FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although they're unrelated, this crime reminds me of one I heard about on a podcast. I believe it was a cop driving home who stopped to remove debris out of the road so other motorists wouldn't hit it. While out of his car he was ambushed and killed. It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what podcast/case I'm thinking of. Any of you true crime connoisseurs know what I'm talking about? Searched all my past played podcasts and couldn't find it...am I going nuts?
I just listened to that series last month. It’s an unsolved murder in a small area. Can’t remember the name either! I listen to so many.

What happens if a couple marries in temple and divorces? What does sealed in the temple mean?
See here:

“What happens when a couple gets a temple divorce?” we should understand that there is no such thing as a temple divorce. What we refer to as a temple divorce is in fact a cancellation of a temple sealing. When a couple is married in the temple, they not only satisfy the law of the land as to a legal civil marriage, but they are also sealed for time and all eternity in an eternal relationship.

A civil divorce nullifies the marriage so far as the civil law is concerned, but only by a mandate of the president of the Church can the sealing of the couple be cancelled. A cancellation of the sealing is what we are really referring to when we talk about a temple divorce.

When one has been granted a civil divorce after his temple sealing, he must be cleared by the First Presidency before he can be granted a temple recommend by his bishop. After a divorce clearance has been granted by the First Presidency, an application for a cancellation of the temple sealing might be made to the president of the Church...

Interesting. What about the maps tell you Jared didn't have 50/50 physical custody and was the main breadwinner?

According to public county records, the house Jared had just come from before getting killed went for $575,000 in 2018. (I merely looked up the record for the house photographed in the DailyMail article, so I don't think I'm breaking any TOS.) It appears the ex and her new family may be quite well-off.

The distance between households tells me this wasn’t an “every-other-week” household move for the kids.

My guess is the parenting-time arrangement for the twins was every-other weekend, Wednesday night after-school dinner but no overnight, and split holidays/summers.

The Florida child-support calculator has deductions for overnights but due to the distance between parents and Jared’s well-paid profession my guess is the ex was the primary caregiver and Jared the one who paid some cs and health care premiums. And maybe a temporary alimony.

I’ve yet to determine when the first wife and Jared were married and where, although public records may show links to Utah. I don’t want to cross the TOS lines.

See here:

“What happens when a couple gets a temple divorce?” we should understand that there is no such thing as a temple divorce. What we refer to as a temple divorce is in fact a cancellation of a temple sealing. When a couple is married in the temple, they not only satisfy the law of the land as to a legal civil marriage, but they are also sealed for time and all eternity in an eternal relationship.

A civil divorce nullifies the marriage so far as the civil law is concerned, but only by a mandate of the president of the Church can the sealing of the couple be cancelled. A cancellation of the sealing is what we are really referring to when we talk about a temple divorce.

When one has been granted a civil divorce after his temple sealing, he must be cleared by the First Presidency before he can be granted a temple recommend by his bishop. After a divorce clearance has been granted by the First Presidency, an application for a cancellation of the temple sealing might be made to the president of the Church...

Thank you for this post. This is why I’m so curious if Jared and first wife were sealed for eternity in the Temple. An unsealing is pretty similar to annulling a Catholic marriage and making the kids not of the holy marriage.

I have no clue if this applies to this case.

I just listened to that series last month. It’s an unsolved murder in a small area. Can’t remember the name either! I listen to so many.

I seen that on a true crime show somewhere and you are correct I believe. It seems the unsolved was near an interstate or bypass and this officer drove onto the exit and something was in the road. In Kentucky maybe?

There is so much about the supposed facts reported for this case that don't add up. Based on GoogleMaps, Sanctuary Way has dead ends at each end. It's not on the way to anywhere, unless he missed a turn. And it can't be one way, even though it's narrow. If the ex lived 2.2 miles away, then this wasn't her street. There's also nowhere near here that looks like the industrial area that the truck picture was apparently taken in.

There's 50-60 homes on this street. I can't believe no residents would drive past the scene for 2 hours unless maybe if it was at 3am and not early evening. Also, who would stop to move a tire from the street when they could easily drive around it?

If this location is indeed accurate, then perhaps an attempted robbery or altercation started elsewhere and they ended up here, trapped by the dead ends. The tire would then be incidental. Maybe it came from a vehicle involved in the incident, maybe not. All MOO.
ETA edited for clarity.

Attachments

• Sanctuary.jpg
    Sanctuary.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Curious_in_NC, I think it is Sanctuary Blvd. at the lower right-hand corner of the map you posted. It's an entrance/exit area to the residential sections and the road splits with an island in between. I could see how a tire would be large enough to block it unless someone was going to drive over the curb/into the planting areas to avoid it.

MOO.

Last edited:
Curious_in_NC, I think it is Sanctuary Blvd. at the lower right-hand corner of the map you posted. It's an entrance/exit area to to residential sections and the road splits with an island in between. I could see how a tire would be large enough to block it unless someone was going to drive over the curb/into the planting areas to avoid it.

MOO.
You could be right. The Blvd. would make a lot more sense as far as being on his route, but the news story cited in the first message of this thread, plus several subsequent MSM reports, say it was Sanctuary Way. However, it's also even harder to imagine nobody would drive past for two hours on a more major thoroughfare like Sanctuary Blvd.

Also, I noticed there are some strip malls and several businesses several blocks east on Jacksonville Dr. It might be where the truck video came from, but that's just a wild guess. More info on the video here: Jacksonville Beach police release new videos in murder investigation

ETA @vls12345, the crime scene, as shown on this news video, looks more like it is the Blvd., as you suggest. JBPD relying on tips to find suspect who killed father | firstcoastnews.com

Last edited:
You could be right. The Blvd. would make a lot more sense as far as being on his route, but the news story cited in the first message of this thread, plus several subsequent MSM reports, say it was Sanctuary Way. However, it's also even harder to imagine nobody would drive past for two hours on a more major thoroughfare like Sanctuary Blvd.

Also, I noticed there are some strip malls and several businesses several blocks east on Jacksonville Dr. It might be where the truck video came from, but that's just a wild guess. More info on the video here: Jacksonville Beach police release new videos in murder investigation

ETA @vls12345, the crime scene, as shown on this news video, looks more like it is the Blvd., as you suggest. JBPD relying on tips to find suspect who killed father | firstcoastnews.com

It would be interesting to know how close they track that truck to where the murder happened. The article states that the truck was “in the Jacksonville beach area”. I’m really hoping that there is a lot of progress that we don’t yet know about with this.

Across the interstate, slightly east of where it happened, there is a Hampton Inn. I wonder if there was any line of sight from upper story rooms there. If so, did LE track down if anyone was there who might have seen something? Same for some law offices that were directly across the interstate.

It's a very low chance anything was seen from those locations but I hope LE asked.

MOO.

Any locals here? What is the random crime in the area? Like is it common for a wheel to be placed in a hidden/treed road in an isolated middle class area for a murderous ambush and the perpetrators buck out with nothing?

For LE to release photos of the blue Ford 150 tells me they are toying with the perpetrators.

It’s been 2 months and I’m sure LE knows full well what happened.

I don’t think the distance would be prohibitive to 50/50 care. Roughly 1hr (if my Google map fu is correct.) Certainly in Australia that wouldn’t be an issue necessarily. I read somewhere in the beginning that he saw them for dinner during the week he didn’t have them, which would imply 50/50 to me.

Probably be eating crow soon lol Normally do ;-)

Such a sad situation.

<modsnip>

Florida widow begs for help finding her husband's killer | Daily Mail Online

This is a FB video from a reporter in Jacksonville that he filmed with the police at the scene, so we can see the actual spot.
https://fb.watch/co4PDVvnBp/

Looking at the above FB video of the detectives at the crime scene, it looks like the murder took place on Sanctuary Blvd right off Jacksonville Drive. It would be right at the point where the road splits into two lanes with grass and trees in between. The trees/vegetation are the same looking at the video and google maps.

Looking at the above FB video of the detectives at the crime scene, it looks like the murder took place on Sanctuary Blvd right off Jacksonville Drive. It would be right at the point where the road splits into two lanes with grass and trees in between. The trees/vegetation are the same looking at the video and google maps.

Yep, you are right. In addition to the trees and vegetation, the drainage grate on the street matches the location perfectly. That does make it much more likely that he did need to get out of his SUV to move the tire in the road. It certainly suggests that particular spot was specifically picked out for the ambush. JMO

Yep, you are right. In addition to the trees and vegetation, the drainage grate on the street matches the location perfectly. That does make it much more likely that he did need to get out of his SUV to move the tire in the road. It certainly suggests that particular spot was specifically picked out for the ambush. JMO

Agree!

Also, using the address where Jared dropped off the twins as a starting point on Google directions and Jared's home address as the end point, the first route given takes you down Sanctuary Blvd.

I have come to the same conclusion too.

In addition, there are maps on Jax Beach police's Facebook page from early on in February,

FB_IMG_1650210538638.jpg
This one was related to a request for camera footage

FB_IMG_1650210653823.jpg
This was related to road closure for police to search for evidence

Every clue points to the section of Sanctuary Blvd between the split and the highway towards the south, and not what media reports said at the time.

I suspect (speculation) that only very local traffic heading out to town would use that section of the road at that time on a weeknight. So I won't dwell on the time taken to discover the crime, for lack of traffic. I am just sad if the toddler was left there in the car for that long!

Thank you for this post. This is why I’m so curious if Jared and first wife were sealed for eternity in the Temple. An unsealing is pretty similar to annulling a Catholic marriage and making the kids not of the holy marriage.

I have no clue if this applies to this case.

The unsealing (if it happened) would have no effect on the children, just as an annulment doesn't in the Catholic faith. Children are sealed to their parents and nothing can break that seal, ever.

I don’t think the distance would be prohibitive to 50/50 care. Roughly 1hr (if my Google map fu is correct.) Certainly in Australia that wouldn’t be an issue necessarily. I read somewhere in the beginning that he saw them for dinner during the week he didn’t have them, which would imply 50/50 to me.

Probably be eating crow soon lol Normally do ;-)

When I had visitation with my children from my first marriage, I had a week night with them every week, and had them every other weekend. I did not have 50/50 custody. He might have had a similar arrangement. Hard to tell without more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member