FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Summary: Shanna met Jared, soon after moving to Jacksonville in 2009, married in 2010, divorced 2015.
Married MF in 2018.

I want to know HOW "they" know Shanna was planning revenge against Jared in 2015? What records do they have?

I wonder how extensive Shanna'a communication was with her mother and others in the family around the divorce and after?
And WHEN was the house in Washington purchased?

I remain bothered about the trip Shanna, MF and her parents had planned right after the murder of Jared.

Too much 'planning' and fishybusiness for me.

I would guess there were witnesses who overheard Shanna threatening to kill Jared in 2015. LE had plenty of time to accumulate evidence before the arrest. I want to know, though!

I would guess there were witnesses who overheard Shanna threatening to kill Jared in 2015. LE had plenty of time to accumulate evidence before the arrest. I want to know, though!

I want to know too. If threatening Jared in 2015--who knew?

If much planning went on behind the scenes-- buying the house in Washington, the 'happy' vacation with all the family witnesses after Jared is killed, even the marriage to MF. Orchestrated far in advance?

I just remain so concerned about the age old "When money talks, evil people walk".

Contentment, for me, will be when all four of the children can be together again.

Tuesday, Sept. 12th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022. *Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana (34/now 35) arrested (in Kissimmee, Orange County, 3/22/23) & charged & indicted (3/16/23) & arraigned (4/4/23) with 1st degree murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. In Orange County jail waiting for transfer to Jacksonville in Duval County. Transferred to Duval County on 3/22/23. Held without bond. Plead not guilty. DA will seek the DP.
Case & court info from 3/16/23 thru 6/12/23 reference post #837 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...jacksonville-beach-16-feb-2022.616204/page-42

6/20/23 Update: Fernandez had a routine pretrial hearing Tuesday and waived his right to a speedy trial. Meaning he will not be going to trial in September. They’re in the discovery review stages. Defense attorneys also filed a notice of death penalty qualifications for attorneys representing Fernandez. The state is only seeking the death penalty for Fernandez. Not for Henry Tenon, who pleaded guilty to second degree murder & for being the shooter in the ambush killing. Attorney Shannon Schott explains why the state is only pursuing Fernandez for the death penalty. “Even though there’s conspiracy charges--everybody is considered an individual in the prosecution. And their cases are separate in that sense,” Shott said. “One important thing I wanted to note is, and we don’t have this information yet, but one item of mitigation that might come out of Mr. Tenon’s case is his cognitive abilities. It’s likely that the state is looking at the facts and circumstances of this case, and known that Mr. Tenon did not do this on his own, and there was a puppet master pulling the strings.” Tenon agreed to testify against Fernandez. Both men now have court dates in July. Then the judge will check the status of the evidence. Fernandez next pretrial hearing on 7/11/23.
7/10/23: State's discovery exhibit & demand for reciprocal discovery. 7/11/23 Update: Presiding Judge London M. Kite. Asst. State attorney Christina Simak Stifler, attorney for defense Frank J. Tassone, Jr. Defendant present (in jail). Others present James Hill for Frank Tassone. The judge checked in with the attorneys’ status during Tuesday’s hearing. The defense said it was still reviewing discovery material provided by prosecutors. The judge set the next pretrial hearing date for 9am on 8/1/23.
7/31/23 Update: Pretrial hearing is rescheduled on 9/12/23 @ 9am.
*Henry Arthur Tenon (61/now 62) – Plead guilty (3/17/23) to 2nd degree murder & will testify against Saldana. Status hearing on 10/9/23.
*Shanna Gardner Fernandez (36) – Indicted & arrested (8/17/23 in Wash. State) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit murder & child abuse. DA will seek the death penalty. Hearing in Washington on 9/14/23.

For the first time since his wife’s arrest in the Jared Bridegan murder conspiracy, the man accused of plotting with his wife to kill her ex-husband will appear in court today.

Updated: September 12, 2023 at 9:34 AM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – For the first time since his wife’s arrest in what investigators say was a murder conspiracy to kill her ex-husband, the man accused of orchestrating the death of Jared Bridegan appeared in court Tuesday. [...]

Fernandez has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him. [...]

Judge London Kite said the case is currently in limbo and she won’t bring Fernandez back to court until the co-defendant, Gardner-Fernandez, is in this jurisdiction. [...]

Last edited:
For the first time since his wife’s arrest in the Jared Bridegan murder conspiracy, the man accused of plotting with his wife to kill her ex-husband will appear in court today.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – For the first time since his wife’s arrest in what investigators say was a murder conspiracy to kill her ex-husband, the man accused of orchestrating the death of Jared Bridegan appeared in court Tuesday. [...]

Judge London Kite said the case is currently in limbo and she won’t bring Fernandez back to court until the co-defendant, Gardner-Fernandez, is in this jurisdiction. [...]
IIRC this isn’t the first time he’s been in court?

plus this from the article - where I will put him next.

The judge in Fernandez’s hearing on Tuesday set a tentative date of Oct. 2 for the next pre-trial hearing but said she would adjust that if Gardner-Fernandez is not yet in Duval County.

Judge London Kite said the case is currently in limbo and she won’t bring Fernandez back to court until the co-defendant, Gardner-Fernandez, is in this jurisdiction.

plus this from the article - where I will put him next.

The judge in Fernandez’s hearing on Tuesday set a tentative date of Oct. 2 for the next pre-trial hearing but said she would adjust that if Gardner-Fernandez is not yet in Duval County.

Judge London Kite said the case is currently in limbo and she won’t bring Fernandez back to court until the co-defendant, Gardner-Fernandez, is in this jurisdiction.
Interesting. Why would this be?

Interesting. Why would this be?

Ianal, but could he be cutting a deal for himself but prosecution/the court won't move forward until she's also in their jurisdiction?

Could it have anything to do with marital privilege re: not having to testify against a spouse (which they were at the time of the murder)?

I have no real idea and am just speculating. So IMO and MOO.

Ianal, but could he be cutting a deal for himself but prosecution/the court won't move forward until she's also in their jurisdiction?

Could it have anything to do with marital privilege re: not having to testify against a spouse (which they were at the time of the murder)?

I have no real idea and am just speculating. So IMO and MOO.
Since they are charged with child abuse, they cannot claim spousal privilege.

Thursday, Sept. 14th:
*Review Hearing (@ am ET) - FL - Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022. – *Shanna Lee Gardner-Fernandez (36) indicted & arrested (8/17/23 by ATF agents in West Richland, Wash.) & first appearance (8/18/23 in Benton County WA) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. DA will seek the DP. Will fight extradition. Held without bail on Fugitive warrant (in Benton County, WA).
8/17/23 Update: Jared Bridegan’s ex-wife has been charged in his February 2022 murder, State Attorney Melissa Nelson announced Thursday. The State Attorney’s Office said it would announce “a significant development” in the investigation. That development was the arrest of Shanna Gardner Fernandez. Gardner Fernandez is facing charges of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit murder & child abuse. She was arrested by ATF agents in West Richland, Washington & will be extradited to Duval County, Nelson said. She said prosecutors will seek the death penalty against her as well as having already advised they are doing with her co-defendant husband, Mario Fernandez Saldana. A grand jury handed down a first-degree murder indictment Thursday morning.
8/18/23 Update: Gardner makes her initial appearance in Benton County Superior Court Friday afternoon after police & federal agents arrested at her house in the 4700 block of Laurel Drive in West Richland. Florida investigators say. Accused ex-husband killer Gardner does not waive extradition, hearing on her arrest coming, held without bail. She does have the right to challenge her detention & demand a warrant from the Florida’s governor’s office. Deputy Prosecutor Josh Lily said they’ve already been in contact with the prosecutor’s office in Duval County & are working on getting the warrant. A review hearing in Benton County was set for 9/14/23.
*Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana (34) – Pretrial hearing on 10/2/23.
*Henry Arthur Tenon (61/now 62) – Plead guilty (3/17/23) to 2nd degree murder & will testify against Saldana. Status hearing on 10/9/23.

Update: Gardner makes her initial appearance in Benton County Superior Court Friday afternoon after police & federal agents arrested at her house in the 4700 block of Laurel Drive in West Richland. Florida investigators say. Accused ex-husband killer Gardner does not waive extradition, hearing on her arrest coming, held without bail. She does have the right to challenge her detention & demand a warrant from the Florida’s governor’s office. Deputy Prosecutor Josh Lily said they’ve already been in contact with the prosecutor’s office in Duval County & are working on getting the warrant. A review hearing in Benton County was set for 9/14/23

RE: Shanna

She does not waive extradition and is held without bail! Yes! She'll be behind bars in Florida soon so Justice for Jared can begin.

Sounds like the shooter, who's testifying against Mario, may have attempted to murder BB so it's good that they're also criminally charged with felony child abuse over BB witnessing the permanent and ultimate loss of a loving father. #MakeItRain

JMHO

RE: Shanna

She does not waive extradition and is held without bail! Yes! She'll be behind bars in Florida soon so Justice for Jared can begin.

Sounds like the shooter, who's testifying against Mario, may have attempted to murder BB so it's good that they're also criminally charged with felony child abuse over BB witnessing the permanent and ultimate loss of a loving father. #MakeItRain

JMHO

The hearing has not started yet - it is only like 4:30am on the Pacific coast. Did she waive her extradition before this hearing - do you have a link maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back