FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdered Microsoft exec's widow says he was targeted and shot multiple times | Daily Mail Online

"The grief-stricken widow of a Microsoft executive who was gunned down in the middle of the road in February in an unexplained murder has revealed to DailyMail.com that he was shot multiple times in a targeted, assassination-style killing.
..."
from the link - "The twins did not attend their father's funeral with the rest of his family. Instead, they had a memorial for him with their mother in Jacksonville Beach, which she posted about on Instagram. "

waoooooo

That last sentence tho..... heartbreaking.

Florida mom wants answers after Microsoft exec husband gunned down in front of 2-year-old (msn.com)

Snip:
Jared was from Jacksonville and graduated from the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts before earning his college degree at Utah Valley University.

He was working as a manager of user experience at Microsoft when he was killed. Kirsten had also worked for the software giant as an account manager but quit a few months ago to become a full-time mom.

"He was a good neighbor, a good friend, a good colleague," Kirsten said. "He was a very loved man."

Kirsten declined to discuss Jared’s relationship with his ex-wife, but a source told Fox News that it was strained. Though invited, Jared’s twins from his prior marriage did not attend their father’s funeral. His ex-wife couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Snip:
Kirsten said the shocking murder has taken the greatest toll on Bexley.

"She talks about the sound a lot. She says, ‘I had to cover my ears,’" Kirsten said. "When she talks about what happened she calls it 'The boom.’ She says, ‘Boom! Boom! Boom! Daddy on the ground.’"

Kirsten said that Bexley asks about her dad a lot but she also misses her older siblings who she has barely seen since the slaying. "I miss them too," said Kirsten. "We didn’t just lose Jared, we lost our family structure."

Every night, Bexley sleeps with a blanket her dad gave her. Kirsten was tucking her in, and she asked if God has blankets. "I asked her why, and she said, ‘I want daddy to have a blanket in heaven.'"

RED FLAGS

The one I found more interesting was "MOTION TO APPOINT SOCIAL INVESTIGATOR PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 61.20."

"A social investigation and study, when ordered by the court, shall be conducted by qualified staff of the court; a child-placing agency licensed pursuant to s. 409.175; a psychologist licensed pursuant to chapter 490; or a clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, or mental health counselor licensed pursuant to chapter 491." S
sounds like a GAL or minor counsel.

Jacksonville Beach police release new videos in murder investigation
I'm wondering about the "tire". Are there pictures or a detailed description of it? Was it a tire mounted on a wheel? In these videos you can see the truck that they're interested in has a mismatched right front wheel. Maybe the crime scene tire/wheel matches this truck's style? If a hired killer left such an obvious piece of evidence behind, that would be pretty sloppy.

Also, is it known whether Jared's wallet and phone were recovered? If so, a random robbery would seem less likely. MOO

I seen one pic of the tire I think. I’ve wondered about getting DNA from the tire. You are correct, if it came from the murderers vehicle that would be nice. And dumb on their part.
View attachment 340703
This photo is from Jacksonville Beach police's FB page, early on in the case.

To my untrained eye it does look like the tires on the suspected Ford truck.

I don’t know the exact lug arrangement for Ford but I agree, that looks like the same profile of wheel.

I don’t know the exact lug arrangement for Ford but I agree, that looks like the same profile of wheel.
snipped for clarity
I am in agreement with you and @Via Marple. It looks similar to the Ford wheels. The sidewalls look pretty roughed up, as if it were driven flat over an obstacle or for some distance.

In my limited experience, Ford F series truck tires are not easy to change. The weight of the wheel/tire, the weight of the vehicle, plus its height, make it more challenging and dangerous to do than with the average sedan. Ford typically includes a modest tire jack. When I faced this task, I preferred calling someone with a proper heavy duty jack. But we don't know if the wheel was changed at that location, or if it just happened to be available as a handy prop.

snipped for clarity
I am in agreement with you and @Via Marple. It looks similar to the Ford wheels. The sidewalls look pretty roughed up, as if it were driven flat over an obstacle or for some distance.

In my limited experience, Ford F series truck tires are not easy to change. The weight of the wheel/tire, the weight of the vehicle, plus its height, make it more challenging and dangerous to do than with the average sedan. Ford typically includes a modest tire jack. When I faced this task, I preferred calling someone with a proper heavy duty jack. But we don't know if the wheel was changed at that location, or if it just happened to be available as a handy prop.

I can’t bring pics due to file size but I just randomly searched for 05 F150s and some of the rims that I seen in the images were spot on to the one pictured above. Could the shooter have been crazy enough to use a tire from that truck? Maybe they swiped the truck? I don’t know.

View attachment 340703
This photo is from Jacksonville Beach police's FB page, early on in the case.

To my untrained eye it does look like the tires on the suspected Ford truck.

This wheel found at the scene indeed looks identical to the wheels on the “example” truck provided on the flyer by the police. Also, this link has a video of the surveillance footage of the truck that night in the area. The last video shows the passenger side and it definitely looks like the front right wheel is different than the rest of them.

How detailed does DMV car registration info get? Would it have a field for a secondary car color? How many of these trucks from 4 years of production with this unique trim package/color combo could be in Florida? In the same county? (I say 4 years because the flyer said police believe it is from 2004-2008). Did police called all local body shops/Ford dealers to look for any trucks with this description that came in for body work or a wheel repair/replacement? I’m again going to suggest the family hire a private investigator. If you’re driving this thing around I bet you don’t wait one day before trying to get a replacement wheel. I have no idea if the wheels vary by year? If this was a wheel from older models but not used on more recent models it probably would have been ordered rather than being on hand. Either way, I guarantee they bought a new wheel for that truck that week.

PIs have access to DMV databases. If I were a PI, I’d run the search myself. Do we have any PIs on here willing to at least run the report for that truck in Florida and provide it to the family who can then use it to do the legwork themselves and see if any names stick out as being associated with Jared or anyone he knew?

Last edited:
The Daily Mail obtained the divorce documents and detail some of the filings in their article.

"Meanwhile the litigation between Shanna and Bridegan dragged on through the years, with the language in the filings becomes increasingly hostile and the allegations ever more outlandish.

While Bridegan and his new wife Kirsten were, by all accounts, building a family, Shanna was alleging that Bridegan was guilty of, 'disturbing and abusive behavior' towards their children.

In a court filing in 2020 she claimed he had been 'regularly interrogating the minor children and recording their statements.' She stated, 'It also appears that the Father is actively coaching the children what to say… [and is] now threatening to use these coached recorded statements against the mother."
~snip~

"Shanna Fernandez ultimately lost her action calling for sanctions against Bridegan and, in only a handful of months, an even more 'shocking turn of events' took place when Bridegan's death drew a very firm line under years of constant and increasingly hostile litigation. The recording of his death is the last entry on the lengthy docket."
~snip~

Ex-wife of murdered Microsoft exec flashes an 'I'm fine. Everything is fine' shirt | Daily Mail Online

Any locals here? What is the random crime in the area? Like is it common for a wheel to be placed in a hidden/treed road in an isolated middle class area for a murderous ambush and the perpetrators buck out with nothing?

For LE to release photos of the blue Ford 150 tells me they are toying with the perpetrators.

It’s been 2 months and I’m sure LE knows full well what happened.

Jax local. A crime like this is not common at all in that area.

I’ve seen a few post here about the distance Jared lived from the ex-wife. He may have a St. Augustine address, but there is quite a bit of residential build up in northern St. John’s County that borders the Duval County line. Literally giving you access to Ponte Vedra/Jax beach within ten minutes. Jax local and just wanted to throw that out there. MOO

I’ve seen a few post here about the distance Jared lived from the ex-wife. He may have a St. Augustine address, but there is quite a bit of residential build up in northern St. John’s County that borders the Duval County line. Literally giving you access to Ponte Vedra/Jax beach within ten minutes. Jax local and just wanted to throw that out there. MOO

I’m glad to have locals that know the area well here. I’m familiar only thru the music history but never been there.

A police report obtained by DailyMail.com shortly after Shanna [ex-wife] and Fernandez [ex's new husband] married shows that he was the subject of an investigation into animal cruelty resulting in death.

A source who spoke to DailyMail.com on condition of anonymity explained that Mario Fernandez was accused of shooting and killing a local cat with a BB gun.

According to the report the cat's owners took it to the vet where BB gun pellets were found in its leg and abdomen.

The source said that people in the neighborhood were 'scared' of Fernandez. They said, 'Mario was always having run-ins with people who fed the local strays.
He was always threatening to kill them [the cats], and he had a BB gun with a scope that he said he would use on them.'

When the officer told him that would be considered 'animal cruelty' Fernandez stated, 'if it did not get better soon, he would take more 'extreme actions.' The police officer noted he seemed 'very aggravated' during the conversation.

Source

This sounds like a very angry and violent person. IMO, those who engage in animal cruelty also are more likely to commit homicide. This person has a history of shooting and killing at least one animal and showing a very short temper. He couldn't even contain his rage when speaking with the police officer, and he had a BB gun with a scope! I wonder what other weapons he and his wife have.

This looks very bad.

This case is making me feel physically sick because to me it seems clear who committed the crime, and I just want the perps arrested and convicted and sent to jail forever. By all accounts, Jared was a wonderful man & father who was embroiled in what appeared to be a horrible 1st marriage with an abusive woman. And now Jared is dead while the abuser is happily doing cartwheels in the park where Jared's vigil was held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove