FL-Jacksonville, Multiple people, suspect dead in dollar store shooting.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sds71

Reaction score
A white man fatally shot three people inside a Jacksonville, Florida, Dollar General store on Saturday in a predominately Black neighborhood in an attack that the local sheriff called “racially motivated.” The shooter then killed himself.

“He hated black people,” Sheriff T.K. Waters told a news conference. “There is absolutely no evidence the shooter is part of any larger group.”

I saw part of the press conference where the sheriff mentioned the shooter had previous contact with law enforcement in 2016 for donestic disturbance AND in 2017 related to the Baker Act (I gathered that someone thought he posed a danger to himself or others and asked that he be involuntarily committed to a mental health facility for evaluation/treatment). I am curious to learn when the firearms used in the crime were purchased (after this time?) and by whom (presser said he lived with his parents).

Last edited:
<modsnip>

"This shooting was racially motivated, and he hated Black people," Jacksonville Sheriff T.K. Waters told a press conference.

The suspect, whom Waters described as a white male wearing a tactical vest, was not identified. Waters said all three victims - two men and a woman - were Black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Action News Jax has confirmed with sources and neighbors the identity of the suspect who took the lives of three Black residents at a Newtown Dollar General in a racially motivated mass shooting Saturday afternoon, as 21-year-old Oakleaf resident Ryan Palmeter.
I feel bad for his parents… IMO he was mentally unwell, they knew, they knew they shouldn’t have weapons in their home and they didn’t and this happened anyways…
It’s too easy to get indoctrinated online even into these crazy conspiracy theories.

Edited to add: I know there are 2 members showing as replying to and sorry, I couldn’t fix the formatting.

I’m wondering if he was working or anything… or had any social supports other than his parent’s? How did he develop a hate for other people?

I’m wondering if he was working or anything… or had any social supports other than his parent’s? How did he develop a hate for other people?

I’d be interested to know more of his history. Any crazy gun statements/actions before and such.
I’m only guessing that since the mental health commitment was when he was younger that he was able to get the weapons legally? Putting nazi emblems on guns or anything really could be a sign that something is off.

Paraphrased from the New York Times article linked here: The 11 Fatal Minutes in the Jacksonville Shooting

The shooter bought both the Glock handgun and AR-15 style rifle in April and June of this year.

The shooter's previous psychiatric evaluation apparently did not show up in the background checks available for gun dealers to review--possibly because, in 2017, he would have been a minor.

He murdered the first victim in a car outside the Dollar General, then went in the store and murdered another person, then ushered out white customers from the store before he returned and killed the final victim in the store.

There are a number of social media and messaging apps that cater to hate groups and where their propaganda and recruitment strategies take place. Even Youtube's algorithms can steer unbalanced and angry people down a path of radicalization since there are still a large number of neo-nazi content producers and "celebrities" for lack of a better word on that fairly mainstream platform. A lot of these groups celebrate acts like this and tell their followers that racist mass killers achieve sainthood. I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't radicalized online.

There are a number of social media and messaging apps that cater to hate groups and where their propaganda and recruitment strategies take place. Even Youtube's algorithms can steer unbalanced and angry people down a path of radicalization since there are still a large number of neo-nazi content producers and "celebrities" for lack of a better word on that fairly mainstream platform. A lot of these groups celebrate acts like this and tell their followers that racist mass killers achieve sainthood. I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't radicalized online.
This is one of the problems of everyone getting their info off computers. Apps figure out your wants and give you what you want and not the truth.

Paraphrased from the New York Times article linked here: The 11 Fatal Minutes in the Jacksonville Shooting

The shooter bought both the Glock handgun and AR-15 style rifle in April and June of this year.

The shooter's previous psychiatric evaluation apparently did not show up in the background checks available for gun dealers to review--possibly because, in 2017, he would have been a minor.

He murdered the first victim in a car outside the Dollar General, then went in the store and murdered another person, then ushered out white customers from the store before he returned and killed the final victim in the store.
I'm beginning to wonder if any background checks are available to view.

not behind a paywall at time of posting:
Jacksonville sheriff identifies shooter, 3 victims at Dollar General shooting
The first victim, Angela Michelle Carr, 52, was shot in her car, in a handicapped parking spot in front of the store. The killer shot 11 rounds into her car.

Anolt Joseph "A.J." Laguerre Jr., 19, worked at the Dollar General and was shot next. Witnesses inside fled out the rear door.

Jarrald De'Shawn Gallion, 29 was shot after entering the store with his girlfriend.

The shooter then texted his father from the store office. 11 minutes after the shootings began, arriving police entered the store, then heard a single gunshot. Police think the shooter killed himself then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back