FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, if it was planned, it could have been based on someone following him a couple of times, seeing his routine, then setting it up. Was JB a routine type of guy? Likely. And the route he drove from dropping off his kids to the tire is residential (not a lot of distractions like restaurants, stores, etc. that might cause him to stop), not far, and then a direct jump onto the freeway.

An accomplice could have helped to verify he was on the way but other than that, I don't feel like any special prep was needed. So I feel that it's possible amateurs could have done it, not just professionals.

MOO.

Kirsten Bridegan said that this was the route Jared had used several times. The timing would have been fairly easy to assess. Jared had just dropped off his twins at Gardner-Fernandez's home, which is approximately 2.5 miles from Sanctuary Boulevard, where Jared was murdered. Police say the murder happened near the exit of The Sanctuary neighborhood and the location is described as wooded. I'm assuming this means its fairly secluded. It is a quiet area and not heavily traveled, as reported by locals. We've also been told it's a road divided in the middle with a grassy median so that a tire in the roadway would cause a person to stop instead of driving around it.

Jared was shot 4 times as he exited his car. Nothing was stolen. It appears to be a classic targeted hit.
I find it ironic he was shot 4 times. He had 4 children. Cold-hearted.

Last edited:
I think the number of shots were caught on somebody’s phone while recording or a home camera?
I remember watching/hearing it but can't find the recording quickly right now. But, yes, the sounds of the shots were captured.

Neighbors’ surveillance cameras from the Sanctuary subdivision caught the sound of several gunshots just before 8 p.m. Detectives on the case told News4JAX they believe someone ambushed him at close range, firing several times, killing him near the driver’s door. His SUV’s hazard flashers were on and his two-year-old daughter was in the back seat.

Who is Adelson?

I believe the Adelson reference is to the Dan Markel case which may have some similarities. I'm not really familiar with the Markel case but I linked the most recent thread here about it. I think Dan Markel was murdered & supposedly his ex-wife & a relative or relatives (the Adelson family) coordinated his murder by a hitman/men.

MOO.

This certainly looks like an angry ex- case but the coordination required is pretty advanced. The killer not only needed to know his route but also know where he was so they could time it. He could easily have stopped at the store on the way home. I wonder if LE has seen the location services data on his phone yet to understand who might have been able to know when-he-was-where so they could put that tire out in the road at just the right time.
I’m pretty sure that is why they are looking for the truck so bad because they got it on surveillance camera following him. I’m guessing that truck is who told the guy to hurry and put the tire out.

I’m pretty sure that is why they are looking for the truck so bad because they got it on surveillance camera following him. I’m guessing that truck is who told the guy to hurry and put the tire out.
I'm pretty sure the tire and rim came off that truck, as the front passenger side wheel looks different from all of the others. JMO

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the tire and rim came off that truck, as the front passenger side wheel looks different from all of the others. JMO

Great job in spotting that. I don't think I'm gifted at breaking down details in surveillance footage.
I have wondered about the tire in the road and if it could be traced, in some way, to a vendor or general location of origin.

Why couldn't this be a simple carjacker who panicked when he saw a child in the backseat?
Carjackers don't roll out tires and don't shoot again when man is down. This case has extremely well-executed professional hit written all over it. The location was chosen for lack of cameras. Route in and out was chosen carefully - rather amazing that the police don't have any surveillance showing a license plate and they used a truck that is extremely common in Florida. All intentional. I think it's likely they had a drone in the air for this. <modsnip - no link from an approved source/rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
Carjackers don't roll out tires and don't shoot again when man is down. This case has extremely well-executed professional hit written all over it. The location was chosen for lack of cameras. Route in and out was chosen carefully - rather amazing that the police don't have any surveillance showing a license plate and they used a truck that is extremely common in Florida. All intentional. I think it's likely they had a drone in the air for this. <modsnip - no link from an approved source/rumor>
100% agree, the recording of the shots is just brutal

Not trying to be argumentative but where I live carjackers do put tires in the road, sometimes they use bikes, I have even had someone lay down in the road in front of me. They even do this thing where they pull in front of you and brake so you hit them. We avoid those areas if we can. It is entirely possible this man was targeted, but also possible he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces