FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He is! And he doesn't deserve to be behind bars... At least not for the 17 wild-life charges. CB did exactly the same things in the past. She's not the Mother Theresa of wild cats!

JMO

"Free Joe Exotic"

Not to mention Jeff Lowe, who was arrested in Vegas for cub petting and federal weapons charges, yet he’s not in prison either.

FL. Injunction Against Domestic Violence. Before a Notice or Hearing?
@PatLaurel sbm
Briefly:
Per below, imo, judge
may grant temporary injunction (aka personal protection order)
---without any record/info of an investigation by LE or other authority, and
---without a hearing
having taken place.

Not so briefly:

FL statute, as of 2019 (1997, m/h/bn different, but from legislative History notes, I can't tell)
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0741/Sections/0741.30.html Re your question re hearing:
"(4) Upon the filing of the petition, the court shall set a hearing to be held at the earliest possible time. The respondent shall be personally served with a copy of the petition, financial affidavit, Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act affidavit, if any, notice of hearing, and temporary injunction, if any, prior to the hearing.
(5)(a) If it appears to the court that an immediate and present danger of domestic violence exists, the court may grant a temporary injunction ex parte, pending a full hearing, and may grant such relief as the court deems proper, including an injunction:..." bbm
"c) Any such ex parte temporary injunction shall be effective for a fixed period not to exceed 15 days...." bbm More at link.

I had to take out two protection orders in the 90’s. I’m in a different state, but in my state your application for a protection order is reviewed when you submit it. If the court official doesn’t find a significant need for the order in what is submitted in the request it can be denied immediately - it doesn’t ever go before a judge.

Just watched, “Tiger King.” Midway through episode 3 or 4, Carole state’s that her missing husbands flight license was going to expire the day after he died!!!!! She just admitted knowing the date he died!!!!!! Tried to contact Hillsborough police tip line and dispatcher did not know what I was talking about and redirected me to place a tip online. I did not submit a tip online out of frustration and inconvenience. Feel free to submit tip if you would like!

His wife had him killed.. No doubt about that.. She slipped up about his pilots license.. Something very over looked by the police. Some one missed a big lead. She knew when they expired and he was gone the next day!

Then there is the forgery of his will.
I don't feel this investigation was done thoroughly at all. And for 23 years his family has suffered.. She is behind this 100%!

Joe is quilty of killing the cats!
But after watching every thing, this was a set up. She was also don't the same thing with the Cubs as Joe was and no one stopped her.... There are a lot of people involved in this tragedy over "Money". She's covered her tracks to this point, but i think her days are numbered... Forgive me if I'm not posting correctly. Still trying to find my way around.

I'm dizzy. I hadn't heard about those stories either. Broke her neck in not just one, but three places??? The only thing she hasn't done is died and come back to life.

Me too. It’s impossible to keep up. Carol is clearly a narcissist IMO. A common trait of narcissism is thinking you can outsmart everyone else. However, this is also usually the downfall of a narcissist.

All true. But if he flew off & crashed, there’d be a missing plane somewhere. Haven’t heard reports of that.

Also, family and close friends all say that
Joe is quilty of killing the cats!
But after watching every thing, this was a set up. She was also don't the same thing with the Cubs as Joe was and no one stopped her.... There are a lot of people involved in this tragedy over "Money". She's covered her tracks to this point, but i think her days are numbered... Forgive me if I'm not posting correctly. Still trying to find my way around.

Carol has also killed cats, but unlike Joe she isn’t facing any charges for their deaths. She claims their pelts are for “educational purposes”. But it seems Carol’s past is catching up to her, hopefully very soon. Maybe federal prosecutors will use the dead cats to sway the jury’s opinion of her in her eventual trial (hopefully) like they did in Joe’s. Of course, in addition to and because of the CB JL drama, there may be some federal prosecutors scrambling to cover their tracks.

Sorry @JudgeJoe, didn’t mean for this to be in reply to your post. Don’t know how this got linked to your post. Apologies.

Also, family and close friends all say that

Carol has also killed cats, but unlike Joe she isn’t facing any charges for their deaths. She claims their pelts are for “educational purposes”. But it seems Carol’s past is catching up to her, hopefully very soon. Maybe federal prosecutors will use the dead cats to sway the jury’s opinion of her in her eventual trial (hopefully) like they did in Joe’s. Of course, in addition to and because of the CB JL drama, there may be some federal prosecutors scrambling to cover their tracks.

Sorry @JudgeJoe, didn’t mean for this to be in reply to your post. Don’t know how this got linked to your post. Apologies.
I think your right, and i hope this catches up with her very soon.

The only issue i have about the industrial meat grinder is, it will not do anything with the bones.. It may chip and break but it's not a clean get away. So there had to be a back up plan to dispose of the bones.

The river would be a good place to dump them,, but they need the grinder and i think of they can find that.. which is gonna be hard... They will be able to tie her to his murder.

Cadaver dogs to search Carole Baskin's missing husband Don Lewis’ lake house, ex-detective says
Published 19 hours ago
The ex-homicide detective is leading a probe into Don Lewis' disappearance

The story of “Tiger King” star Joe Exotic and his hunch that his rival Carole Baskin had an alleged hand in the disappearance and presumed death of her husband Don Lewis was taken up a notch on Sunday night during an Investigation Discovery special centered on the unanswered question of what happened to the tiger breeder and amateur pilot.

[...]

:eek: Much to the fans' delight, the “Tiger King” star was sent home after performing a samba to the song “Circle of Life” from "The Lion King" during the show’s Disney Night. :confused:

In addition to being a terrible fake human being and (alleged) husband killer, she is also a really lousy dancer!

It's so exciting to see all the new activity in this case. JDL's family has been awaiting justice for so long. I can't imagine the anger and impotence they've felt witnessing CB go about her merry way, profiting from her evil deeds, and being lauded for saintly deeds all the while.

In addition to being a terrible fake human being and (alleged) husband killer, she is also a really lousy dancer!

It's so exciting to see all the new activity in this case. JDL's family has been awaiting justice for so long. I can't imagine the anger and impotence they've felt witnessing CB go about her merry way, profiting from her evil deeds, and being lauded for saintly deeds all the while.
And being celebrated as a premier animal rights activist & lawmaker. Nauseating!

Hi everyone. This is actually my first post here. I am Mike Turber and I am the Director of Photography for Investigation Discovery's | Joe Exotic series. I also assist in the investigation and I will try to help answer questions where I can if possible and if it will not interfere with a current investigation. I also hope to learn from each of you as we endeavor to find justice for the family.
I wanted to first thank everyone here for your desire to help in this search for what happened to Don. A family has lost their father and we want to help bring closure if we can.
I wanted to personally thank Trichia for her amazing work helping ID with this 3 part series.
Thank you!
I did make a quick animation to give you all a better idea of where things are. There has been some confusion about where the lakes are and hopefully, the video below will help put things in perspective.
There is a lot going on right now and it is extremely interesting to see the process of bringing justice to the family and for Don.
Thank you all!

Best Regards,
Mike Turber
5X5 NEWS
Director of Photography | ID

Hi everyone. This is actually my first post here. I am Mike Turber and I am the Director of Photography for Investigation Discovery's | Joe Exotic series. I also assist in the investigation and I will try to help answer questions where I can if possible and if it will not interfere with a current investigation. I also hope to learn from each of you as we endeavor to find justice for the family.
I wanted to first thank everyone here for your desire to help in this search for what happened to Don. A family has lost their father and we want to help bring closure if we can.
I wanted to personally thank Trichia for her amazing work helping ID with this 3 part series.
Thank you!
I did make a quick animation to give you all a better idea of where things are. There has been some confusion about where the lakes are and hopefully, the video below will help put things in perspective.
There is a lot going on right now and it is extremely interesting to see the process of bringing justice to the family and for Don.
Thank you all!

Best Regards,
Mike Turber
5X5 NEWS
Director of Photography | ID
Welcome to WS! Really appreciated the series. Three questions...

Do you think (or can you say) if you believe HCSO is taking the info you’ve dug up seriously & further investigating it?

When did filming begin? Just wanting to know how much time passed between the first interview, the lake search & air time.

Can we assume there will be more episodes after Jim Rathmann goes to Costa Rica?

Awesome work!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back