched by the USCG. The FBI says the collectible coins that were recovered from the life raft only account for a portion of the total amount of coins that were stolen.

:eek:hwow:

I was not expecting that. I wonder why he returned to FL? Did he have the coins or other stolen goods hidden someplace? It really puts the whole boat sinking/wife missing incident in a whole new light. JMO.

Isabella Hellmann mystery spans three continents, raises questions

July 19, 2017

On Monday, a British journalist knocked on the door of a home in Hythe, a coastal Hampshire town about 85 miles southwest of London.

“We have been told not to say anything,” the resident told the reporter, sent by The Palm Beach Post. “He lives here some of the time, because we are his parents, but not all the time.”

“He” is Lewis Bennett, whereabouts unknown. The 40-year-old man has a mysterious back story, no permanent home or confirmed means of income, and a little girl who turns 1 this month and whose mother vanished at sea.

His story — and that of 41-year-old suburban Delray Beach real estate broker Isabella Hellmann — takes place in an array of locales that would fill the board game Risk, with push pins in no fewer than nine countries and possessions spanning three continents.

[...]

ISABELLA VANISHES: A TIMELINE

November 1975: Luz Stella Isabella Rodriguez is born in Colombia. She is believed to have moved to Florida some time in the 1990s.

April 1977: Lewis Bennett is born in Dorset area of southwest England. He attends public schools and at some point moves to Australia.

February 2002: Isabella marries William Hellmann. The two begin divorce proceedings in August 2012 in Palm Beach County Circuit Court in Delray Beach. Divorce is final in August 2014.

May 2011: Lewis Bennett registers Next Generation Solar in Australia.

November 2013: In St. Maarten, in the Caribbean, Bennett buys catamaran described as a 37-foot Fountaine Pajot Orana 44. He registers it in Australia.

2015: Isabella Hellmann and Lewis Bennett meet online.

August 2015: Bennett registers Next Generation Solar in Florida.

July 2016: Amelia is born.

January 2017: The couple buys a condo at the Pine Ridge at Delray Beach development for $123,000.

February: The couple marry in Atlanta.

April 30: Isabella flies to St. Maarten to meet Bennett and his catamaran, the Surf into Summer, which had been there since April 8. The couple sail that day. Facebook postings show her May 1 in Puerto Rico and May 2 in the British Virgin Islands. Those are her last public postings.

May 14: The couple reportedly leaves Varadero, a resort town about 75 miles east of Havana, at 5:30 p.m.

May 15: Bennett contacts the Coast Guard around 1 a.m. to say the boat has struck something and is sinking and Hellmann is missing. Hours later, he is rescued and flown to the Florida Keys.

May 18: Coast Guard officially calls off search.

May 19: Coast Guard responds to Bennett request for a “letter of presumed death,” saying it doesn’t have authority.

May 23: At condo, officials, possibly FBI investigators, search Bennett’s car, and interview him. Sometime before June 1, FBI evidence tape seals the door.

May 26: Coast Guard and FBI confirm to Palm Beach Post that they are conducting a “missing persons investigation.”

May 27: Bennett claims he just returned from searching hospitals in Cuba for Isabella.

May 28: In confrontation to which police are called, Hellmann’s sister screams accusations at Bennett, who had come to pick up Emelia at the family’s Boca Raton home.

May 30: Dailymail.com posts interview with Bennett at his suburban Delray Beach condominium in which he professes his innocence.

June 14: Isabelle’s sister, Adriana Difeo of Jupiter, files in Palm Beach County Circuit Court in Palm Beach Gardens to take over Isabella’s finances.

June 16: Investigators spend eight hours searching the couple’s condo and leave with several boxes.

June 21: Court papers are formally served on Bennett’s family home in Southampton, England.

June 28: Bennett says in a Facebook posting he has gone to England with Amelia. After receiving both supportive and critical comments, he takes down the post. He later closes his Facebook page altogether.

July 10: Bennett’s Boca Raton lawyer formally files to challenge sister’s conservatorship effort.

You will have to add a lot. :) Because I'm reading from new to old posts, I do know it. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back