FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know several have mentioned someone knew his route. I agree. But isn't it interesting that it happened after he dropped off the twins with his ex-wife? I guess that could be a coincidence but it doesn't sound too good. Very heartbreaking.

I know several have mentioned someone knew his route. I agree. But isn't it interesting that it happened after he dropped off the twins with his ex-wife? I guess that could be a coincidence but it doesn't sound too good. Very heartbreaking.

Someone who knew his Wednesday dinner routine with the twins is likely involved in the murder.

Someone who knew his Wednesday dinner routine with the twins is likely involved in the murder.

It seems very intentional tho a random act isn’t completely out. I seen that video that news4jax did with his current wife, which includes clips from the crime scene, and they speak to a lady from LE who seems to stress that “progress is being made” so I’m reading that as a good sign.

I know that many, or most here, seem to think this was not random and was done by someone very close to the situation, and we are probably all thinking the same person. I do too, honestly. But would someone close to the ex-wife really be stupid enough to do it two miles from her house at the very time it was easily established that Jared had just left her house? Is it possible that it was NOT someone close to the ex, that picked that time and location because they assumed it would throw suspicion in the ex'es direction?

I seen that on a true crime show somewhere and you are correct I believe. It seems the unsolved was near an interstate or bypass and this officer drove onto the exit and something was in the road. In Kentucky maybe?
It’s the ambush of Jason Ellis in Bardstown, KY. This is the first thing I thought of as well.

Seems my link above to the divorce and custody records has some issues. Here is a better link. Search by name = Bridegan or case# DR15-0307. If it asks, make sure to say you're not a robot or it won't work. :)

OMG I’ve never seen a divorce case w so many issues and so many, many, many entries. Holy lord it goes on forever!

I know that many, or most here, seem to think this was not random and was done by someone very close to the situation, and we are probably all thinking the same person. I do too, honestly. But would someone close to the ex-wife really be stupid enough to do it two miles from her house at the very time it was easily established that Jared had just left her house? Is it possible that it was NOT someone close to the ex, that picked that time and location because they assumed it would throw suspicion in the ex'es direction?
I agree with what you are saying. The one thing that I find most interesting is it happened after he dropped off the twins. The 2 year-old in the backseat, did she usually go with him to dinner or was it a unusual thing? I guess what I am meaning to say is: was he supposed to be alone in the car that evening after drop-off? Just my curiosity.

OMG I’ve never seen a divorce case w so many issues and so many, many, many entries. Holy lord it goes on forever!
I wish I could say the same but as a family law paralegal, we have several cases like this. I’ve witnessed judges telling parents how much money they could have saved up for their kids if they would stop trying to punish each other.

His obituary listed that he taught Sunday School classes for 11- and 12-year-olds. In the divorce, I wonder which parent was given final say over religious teachings?

(Assuming that FL has a standard for one parent to be listed as the final decider on certain areas of each minor child's life, like education, extracurriculars, medical, religious, etc....)

His twins would soon be approaching the age of the kids he taught in Sunday School. I wonder if there was any strife or problem between him and his ex in relation to religion for the kids?

Are there any big milestone/ceremonies for kids in that age range in the LDS church? (I don't know because I know little about the LDS faith tradition.)
I think you have excellent points and very good questions.

Then factor in that some people either discover a religion or re-discover long lapsed religious practices in response to stresses like divorce. The new found religious practices can then become very strong.

Thus, even if there is an official agreement, there could be room for tension such as:

"The Court order allows my ex to make decisions regarding religion. My ex, however, has always been a nominal "R". Now, she suddenly has become a very active and intense "R"- and wants to make the kids intense "Rs". This violates the spirit of what I agreed to. Worse, the kids are now being taught to actively reject my nominal religion."

As for Mormon spiritual milestones, I am also unfamiliar with them. Catholics have confirmation around the age. I dont know if Mormons have an equivalent.

As a side note, I knew a couple whose divorce tensions escalated when the ex husband moved from nominal Muslim to devout Muslim- and wanted the daughter to do likewise. The ex wife then discovered her never practiced religion and the daughter was baptized an evangelical Christian. They then started arguing about:

- My ex husband wont let our daughter practice her Christian faith during his time with her!! -vs-
- Our daughter was raised Muslim- until my ex wife forced her to become an evangelical Christian. She does not want to practice Christianity!

Last edited:
A case where they had lots of entries like this was the Dan Markel case in FL. Gives me the creeps as we know Markel was murdered.

Also of interest regarding the Bridegan case is : on 11/5/2019 is notice of intent ot of or destroy evidence
11/5/19: Evidence destruction required by 12/5/19

Wondering what evidence was being destroyed.

I don't understand the evidence destruction. In general terms, what could this refer to?

And what in the world does "suggestion of death" mean, in general terms?

Just legalese related to the courts.

I believe "NOTICE OF INTENT TO DISPOSE OF OR DESTROY EVIDENCE " means the courts are going to dispose of evidence unless the parties involved in the case claim them.

Per Wikipedia, "A suggestion of death, in law, refers to calling the death of a party to the attention of a court and making it a matter of record, as a step in the revival of an action abated by the death of a party."

The one I found more interesting was "MOTION TO APPOINT SOCIAL INVESTIGATOR PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 61.20."

"A social investigation and study, when ordered by the court, shall be conducted by qualified staff of the court; a child-placing agency licensed pursuant to s. 409.175; a psychologist licensed pursuant to chapter 490; or a clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, or mental health counselor licensed pursuant to chapter 491." S

The one I found more interesting was "MOTION TO APPOINT SOCIAL INVESTIGATOR PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 61.20."

"A social investigation and study, when ordered by the court, shall be conducted by qualified staff of the court; a child-placing agency licensed pursuant to s. 409.175; a psychologist licensed pursuant to chapter 490; or a clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, or mental health counselor licensed pursuant to chapter 491." S
Kinda points toward motive.....hmmmm. JMO. Sounds like there was a severe case of parental alienation, psychological abuse, etc. The sad thing is while parental alienation can be subtle and go on for years, it eventually catches up to the one doing the alienating. When the kids figure out which parent is vindictive and hateful, they exile them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member