Identified! FL - Jackson Co., WhtFem UP1244, 18-25, found off I-10, Dec'84 - Deborah Pauline Bearden

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From NamUs

Estimated age Adult
Minimum age 18 years
Maximum age 25 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) , Estimated
Height (inches) 66, Estimated
Probable year of death 0 to 1984
Estimated postmortem interval 0 Months

Body conditions
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair color Blond/Strawberry
Large, sagging breasts

Tattoos: One small bee on the left breast, one red flower with green leaves on the left shoulder, one possible tulip leaf (cut downward along the center as if to avoid any possible identification if initials were present)

Wedding bands with engagement ring (costume jewelry) near the remains

Possibly Tammy Lynn Huston? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24328/

Circumstances Fit:
Tammy disappeared a month prior to the UID being found along I-10, after being forcibly removed from her residence in Jacksonville. It's likely that Tammy did not survive long after this abduction, so the time frame of a month would match. The distance is within reason straight down I-10, about 200 miles. This is far enough to disassociate the remains from her abduction, but close enough to drive there and back in one night. The suspect in her disappearance, Larry Butts, was found dead in Jacksonville five weeks after the abduction and a week after the UID's remains were located in Jackson County, FL.

Demographics Fit:
Tammy was a white female at 65", 160 lbs. The UID was a white female, estimated at 66" with large, sagging breasts. There is no mention of tattoos for Tammy, although the UID has several. Since the assailant cut the tattoo off of the victim, it is likely that the assailant could be tied back to the victim, i.e. a friend or family member.

The hair does not quite fit because the description of the victim says sandy/blonde/strawberry and Tammy's description says brown. However, the recreation of the UID shows short brown hair. The picture of Tammy shows short brown hair.

I sent an email to Carrie on a comparison of this UID with Tammy Lynn Huston, but never heard anything back. Anyone else have any opinions on this comparison?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No exclusions.

Original
Original

Original
Original
Original

Linda Carroll?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Linda Kay Carroll – The Charley Project
She had two children- which could explain "large or sagging breasts" at a young age.
She went missing from Crestview, FL- which is one county over from Jackson in Sept '84. I don't know where the UID was located exactly, but Crestview to parts of Jackson Co is a straight shot across the 10.
The story of Linda's disappearance is compelling. No notation of tattoos in either entry, so that could rule her out pretty quick. (Interesting that one of the UID tattoos was removed by her assailant. Makes one think that perhaps it could have identified her- like, perhaps, the names of children?)

Good to see you AnnieOakley!

AGREEd why one removed area an not any others.. possibility of a name that would limk to her ID

Noting I-10 is major interstate through this area. Additionally, Jackson County (and specifically the GPS map location in Namus case file of Marianna) is less than a 1/2 hour from both the borders of Alabama and Georgia.

upload_2022-3-4_16-38-7.png

With regards to her wearing costume jewelry, I'm assuming it is in respect to both the metal and the stones. She could have worn these either symbolically for her own reasons or to persuade others impressions that she was married. I guess what I'm saying is perhaps she may not have actually been married but wanted others to believe she was; not uncommon.

Pretty certain this is an article concerning her body discovery. Grand Ridge is identified in the article, also in Jackson County. (Also edited post to add additional article, same general info but note last sentence :( )
From newspapers.com, The Naples Daily, 23 Dec 1984, pg 9
The Miami Herald, 22 Dec 1984, pg 140

upload_2022-3-4_17-4-44.png upload_2022-3-4_17-13-31.png

I reached out to the assigned ME on this case and he said they had made a positive ID via fingerprint and they will be pulling it down from Namus soon. I'm not sure when they identification was made, but it did not sound like it was recent.

No word on the identity.

I reached out to the assigned ME on this case and he said they had made a positive ID via fingerprint and they will be pulling it down from Namus soon. I'm not sure when they identification was made, but it did not sound like it was recent.

No word on the identity.
Thanks for the update! The NamUs profile is now down :) I wonder if they'll be going public with the ID?
Just for my own interest, how did you get in contact with the ME, did you call or find an e-mail? I'm always looking for tips on how to communicate with LE and actually get info out of them :p

Thanks for the update! The NamUs profile is now down :) I wonder if they'll be going public with the ID?
Just for my own interest, how did you get in contact with the ME, did you call or find an e-mail? I'm always looking for tips on how to communicate with LE and actually get info out of them :p

I emailed the the ME contact in the description. Often those contacts are out of date, though.

It sounds like the Namus page was a loose end that was never updated.

She was identified in 2019 as Deborah Pauline Bearden, 29.

This case involved a nearly skeletal white female located along the side of the interstate in Jackson County on December 20, 1984. The deceased was initially believed to be 18-25 years of age. An investigator with the District 14 Medical Examiner’s Office contacted UDI for assistance in confirming the identity of the deceased. Initially identified by a fingerprint record located by the medical examiner’s office, the deceased had a criminal history which included multiple identities. UDI examined the criminal history and contacted numerous law enforcement agencies in Louisiana and Mississippi in a search for records to determine the subject’s true identity. Due to age- and weather-related disasters, no records existed. SCIA Rigsby contacted the state of Georgia Department of Vital Records (GDVR). GDVR produced a copy of a birth certificate related to one of the subject’s identities: Deborah Pauline Bearden, age 29 at the time of death. The birth certificate listed both parents for the deceased, although public records indicated that they were also both deceased. This information was provided to the investigator at the District 14 Medical Examiner’s Office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panchoept
Back