FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The phones being turned off is huge in this case don't you think RD?

Is it possible that the suspect took the phones , especially Jennifers so that he could possibly monitor the voicemails coming in from family and friends to determine if they were getting suspicious that something was wrong? Or, if they had notified the police that they had lost contact with her?

I was reading on Jennifers guestbook page and was moved by a comment Drew made....He said, "we just need one more piece of information, just one more piece to move this case forward".....what could that piece be? Does OPD already have a good idea who abducted Jennifer but need dna or visual or physical proof that he was involved ?

It is huge, marable. Those two phones being powered off at 10:40 pm takes a lot of uncertainty out of it. That is an abductor eliminating ability of police to track him. I doubt abductor went to a lot of trouble, possibly just smashed them rather than remove the batteries, whatever was easiest.

In my opinion Drew is referring to anything at all that would move the case forward. There hasn't been anything in all these years after what little was determined in 2006 and 2007 or so, has there?

OPD has said the timeframe is between 10 pm and 8 am or so.....I don't think they know or at least they haven't published it if they do....

The thing about Jennifer turning her phone off is that her family said from the time she was given a cell phone she had never once turned it off, it had never gone to voicemail AND she used her phone as an alarm clock....she had a very important meeting that she was to lead I believe around 11 am on Tuesday morning so you know she would not want to be late or miss that meeting....

The phone has always driven me nuts to....to my way of thinking Jennifer did not or would not have done it .....So, who did? How did this person(s) access those phones, when they were turned off were they still in her apartment or in her car(I have read the phones last pinged in different directions?

Phones pinging in different directions may not be an accurate take on what little was said, and even if true doesn't mean anything.

The little blurb I saw was Drew repeating something he had been told, which was puzzlement over "can't be in two places at once".

I have written about that in posts above, essentially I believe that refers to one phone pinging Tower A, then pinging Tower B in a different direction and perhaps farther away, then pinging Tower A again, and relatively close together.

I don't believe that would refer to one phone pinging Tower A and the other phone pinging Tower B because then the statement would be "why were the phones in two different places?"

In any event, one phone can ping Tower A and the other Tower B in a completely different direction, especially if they're different brands. However, with info both were powered off at same time my instinct is that same carrier is involved with both phones to make that determination, although of course carriers could cooperate to give that determination to Orlando police.

Tonight on the news here where I live there was an update regarding the Holly Bobo case in Darden , TN, not far from where I live.....I could not help but think of the similarities between her case and what the police and TBI had to work with and what the OPD and FBI had to work with in Jennifer's case....

For those of you who do not know about Holly I would suggest that you read about her case....She was a young nursing student who disappeared one morning in 2011 from the carport of her home on her way to her car to go to class....Her brother heard someone talking outside his bedroom window and looked out....he saw his sister and a slender male dressed in camo on the carport, as he was watching his sister Holly left with the man in camo and walked through a field behind his house......

I am telling you this because the Darden Police Dept and the TBI had the brothers description of the male in camo and a spot of Holly's blood left under the carport......they had virtually nothing to work with yet they kept at it, engaging the public, asking for help, following up on any and all tips and suggestions and kept the public updated .....Usually an update just about every week about the progress of the case and what they were working on....

A little over a year ago DPD and the TBI were able to arrest the people who raped and murdered Holly......Holly's case goes to court in April.....

I cannot help but believe that had the OPD and the FBI been as tenacious about Jennifer's case as the DPD/TBI were by asking for the public's help, keeping the public informed, releasing more information in order to get information that justice would have been served for Jennifer Kesse and her family.....

It just seems to me that the OPD at some point should say what we have been doing for 11 years is not working and we need to at least try another approach.....Mistakes are not corrected with more mistakes....

Sorry for the length....

It chills me to think that one of the workers from Jennifer's condo was arrested for statutory rape in 2008.

It is believed he passed a polygraph test just like the Green river killer did.

There is two things I would like LE to place less importance on. Polygraphs and alibis.

Marable is so right about this case needing a fresh approach. Along with fresh eyes.

It chills me to think that one of the workers from Jennifer's condo was arrested for statutory rape in 2008.

It is believed he passed a polygraph test just like the Green river killer did.

There is two things I would like LE to place less importance on. Polygraphs and alibis.

Marable is so right about this case needing a fresh approach. Along with fresh eyes.

Mystery,

It is chilling how many sexual deviants are slapped on the wrist and turned loose back into our society for them to just repeat again and again...often escalating to murder....Once they kidnap and murder our legal system finally puts them away for a few years...Thinking that they are going to stay away from schools and playgrounds , parks is a joke.....There is no telling how many sexual predators there are in every state as the states do not keep up with them....

What do you think that law enforcement could do if not polygraphs , alibis and "gut feelings"? You would think that someone , somewhere could invent some device to help law enforcement....
I hate to watch crime shows where the spouse /boyfriend/girlfriend is automatically deemed the suspect, law enforcement goes after them without let up only to find that they are innocent and they've lost valuable time and failed to collect evidence implicating someone else....

OPD needs to come clean....admit that they have mishandled Jennifer's case, tell the people of Orlando absolutely everything that they can without compromising Jennifer's case.....Tell them that they have this and this, they need such and such and ask if anyone can remember(which is beyond doubtful that anyone could).....

I feel so sorry for the Kesse's and other parents of missing children whose cases have been mishandled.....

I was a nurse for 41 years....Everyday for four years in nursing school we were told "YOU are YOUR patients voice"! In my career when I was so exhausted I did not think that I could hold up to do the things that I knew that I should be doing for my patients, that little voice in me was saying "YOU are YOUR patients voice"" and that kept me going....Police officers are no different, " they are the missing and murdered people's voice"....

Tonight on the news here where I live there was an update regarding the Holly Bobo case in Darden , TN, not far from where I live.....I could not help but think of the similarities between her case and what the police and TBI had to work with and what the OPD and FBI had to work with in Jennifer's case....

For those of you who do not know about Holly I would suggest that you read about her case....She was a young nursing student who disappeared one morning in 2011 from the carport of her home on her way to her car to go to class....Her brother heard someone talking outside his bedroom window and looked out....he saw his sister and a slender male dressed in camo on the carport, as he was watching his sister Holly left with the man in camo and walked through a field behind his house......

I am telling you this because the Darden Police Dept and the TBI had the brothers description of the male in camo and a spot of Holly's blood left under the carport......they had virtually nothing to work with yet they kept at it, engaging the public, asking for help, following up on any and all tips and suggestions and kept the public updated .....Usually an update just about every week about the progress of the case and what they were working on....

A little over a year ago DPD and the TBI were able to arrest the people who raped and murdered Holly......Holly's case goes to court in April.....

I cannot help but believe that had the OPD and the FBI been as tenacious about Jennifer's case as the DPD/TBI were by asking for the public's help, keeping the public informed, releasing more information in order to get information that justice would have been served for Jennifer Kesse and her family.....

It just seems to me that the OPD at some point should say what we have been doing for 11 years is not working and we need to at least try another approach.....Mistakes are not corrected with more mistakes....

Sorry for the length....

Great post, Marable.
Holly's case has gone up, down, round and round. I'm glad there is finally going to be a trial.
Godspeed Holly

I have a feeling Jennifer's case is going to burst wide open soon, I have the same feeling for Tara's case too.
Y'all are doing a remarkable job keeping Jennifer and Tara's case alive here.
Godspeed Jennifer
Godspeed Tara

Thanks for all y'all do for our missing and UID. [emoji172]✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Further to the rapist working in Jennifer's condo.

I'm always wary of quoting people but there was a reaction from Mr Kesse on the news this person passed a polygraph.
The worker also told LE that on a day when Jennifer was at the condo watching the work in progress (fix ups)............................"Jennifer told him to lock up when they finished their work.'

Mr Kesse claimed that was a lie because he was on the phone to Jennifer that day. She never said that and wouldn't say that.'

How would you like to be Mr & Mrs Kesse having to deal with an inept OPD.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I often thought Jenner's parents should have hired good PI as soon as they laid eyes on those two original detectives. Those two have a lot to answer for.

I'm always wary of quoting people but there was a reaction from Mr Kesse on the news this person passed a polygraph.
The worker also told LE that on a day when Jennifer was at the condo watching the work in progress (fix ups)............................"Jennifer told him to lock up when they finished their work.'

Mr Kesse claimed that was a lie because he was on the phone to Jennifer that day. She never said that and wouldn't say that.'

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I often thought Jenner's parents should have hired good PI as soon as they laid eyes on those two original detectives. Those two have a lot to answer for.

I completely agree the lazy police work amazes me! I have firsthand knowledge of this and you are exactly right the parents should have started their own investigation because sometimes you have to handle hints yourself. Which is terribly sad because it gives LE and the justice system a terrible name. Makes me so mad that this family has to live through this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery,

It is chilling how many sexual deviants are slapped on the wrist and turned loose back into our society for them to just repeat again and again...often escalating to murder....Once they kidnap and murder our legal system finally puts them away for a few years...Thinking that they are going to stay away from schools and playgrounds , parks is a joke.....There is no telling how many sexual predators there are in every state as the states do not keep up with them....

What do you think that law enforcement could do if not polygraphs , alibis and "gut feelings"? You would think that someone , somewhere could invent some device to help law enforcement....
I hate to watch crime shows where the spouse /boyfriend/girlfriend is automatically deemed the suspect, law enforcement goes after them without let up only to find that they are innocent and they've lost valuable time and failed to collect evidence implicating someone else....

OPD needs to come clean....admit that they have mishandled Jennifer's case, tell the people of Orlando absolutely everything that they can without compromising Jennifer's case.....Tell them that they have this and this, they need such and such and ask if anyone can remember(which is beyond doubtful that anyone could).....

I feel so sorry for the Kesse's and other parents of missing children whose cases have been mishandled.....

I was a nurse for 41 years....Everyday for four years in nursing school we were told "YOU are YOUR patients voice"! In my career when I was so exhausted I did not think that I could hold up to do the things that I knew that I should be doing for my patients, that little voice in me was saying "YOU are YOUR patients voice"" and that kept me going....Police officers are no different, " they are the missing and murdered people's voice"....

Most assault cases are pled to prevent the victim to have to testify ( I don't blame them ) . Or the presecutor may feel with their jury a conviction is not likely . Either was the victim makes the final call .

Polygraphs are a stress test not a " lie detector " test . That's how some of the lowest rungs of society have been able to pass them . Zero Conscience zero stress right ?

Also , i wouldn't automatically say the worker is guilty based on lying . He may be trying to distance himself or even have some indirect knowledge . Still feel like the offender was known to her .

Robert Craig Cox lied about his whereabouts when the Springfield three were abducted . His gf years later re canted his alibi . She thought he was covering up something else .

If LE outfits showed up light on the cctv footage when they were dark then is it possible that the cctv was at night instead of daytime because the camera makes things look light in colour? Or was the camera time stamped?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If LE outfits showed up light on the cctv footage when they were dark then is it possible that the cctv was at night instead of daytime because the camera makes things look light in colour? Or was the camera time stamped?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There were two cameras and they were timestamped, although news reports quoted police as saying the timestamp was an hour off. The time stamps of the two stills in front of the gate are 13:00:27, the one by the tree 13:00:28. That is not a leisurely stroll, and argues for delay settings of two stills per second. (Bear in mind that stills are not snapshots like a camera but shutter open the entire delay on all but higher end surveillance cameras according to research I did at the time.)

That's a good point about was it color during day but looks like this at night (infrared). The information is that this is what it looks like during the day, the Orlando Police tested themselves in the camera and saw the same light colored clothinig. It "concerned them", according to their spokeswoman officer. But never mind, they said, don't worry about the pictures.

A real class act they have going in Orlando. I am at least glad they divulged the slightest bit of information that shows that what you are looking at is not what it appears. So all the short painter with clown shoes stuff is not based on reality, it's based on distorted and washed out images.

Also I found and highlighted several artifacts such as a thigh strapped holder that is solid, the straps including a sideways Y to the holster are perfectly outlined and the holster solid and similar to an X26 or tactical drop down leg holster.

However... I saw a package delivery guy walking from truck to make a delivery and saw the signature recording device hanging on side from the belt. It wasn't strapped, and I'm not sure that a bike courier would have a strapped device anything like that, in particular in January 2006, but with thigh straps it very easily could have fit the profile of this object hanging from his belt.

In particular I have looked at hundreds and hundreds of pictures of holsters (many of them product displays) and have never seen the sideways Y strap to holster, similar to --<IIII-- in the image. They are almost always =IIII= equally spaced straps on both sides.

My opinion is that the POI is wearing a bicycle helmet, that distinctive duck tail in the back with a double hump indentation in back. And that the thigh strapping is both a little more flexible and secure than any typical drop down thigh holster strapping. So it may very well be some other type of device hanging from his belt (not straight down actually, but forward a little as the extender strap goes down at an angle from belt to holster as in \

I meant to spend some time looking at delivery couriers pictures, I only have one posted on my POI Blowups page toting a bag over his shoulder, and haven't done that yet, but thought I'd mention it here in meantime.

I think had I been the Kesse's when one of the detectives told them "if a hunter doesn't find her this year, they will for sure next year", somebody would have been having to pull me of of him....I cannot imagine parents a thing like this....

His pants and outfit look to me like he works in a kitchen. The tapered pants, and all cooks and chefs typically wear and white t-shirt while outside of work and a chef coat over when they get to work. Their are many black hats that cooks wear.

Also, I'm a little confused about why they released a photo of her car but there is no picture released of the person of interest near the car. If I'm wrong, please post a photo.

His pants and outfit look to me like he works in a kitchen. The tapered pants, and all cooks and chefs typically wear and white t-shirt while outside of work and a chef coat over when they get to work. Their are many black hats that cooks wear.

The outfit isn't white tho , camera effect , police uniforms appeared the same. (This hasn't been highlighted enough)

Mark.

Also, I'm a little confused about why they released a photo of her car but there is no picture released of the person of interest near the car. If I'm wrong, please post a photo.

What? The only image we have of the POI near the car is the blurry blob on the CCTV footage. The close-ups of the car were taken after police located it, of course.

An arrest has been made in the Tara Grinsteads case, Ryan Duke the GBI announced today....apparently a witness came forward....Not much has been released as of yet by the GBI pertaining to Tara's case....I hope that Jennifer's case gets solved soon, I have renewed hope.....

An arrest has been made in Tara Grinsteads case today as announced by the GBI....She went missing 11 years and 4 months ago....

Have renewed hope that Jennifer's case will be solved soon....

I used to get these two women confused - not sure why, but I agree with the renewed hope indeed. I think many cases get resolved so many years after the crimes that people don't remember. With increased SM and media in general, I think we will hear more stories like Tara's. Not necessarily someone turning themselves in, but cases getting solved one way or another. Not sure what I am even saying... just hope for Jennifer. Justice, one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper