FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family said the little girl almost always rode with him. This is per their Instagram page they have set up to find Jared’s killer.

Could you link to the Insta post? I couldn't find it. Thanks!

So if the killer knew the daughter usually went with Jared, it seems the killer was either super confident in their shooting ability and/or hated Jared so much that they wanted him dead even if there were "collateral damage."

Anyone with shooting experience know anything about shooting with a scope? I'm thinking the killer was a good distance away in the bushes waiting with a scope and Jared never saw them. I also wonder how "safe" it is to target one person with another person nearby -- how much does using a scope, for example, help decrease the risk of missing your target?

So if the killer knew the daughter usually went with Jared, it seems the killer was either super confident in their shooting ability and/or hated Jared so much that they wanted him dead even if there were "collateral damage."

Anyone with shooting experience know anything about shooting with a scope? I'm thinking the killer was a good distance away in the bushes waiting with a scope and Jared never saw them. I also wonder how "safe" it is to target one person with another person nearby -- how much does using a scope, for example, help decrease the risk of missing your target?

I thought the report indicated close range? Either way, someone with a long gun could safely take a shot with some distance. A more experienced shooter with a handgun could probably do it as well.

I guess there hasn't been any info released about trajectory/angle, if they think the shooter was in the road near JB or off to the side (possibly passenger side, along treeline), etc...?

I am also curious what footage they have of the truck other than the few clips they released.

I wonder if it would help generate leads if the put up some billboards with the clearest truck photos they have, along with the reward info. Might reach a much wider audience....

MOO.

I guess there hasn't been any info released about trajectory/angle, if they think the shooter was in the road near JB or off to the side (possibly passenger side, along treeline), etc...?

I am also curious what footage they have of the truck other than the few clips they released.

I wonder if it would help generate leads if the put up some billboards with the clearest truck photos they have, along with the reward info. Might reach a much wider audience....

MOO.

Nothing on trajectory, but one of the video statements from LE noted that it was 'very close range" and that casings from a handgun were also at located in the roadway close to the drivers door.

Nothing on trajectory, but one of the video statements from LE noted that it was 'very close range" and that casings from a handgun were also at located in the roadway close to the drivers door.

Whoa, so does that indicate unequivocally that the shooter was in the street at the time of the shooting? That's really bold. I had been picturing the shooter hiding in the trees/bushes on one or the other side of the blvd (depending on the getaway route). ETA: Judging from the video with the gunshots, it sounds like all 3 shots had to have been taken from approximately the same location.

Login • Instagram

Whoa, so does that indicate unequivocally that the shooter was in the street at the time of the shooting? That's really bold. I had been picturing the shooter hiding in the trees/bushes on one or the other side of the blvd (depending on the getaway route). ETA: Judging from the video with the gunshots, it sounds like all 3 shots had to have been taken from approximately the same location.
Can you link the video?

Can you link the video?
The gunshots can be heard starting around 1:31 into the Inside Edition video.

The link you provided was to the Instagram home page but not to a specific post -- do you know what post it was where the wife stated Jared normally took his toddler along to the Wed dinners?

Edited to add:
Found a video from Fox News where Jared's wife states around 3:12 minutes into interview, "Because this is a regular event when he goes to see the twins...he's usually home before 8:30pm, especially because our daughter is with him and she needs to go to bed."

Last edited:
Not relevant, necessarily but the names of his kids are definitely split. <modsnip>
I agree that whoever killed him knew him. Beyond that, I don't think his ex would be involved, because even if she was greedy, he was young and worth more alive than dead. Plus, his ex would not likely have life insurance on him. The kids might have been beneficiaries, though, which would indirectly make her a beneficiary.

I know it was snipped, but can you explain what your comment meant "the names of his kids are definitely split"?? I don't understand.

The gunshots can be heard starting around 1:31 into the Inside Edition video.

The link you provided was to the Instagram home page but not to a specific post -- do you know what post it was where the wife stated Jared normally took his toddler along to the Wed dinners?

Edited to add:
Found a video from Fox News where Jared's wife states around 3:12 minutes into interview, "Because this is a regular event when he goes to see the twins...he's usually home before 8:30pm, especially because our daughter is with him and she needs to go to bed."
i might be missing context, but i feel like she was saying visiting the twins was a regular occurance, and that she knew something was wromg THIS date because he had 2 year old w him and she would need to go to bed. not necessarily that the 2 yr old is regularly with him. but i also couldnt find the reference on the insta. i could be wrong.

i might be missing context, but i feel like she was saying visiting the twins was a regular occurance, and that she knew something was wromg THIS date because he had 2 year old w him and she would need to go to bed. not necessarily that the 2 yr old is regularly with him. but i also couldnt find the reference on the insta. i could be wrong.

No, I listened to the whole interview and the context doesn't change anything. It was definitely implied that the 2-yr-old usually attended the dinners. She said: "...he's usually home before 8:30pm, especially because our daughter is with him and she needs to go to bed." It would have been more open to interpretation had she only referred to this one instance by switching tenses: "...because our daughter was with him and she needed to go to bed."

No, I listened to the whole interview and the context doesn't change anything. It was definitely implied that the 2-yr-old usually attended the dinners. She said: "...he's usually home before 8:30pm, especially because our daughter is with him and she needs to go to bed." It would have been more open to interpretation had she only referred to this one instance by switching tenses: "...because our daughter was with him and she needed to go to bed."
yes i realized that with a subsequent post that i was able to find that part. thanks!

I've looked at all the videos on the Justice for Jared Instagram page and it's clear Jared was a wonderful father and a jack of all trades. Not only did he have a great job at Microsoft, but he also was very handy around the house and even built a very professional-looking playhouse in the backyard for the kids. There's also videos of him teaching his kids how to use his tools and working on construction projects with them. It's possible someone was very jealous as he was clearly a very talented & beloved husband and father.

After his divorce he married a woman who clearly adored him and with whom he had two more babies. Jared's wife has said in interviews that the twins were an integral part of their family and she loved them very much. We also know they shared 50/50 custody of the kids. Pair that with the videos Jared's wife recorded with Jared & the kids and it appears they were a happy & loving family. Perhaps the killer wanted to make sure Jared's twins were never again around Jared's wife. With Jared dead, and pardon the pun, but they kill two birds with one stone.

So far, with the info provided, this is the only motive I can think of. Yes, it's the most obvious one, but it's also the most likely one. This is nothing new; just hoping to get more eyes on this case.

I've looked at all the videos on the Justice for Jared Instagram page and it's clear Jared was a wonderful father and a jack of all trades. Not only did he have a great job at Microsoft, but he also was very handy around the house and even built a very professional-looking playhouse in the backyard for the kids. There's also videos of him teaching his kids how to use his tools and working on construction projects with them. It's possible someone was very jealous as he was clearly a very talented & beloved husband and father.

After his divorce he married a woman who clearly adored him and with whom he had two more babies. Jared's wife has said in interviews that the twins were an integral part of their family and she loved them very much. We also know they shared 50/50 custody of the kids. Pair that with the videos Jared's wife recorded with Jared & the kids and it appears they were a happy & loving family. Perhaps the killer wanted to make sure Jared's twins were never again around Jared's wife. With Jared dead, and pardon the pun, but they kill two birds with one stone.

So far, with the info provided, this is the only motive I can think of. Yes, it's the most obvious one, but it's also the most likely one. This is nothing new; just hoping to get more eyes on this case.
I think that's a good guess but I can also see where the ex maybe didn't want to share control of the twins. I can see where she wanted to be the sole influence and decision maker for them.

Were the released videos of the pickup time stamped? We know the locations.
There were no time stamps on the videos at the News4Jax story. They reported: "On February 16, between 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., the truck shown in the videos was in the Jacksonville Beach area." About all you can tell is it was dark/early evening based on the lighting and the number of pedestrians. The Jax Beach PD was the source of the videos.
Jacksonville Beach police release new videos in murder investigation

Gray Hughes implied in his youtube analysis that the truck was returning from the crime scene when captured on the videos, but I don't know what he bases that speculation on.

I agree with the opinion posted earlier that the JBPD probably has other videos not shared with the public or MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak