Found Deceased FL - Jason Winoker 52, from Tampa, Springhill Suites, Tallahassee, 17 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, gosh! I just thought to check one more time tonight at the Missing Jason FB page. RW posted am update that the hotel has now recovered the password to their security system. The police detective will be looking at the footage in the morning. Finally! Sure hope there’s something recorded that will help.
About damn time. I think she’s right, public pressure motivated them. They know they’re going to get nailed and lose business for not helping. Sometimes the power of social media does help. And sometimes, legal tells you to get your act together before a lawsuit is filed.

(No I’m not a lawyer but I did spend years doing compliance for the payroll industry.)

Oh, gosh! I just thought to check one more time tonight at the Missing Jason FB page. RW posted am update that the hotel has now recovered the password to their security system. The police detective will be looking at the footage in the morning. Finally! Sure hope there’s something recorded that will help.

Finally!! Now we have to hope that the camera was actually working, or if it was, that the footage from 6 weeks ago is still there.

RW posted a update on the hotel’s security footage, and it’s what some of us feared. The day and part that Jason may have appeared on has been overwritten. She wrote that the hotel was not aware the recording was on like a “two week recording loop”. Aww, geez. How infuriating.

Missing Jason FB, 10/2 update by RW

RW posted a update on the hotel’s security footage, and it’s what some of us feared. The day and part that Jason may have appeared on has been overwritten. She wrote that the hotel was not aware the recording was on like a “two week recording loop”. Aww, geez. How infuriating.

I swear, how can a business owner be so incredibly incompetent when it comes to safety & security these days. I’d be scared to stay there knowing how little they care about running an safe & efficient operation. I hope everyone goes in and removes their credit card off that hotels website.

I swear, how can a business owner be so incredibly incompetent when it comes to safety & security these days. I’d be scared to stay there knowing how little they care about running an safe & efficient operation. I hope everyone goes in and removes their credit card off that hotels website.
Sadly, Tallahassee does not have a lot of great hotel options despite it being the capital of Florida.

That hotel security footage felt like the last big hope for a clue to finding Jason.

Now, where should the focus for investigating his whereabouts be directed? The poor wife and kids.
I did some sleuthing on him. I don't know him. I don't think he's with us anymore, but I would not put it past him to have run off.

Ohhh....we all knew that was going to happen! If we knew it, the hotel should have known it; they obviously know nothing about their security system. I wish that the MSM in Tallahassee would report about it; the public deserves to know and the hotel deserves the "publicity."

This is ridiculous. If I was his family member, I would be out-of-my-mind irate! I think the footage might have been irrelevant, but who knows?

Have the police checked cameras in the area for possible sightings?

What his wife, RW, has posted prior, regarding that:

“Video Footage From Surrounding Area - The police explained that prior to COVID, there were plenty of 24-hour businesses in the area, but this is no longer the case. There is a 24 hour Whataburger right down the street, but it was mostly quiet. The investigator told me that they looked at 2 days of video footage for a nearby gas station and Jason did not go in there. When I spoke to the officer this week, he said that they are still trying to get video footage from several nearby businesses as well as videos from the early morning city buses right near the hotel. I was concerned about the group of abandoned office buildings directly behind the hotel, and my understanding is that the police have already searched those buildings that do not have maintenance crews regularly going in and out.”

https://www.facebook.com/groups/541554250444864/posts/542329693700653/

I feel very sorry for Jason. He was wearing a defibrillator because he probably had arrhythmia. Arrhythmia can be a heart that beats too fast, too slow or erratically. A heart that beats too slow means your body isn't getting enough oxygen. That can lead to waking up feeling agitated and anxious.

I don't know how long JW had the ICD but I read an article (below) that says they have a fairly short lifespan and see premature battery depletion by three years. That is very scary.

A person who has an ICD may not realize that the battery is depleting and ultimately slowing their heart rate down.

I think it's very possible that is what happened to him. I don't think he was a hot head. Or that he decided to take off on his family. I believe he was experiencing the results of diminished oxygen in his body.

"Real life" longevity of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator devices - PubMed

I'm not sure how far someone could walk in that scenario but judging by some of the anecdotal information I've read regarding Covid patients with alarmingly low oxygen levels who had no idea just how close to death they were, it's possible the same thing happened to Jason.

Unfortunately, I believe he is deceased and his body somewhere close by. MOO

Here's a situation that happened to a veteran in a hospital who went missing. He was found in a stairwell 5 weeks later.

Found Deceased - MA - Body of man, missing for five weeks, found in stairwell at Bedford VA Hospital

Jason’s wife has a post today, 10/10. She bravely shares some personal and sensitive matters: Log In or Sign Up to View
  • Before going to Tallahassee, they learned that the owner was selling the house they had been leasing (so they had to move).
  • The reason for the implanted defibrillator was he had something called “Long QT Syndrome”.
  • Jason “had three lethal and impulsive suicide attempts in the past two years” but never prior.
Based on her admission of three prior suicide attempts, it increases the likelihood of this being the reason for his disappearance. But where could he be?

Jason’s wife has a post today, 10/10. She bravely shares some personal and sensitive matters: Log In or Sign Up to View
  • Before going to Tallahassee, they learned that the owner was selling the house they had been leasing (so they had to move).
  • The reason for the implanted defibrillator was he had something called “Long QT Syndrome”.
  • Jason “had three lethal and impulsive suicide attempts in the past two years” but never prior.
Based on her admission of three prior suicide attempts, it increases the likelihood of this being the reason for his disappearance. But where could he be?
That certainly sheds some light on his disappearance. Sounds like she's thinking he suicided somewhere. Tallahassee is more like a town than a city, it could be pretty easy for someone to wander off and die and not be found for a long time.

I read her post. A very eloquent and moving piece. I think a suicide attempt may be possible. I looked up Long QT Syndrome. It's an erratic heart rhythm that can be genetic or acquired. It can cause fainting, seizure and unexpected death. The acquired form can be from taking certain meds like antidepressants, certain antibiotics and changes in your body like low calcium and potassium.

Taking antidepressants could exacerbate the problem even with a defibrillator. So you have an individual with a heart condition who found out they have to move during Covid, taking antidepressants that can exacerbate the heart problem, wearing a defibrillator that could have battery life issues. A perfect storm of events that could lead to self harm but just as easily be a tragic accident. Poor guy. His wife is a very special person.

Thank you for directing us to this message. Renee’s statement is so heart wrenching. The part where she asks whether she should stick with hope or move towards grief (vs. the constant switching back and forth) was particularly difficult to read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back