FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, SE of the FL Keys, 14 May 2017 #1 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how Bennett was able to get his personal belongings out of the boat but it is too dangerous for anyone else to go in and look around? I'm confused.

I'm curious who Bennet's friend / business partner is.... this person has entered the narrative at pivotal moments.

1. The last phone call with Isabella's sister, she said that the satellite phone was malfunctioning and was told by Bennet's friend it was difficult to activate.

Why is this coming from this other person and not Bennet himself? Clearly he would know that if he's a sea captain and "transports people for a living"

There is significance in the timing of the phone being activated and relevant enough for Isabella to tell her sister that this person said that...

2. When Isabella's sister woke up at 3AM with missed calls it was stated one of the calls was Bennet's business parter telling her she needed to pick up Bennet from Coast Guard.

3. Neighbor of Isabella's said someone was helping Bennet carry things out of the condo and dump them in the trash. After Isabella's disappearance.

Now these are VERY important moments in the narrative... these COULD be all different people but something tells me it's the same person.

I'm curious who this person is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know what supplies, if any, were in the lifeboat with Mr. Bennett.

I think it's a problem with reporting. He probably took a small bag onto the life raft with him.

Can someone explain how Bennett was able to get his personal belongings out of the boat but it is too dangerous for anyone else to go in and look around? I'm confused.
because when he got off the boat it was just in the process of sinking and now it's almost fully submerged .. just my guess.

It doesn't seem so because he didn't have time to grab his passport.

because when he got off the boat it was just in the process of sinking and now it's almost fully submerged .. just my guess.

But didn't he go back for that stuff AFTER being rescued? So his rescuers allowed him to go back on the boat?

More than one person did this imo.

Bless her heart... and that poor baby and other child.

But didn't he go back for that stuff AFTER being rescued? So his rescuers allowed him to go back on the boat?

That's what I don't understand. It was stated that the CG allowed him to retrieve a backpack from the boat.

How was he able to do this? All pictures show the cat upside down/sideways?

Edit to add this:

18765906_1978404822381024_329679463979226422_n.png

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...ut-trip-questions-what-happened-to-her-sister

More than one person did this imo.

Bless her heart... and that poor baby and other child.

Based on the timeline, I definitely am wondering about this "business partner...."

Husband under investigation for wife's disappearance at sea

The husband of Isabella Hellman, a mother and realtor from Delray Beach, is under investigation in connection with her disappearance at sea, U.S. Marshals say.

The information is contained in a police report from the Boca Raton Police Department on May 28. An officer responded to a call for a civil assist at the home of the in-laws of Lewis Bennett.

[...]

Police said Hellmann's sister started yelling at him, claiming he killed her sister. The police officer and Bennett decided it was best for him to leave.

The officer then contacted an investigator with the U.S. Marshals who said Bennett is the subject of a probe into his wife's disappearance. The FBI is also working with the Coast Guard in the search for Hellmann.
RBBM

Curiously, the bolded sentence above has now disappeared from the linked article.

I found a Sun Sentinel article that says the same, however:

"Husband now part of inquiry into Delray woman missing at sea, report says"
By WPEC-CBS 12, Gary Detman
WPEC-CBS12
MAY 31, 2017, 7:00 PM
"...
The police officer and Bennett decided it was best for him to leave.

Police next contacted an investigator with the U.S. Marshals, who said Bennett is the subject of a probe into his wife’s disappearance, the report said.
..." (BBM)
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...ance-at-sea-investigation-20170531-story.html

It says "To read the full report click here" at the bottom of the article, and the link takes you to the cbs12 article (the one Greater Than posted above and is written by the same reporter), so ... it may be a matter of time before the bit about the police contacting the U.S. Marshals is deleted from the Sun Sentinel article as well. Maybe LE did not want this information known to the general public -and Bennett in particular-, and asked MSM to remove it?

This case is so strange. :rollercoaster:
At first, I thought there is no way that he did it. I mean, how could one person flip a catamaran? And all of those photos of him smiling. And it is so easy to fall from a boat.
Then, it appears he used the special phone and then put it back inside the sinking catamaran? Huh?
Next, he appeared to have forgotten about the baby, if the neighbor's account is correct. If he didn't want to care for the baby, I suspect Isabella's family would love to have her. But, no, he wants to have the baby.
Now this issue of another person helping really intrigues me. :dunno: what to think!

Catching up. Can somebody verify that was said by law enforcement, versus him or third party..that he was allowed to *go back to a submerged vessel* to retreive.

Just wanting to review source and semantics with a link.

RBBM

Curiously, the bolded sentence above has now disappeared from the linked article.

I found a Sun Sentinel article that says the same, however:

"Husband now part of inquiry into Delray woman missing at sea, report says"
By WPEC-CBS 12, Gary Detman
WPEC-CBS12
MAY 31, 2017, 7:00 PM
"...
The police officer and Bennett decided it was best for him to leave.

Police next contacted an investigator with the U.S. Marshals, who said Bennett is the subject of a probe into his wife’s disappearance, the report said.
..." (BBM)
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...ance-at-sea-investigation-20170531-story.html

It says "To read the full report click here" at the bottom of the article, and the link takes you to the cbs12 article (the one Greater Than posted above and is written by the same reporter), so ... it may be a matter of time before the bit about the police contacting the U.S. Marshals is deleted from the Sun Sentinel article as well. Maybe LE did not want this information known to the general public -and Bennett in particular-, and asked MSM to remove it?

RSBM

Interesting.... looks like we at WS are not the only ones who have questions..........

I thought they were heading to Boca. I will find a link.

Originally it was Boca. Bennett said Boca, but Hellman's sister said more recently that their final stop was Key West.

______

Isabella's sister said Isabella wanted to help her husband move a boat from St. Martin to Key West. The boat would later be taken to Australia by Bennett and his business partner, according to the sister.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...ut-trip-questions-what-happened-to-her-sister

Coast Guard Miami said Bennett told the agency the boat had been in the Bahamas and its ultimate destination was Boca Raton.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...mystery-missing-woman/5reNR5lTYpl2kcOKNxdxaP/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee