FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A police report obtained by DailyMail.com shortly after Shanna [ex-wife] and Fernandez [ex's new husband] married shows that he was the subject of an investigation into animal cruelty resulting in death.

A source who spoke to DailyMail.com on condition of anonymity explained that Mario Fernandez was accused of shooting and killing a local cat with a BB gun.

According to the report the cat's owners took it to the vet where BB gun pellets were found in its leg and abdomen.

The source said that people in the neighborhood were 'scared' of Fernandez. They said, 'Mario was always having run-ins with people who fed the local strays.
He was always threatening to kill them [the cats], and he had a BB gun with a scope that he said he would use on them.'

When the officer told him that would be considered 'animal cruelty' Fernandez stated, 'if it did not get better soon, he would take more 'extreme actions.' The police officer noted he seemed 'very aggravated' during the conversation.

Source

This sounds like a very angry and violent person. IMO, those who engage in animal cruelty also are more likely to commit homicide. This person has a history of shooting and killing at least one animal and showing a very short temper. He couldn't even contain his rage when speaking with the police officer, and he had a BB gun with a scope! I wonder what other weapons he and his wife have.

This looks very bad.

This case is making me feel physically sick because to me it seems clear who committed the crime, and I just want the perps arrested and convicted and sent to jail forever. By all accounts, Jared was a wonderful man & father who was embroiled in what appeared to be a horrible 1st marriage with an abusive woman. And now Jared is dead while the abuser is happily doing cartwheels in the park where Jared's vigil was held.
My thoughts are very similar.

A police report obtained by DailyMail.com shortly after Shanna [ex-wife] and Fernandez [ex's new husband] married shows that he was the subject of an investigation into animal cruelty resulting in death.

A source who spoke to DailyMail.com on condition of anonymity explained that Mario Fernandez was accused of shooting and killing a local cat with a BB gun.

According to the report the cat's owners took it to the vet where BB gun pellets were found in its leg and abdomen.

The source said that people in the neighborhood were 'scared' of Fernandez. They said, 'Mario was always having run-ins with people who fed the local strays.
He was always threatening to kill them [the cats], and he had a BB gun with a scope that he said he would use on them.'

When the officer told him that would be considered 'animal cruelty' Fernandez stated, 'if it did not get better soon, he would take more 'extreme actions.' The police officer noted he seemed 'very aggravated' during the conversation.

Source

This sounds like a very angry and violent person. IMO, those who engage in animal cruelty also are more likely to commit homicide. This person has a history of shooting and killing at least one animal and showing a very short temper. He couldn't even contain his rage when speaking with the police officer, and he had a BB gun with a scope! I wonder what other weapons he and his wife have.

This looks very bad.

This case is making me feel physically sick because to me it seems clear who committed the crime, and I just want the perps arrested and convicted and sent to jail forever. By all accounts, Jared was a wonderful man & father who was embroiled in what appeared to be a horrible 1st marriage with an abusive woman. And now Jared is dead while the abuser is happily doing cartwheels in the park where Jared's vigil was held.

This also shows Fernandez feels he is above the law. The officer told him it was considered animal cruelty and his response was to threaten to do something even more extreme.

More evidence of his attitude towards the law is in this snippet from the same article.

"Ultimately Fernandez was not prosecuted as police attempts to follow up with him were unsuccessful."

Source

This looks very bad.

I agree with everything you said.

Source

This looks very bad.

Also in the source article that is very telling...
"Police have stated that they believe Bridegan was targeted by somebody familiar with his routine and habit of driving that route home. The shooting itself took place in a surveillance camera black spot – out of sight of the numerous nearby homes with cameras and ring doorbells."

Jacksonville Beach police release new videos in murder investigation
I'm wondering about the "tire". Are there pictures or a detailed description of it? Was it a tire mounted on a wheel? In these videos you can see the truck that they're interested in has a mismatched right front wheel. Maybe the crime scene tire/wheel matches this truck's style? If a hired killer left such an obvious piece of evidence behind, that would be pretty sloppy.

Also, is it known whether Jared's wallet and phone were recovered? If so, a random robbery would seem less likely. MOO

Thank you for these videos. These are clearly neighborhood spots. Has a sleuther made a map/timeline of where the videos were captured?

Also in the source article that is very telling...
"Police have stated that they believe Bridegan was targeted by somebody familiar with his routine and habit of driving that route home. The shooting itself took place in a surveillance camera black spot – out of sight of the numerous nearby homes with cameras and ring doorbells."

BBM
This makes it sound as if the person mapped this out ahead of time and knew exactly which homes had surveillance cameras and which did not. In order to know that, one would had to have traversed this street before. Hopefully anyone with Ring cameras or similar were asked for footage in the days leading up to this crime before the footage was taped over or deleted. I'd be looking for anyone walking down the street appearing to check out the homes or driving slowly MOO.

If you’re already well-versed on this case, I think the most important part of this video is 1:00:00 to about 1:10:00. In those ten minutes he proves where the truck surveillance cameras were at, and points out why it is quite interesting where the truck was seen.

The other interesting points this guy makes are early in the video (not sure the time stamp, I’ll update if i have time to go look), but maybe somewhere around 30:00 to 45:00 he maps out exactly where Jared’s car was based on news footage of the car with the blinking lights from that night and it’s right by a traffic sign. He shows why this is interesting because the location where he stopped creates a perfect shot across both one-way roads and then you can cross 4 feet of grass (no longer wooded) and be on a new street to get out of there.

Lastly I think he makes a lot of interesting comments about the current-wife’s interviews and how you can tell that she does have someone in mind who could have been capable of this. He shows where the park is that the vigil was held at and I think he makes a lot of interesting points about that.

2:50:00-3:10:00 he makes some interesting points about how this could have looked in practice when it was done, discusses where he thinks a lookout would have been to give the killer time to put the tire in the road.

Thank you for these videos. These are clearly neighborhood spots. Has a sleuther made a map/timeline of where the videos were captured?
Gray Hughes did a great job of tracking these down. At least two were on Shetter Ave., in front of and near the Police Dept. This is several blocks east of, and much closer to, the ex's house, and 1-2 miles northeast of the homicide site.
The shooting itself took place in a surveillance camera black spot – out of sight of the numerous nearby homes with cameras and ring doorbells.
I think they just got lucky. If they had parked around the corner, for example, along Sanctuary Parkway, it would be along fences on the side or in back of adjacent homes, somewhere less likely for ring doorbell cameras to be located.

Look at the map from Gray Hughes showing where the released surveillance footage of the truck was from. You can watch his video from 1:00:00 to 1:00:10 for proof of the location of those videos. This also shows Jared’s route from ex’s house to shooting location in red. Green is Gray Hughe’s guess for the route of the truck from the shooting to where it is seen on surveillance. You can see three yellow pins for the surveillance cameras that had the truck on video. The other yellow pin that is slightly to the left and down from the surveillance video pins is the ex’s home.

How do you guys suppose the truck came to their attention on those surveillance videos so far from the crime scene? I think it’s possible that someone (a neighbor or their ring) saw the truck pull in at it’s destination after the shooting and so they traced it back around the corner. Also possible if the car was parked on the street immediately to the right of the one way streets of the crime scene that a ring camera couldn’t see all the way across to the shooting but caught the truck on its way out (if they parked where Gray thinks they might have - see his video from 45:00 to 55:00 and 2:58:00 to 3:10:00 for this information). If the person ran through there, which does seem like a good getaway, then the person or truck would have to be on some ring cameras on those streets, right? Very possible police haven’t released all the video they had of the truck. Curious if they intentionally selected only certain surveillance footage of the truck so that the locations would be recognized by potential suspects as being closer to their stomping grounds than they were to the crime scene. May have been intentionally to make them nervous.

I recommend everyone watch Gray Hughes’ video. He has a lot of interesting insights. Most relevant spots are the time stamps I’ve mentioned above (45:00-55:00, 1:00:00-1:10:00, 2:58:00-3:10:00) but he has really interesting points scattered throughout.

Last edited:
Edit to remove repeat post.

Look at the map from Gray Hughes showing where the released surveillance footage of the truck was from. You can watch his video from 1:00:00 to 1:00:10 for proof of the location of those videos. This also shows Jared’s route from ex’s house to shooting location in red. Green is Gray Hughe’s guess for the route of the truck from the shooting to where it is seen on surveillance. You can see three yellow pins for the surveillance cameras that had the truck on video. The other yellow pin that is slightly to the left and down from the surveillance video pins is the ex’s home.

How do you guys suppose the truck came to their attention on those surveillance videos so far from the crime scene? I think it’s possible that someone (a neighbor or their ring) saw the truck pull in at it’s destination after the shooting and so they traced it back around the corner. Also possible if the car was parked on the street immediately to the right of the one way streets of the crime scene that a ring camera couldn’t see all the way across to the shooting but caught the truck on its way out (if they parked where Gray thinks they might have - see his video from 45:00 to 55:00 and 2:58:00 to 3:10:00 for this information). If the person ran through there, which does seem like a good getaway, then the person or truck would have to be on some ring cameras on those streets, right? Very possible police haven’t released all the video they had of the truck. Curious if they intentionally selected only certain surveillance footage of the truck so that the locations would be recognized by potential suspects as being closer to their stomping grounds than they were to the crime scene. May have been intentionally to make them nervous.

I recommend everyone watch Gray Hughes’ video. He has a lot of interesting insights. Most relevant spots are the time stamps I’ve mentioned above (45:00-55:00, 1:00:00-1:10:00, 2:58:00-3:10:00) but he has really interesting points scattered throughout.

You think someone saw them return to a destination? I think it is likely that they found this truck on camera very near the area (making an exit of the neighborhood) at the same time (or close enough) to the shots fired timestamp. I also like Grey's advice to look back for dry run videos. They may have done that and seen the truck in prior day's camera footage.

~~BBM~~

Agree! I was thinking the exact same thing about what surveillance footage was released and why. I believe they have more video of the truck closer to the murder scene and were able to track it to Shetter Ave.

I wonder what, if any, they have after the Shetter Ave. footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak