FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have agonized over Jennifer since she disappeared as everyone else here has...I keep asking myself how this can happen to a relatively low risk young woman, it just seems impossible. Perhaps, in the back of my mind I know that if it can happen to Jenn in the comfort of her own home , it can happen to any of us.

She only lived at the Mosaic for two months, is it possible that a "nut job" became so obsessed and desired her so much that he was driven to abduct her that quickly? I have read that serial killers have these uncontrollable urges to kill but would a "regular Joe, illegal alien construction worker"be driven to do do something this heinous in two months?

From the POI video, he just seems too sure of himself, walks as if he hasn't a care in the world...If I had just abducted and possibly murdered someone, I would have been out of Jenn's car before it stopped(forget backing it up and pulling into the space just so, so) , no way would I have had the nerve to sit in it for 32 sec., I would not have been able to get out of that car fast enough . I would have been constantly looking back toward the car as I walked along the pool fence, I would have looked guilty, looked frantic , not self assured as this person seems. This was not his first time, he appears to be at the top of his game. I wonder if he goes from one construction job to the next, preferring partially occupied condo's to provide him with his next victim?

So, it appeared that he was walking back toward the Mosaic?

Couple of other details, there was no guard at the gate of her complex and no video cameras.

I have often thought that the POI is a female but talk myself out of it.

My judgment-It is a female with her hair tucked up under her hat and her first name starts with the letter J.

I suppose there is a lesson here for all of us, when moving change the locks before moving in. Don't move into a place that still needs work done. Jenn was "spooked" for some reason(I do not believe that cat calls , glaring, staring was all there was to it).

You do what your told when staring down the barrel of a gun. I suppose the same when threatened with a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can honestly say I would never do what I was told if someone was pointing a gun at me, but only if It happened in public like Jennifer's complex car park. If in private and on my own with the perpetrator then I would because there is more chance of him just shooting me because nobody is there to see it. But when in public like mentioned above is he really going to shoot when anybody could be watching and in such a public place?? Of course there is a chance he would but I would run for my life!! I also don't understand the theory of jennifer driving while the perp has a gun on her IF she went past the guard at the gate. Why wouldn't u jump the frick out as soon as u see that guard? Would the perp really shoot if the guard is stood there? Doubt it. I would jump out in front of someone like that instead of being taken away to God knows where and most likely killed anyway.

Sent from my LG D855 using Tapatalk

I don't know if u guys ever heard about the Jennifer Hawke-Petit case but basically her daughter's were left home with one of the killers in the house while the other killer drove jennifer to the bank to draw a massive sum of money out. I think they said they wouldn't kill her or her daughter's if they got the money. He was waiting outside for her in the car and She told the bank person that her daughter's were at home etc and she needed the money. She still went back home with the killer after and they all ended up dead. In situations like that I don't understand why she wouldn't have stayed in the bank until the police arrived . it confuses me.

Has anyone ever seen it mentioned why Logan and his friends stayed at Jenn's the weekend she went to St. Croix? Did she suspect that someone had been coming into her apartment when she was away?

Would it be possible for someone to gain access to Jenn's apartment from her balcony? Rope, ladder?

As far as the POI parking at the HOG. Could it be possible that he drove his car/truck/van to the HOG, left it there and walked over to Jenn's, abducted her in her car, took her wherever and then drove back to HOG to pick up his car? He possibly would not have wanted anyone to see his vehicle associated with the Mosaic, which leads me to think that it was not a worker there but someone known to Jenn. I just always assumed that the POI was headed back to Jenn's after parking at the HOG but it never seemed to fit somehow.

If this were a coworker of Jenn's lets say and he abducted her from her apartment, he may have been interested in what was in her briefcase and may have picked it up and taken it out as he took Jenn out...perhaps if this were a coworker, he was concerned about the meeting that Jenn was to lead/attend the very day that she was abducted. Perhaps he feared that she had or was about to find out something about

To me this was just too well planned for this to be a stranger abduction...A coworker , especially a person in a supervisory position would have had the means , motive, opportunity...

Just some thoughts.
Wouldn't he be missing from work?

None of us know what we would do when threatened. I have always thought and taught my daughters, if they were ever confronted by an attacker with a gun or knife to fight with everything in them not to leave with the attacker. Force him to do whatever he is going to do right there because you may have some chance but once you leave with that person the chance for survival drops substantially and then of course what would you have to go through before being killed!

Sometimes , I imagine what Jenn must have felt or endured...I suppose there is a slight chance that she is alive , in that case, I hope that this nightmare ends for her soon.

My understanding is that the video camera was very poor and obviously black and white so cannot really determine the color of the clothes.
There was also a question at the time if the camera flipped the clothing color and the shirt was not white (or something). I would have to review it, but color was at issue (at least here).

I just have to ask, what is the use in having a camera like the one at the HOG if it is of such poor quality? Had it been a better camera, Jenn may be with her family today...I just cannot imagine going through what the Kesse's have gone through for ten years, God bless them!!!!

Lt. Kenda says that a murderer ALWAYS leaves a clue(s)...I guess this abductor/murderer was very lucky or a master at his craft....

If you have been to HOG you wouldn't be surprised at the equipment. It's not a very desirable place.

I just have to ask, what is the use in having a camera like the one at the HOG if it is of such poor quality? Had it been a better camera, Jenn may be with her family today...I just cannot imagine going through what the Kesse's have gone through for ten years, God bless them!!!!

Lt. Kenda says that a murderer ALWAYS leaves a clue(s)...I guess this abductor/murderer was very lucky or a master at his craft....
The camera wasn't horrible when it came to the one by the pool where the gate shot was taken of the driver. The person was the luckiest of any I have seen simply due to the posts covering his face at the precise moments he walked past them. No one has ever seen that much luck before and it doesn't mean the person was a master at anything. He could not have timed it, imo. The driver did take time to possibly wipe any prints and clear evidence quickly before getting out of the car. There was also speculation (or maybe they saw it on the video) of him tossing something in the dumpster.

I am of the belief there were clues and they were inside her apartment. It was never checked for forensic evidence. I think it was a mistake on LE's part and one they could never rectify to get them on the right path to solve this crime. In my opinion, it was someone she knew and not a random worker in the complex...and he was invited into her apartment.

Whoever it was who ditched the car, he was a cool customer. We're either dealing with a sociopath who may or may not have done something like this before, or he didn't actually know about Jennifer's abduction. Maybe someone had paid him to ditch the car, but for whatever reason instead of taking it to a remote location he just ditched it at the apartment complex and walked back to work? Suffice to say, someone like that probably isn't gonna want to come forward when they're the main suspect in a missing persons case, especially if they're an illegal immigrant to boot.

Oy Marable, it's a shame Walmart does not outfit every retailer, complex & all in between with their outstanding equipment.

I wish Lt. Kenda on Jennifer's case too, and many, many more.
Oy how I heart me some Top Sleuth Kenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see so much activity here again. May 2016 be the year Jen comes home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cams are much cheaper, better and more widespread since Jennifer was taken. Today maybe that guy would not have been so lucky.

I can honestly say I would never do what I was told if someone was pointing a gun at me, but only if It happened in public like Jennifer's complex car park. If in private and on my own with the perpetrator then I would because there is more chance of him just shooting me because nobody is there to see it. But when in public like mentioned above is he really going to shoot when anybody could be watching and in such a public place?? Of course there is a chance he would but I would run for my life!! I also don't understand the theory of jennifer driving while the perp has a gun on her IF she went past the guard at the gate. Why wouldn't u jump the frick out as soon as u see that guard? Would the perp really shoot if the guard is stood there? Doubt it. I would jump out in front of someone like that instead of being taken away to God knows where and most likely killed anyway.

Maybe I am remembering it incorrectly, but I thought it was established that there was no guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member