FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Duke the alledged murderer of Tara Grinstead has already appeared before the judge in Irwin Co. GA to hear charges of entering her home to burglarize, assault with his hands , murder and conceal her body....So, she was murdered inside her home(as far as I know it was never considered a crime scene) ....Makes me wonder if Jennifer's condo was the scene of her abduction/murder?

Another hearing for him will be in April 2017....GBI and Ocilla Police Department have stated additional arrests may be forthcoming....

I am so encouraged that Jennifer's case will soon have the same results as Tara's....

If this could happen for Tara then there's hope for some justice for Jennifer.

Thanks for info and hope similar breaking news for Jennifer Kesse some day.

RIP Tara.

Ryan Duke the alledged murderer of Tara Grinstead has already appeared before the judge in Irwin Co. GA to hear charges of entering her home to burglarize, assault with his hands , murder and conceal her body....So, she was murdered inside her home(as far as I know it was never considered a crime scene) ....Makes me wonder if Jennifer's condo was the scene of her abduction/murder?

Another hearing for him will be in April 2017....GBI and Ocilla Police Department have stated additional arrests may be forthcoming....

I am so encouraged that Jennifer's case will soon have the same results as Tara's....
I believe at one time LE felt there may be a connection to tara grinstead.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RIP Tara.

Exactly ! Many cold cases solved in this past year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Tara.

All it took was one tip and then everything fell into place. Someone is bound to know something about Jennifer's case. Someone other than the murderer. Someone else knows something.

All it took was one tip and then everything fell into place. Someone is bound to know something about Jennifer's case. Someone other than the murderer. Someone else knows something.

I totally agree....Most people cannot keep their mouth shut....Especially if there are more than one person involved....

I hope that Payne Lindsey and Dr. Godwin of Up and Vanished will take Jennifer's case on when they are finished with Tara's case.....Seemingly a lot of people involved in Tara's case would not talk to law enforcement but talked to Lindsey/Godwin....

There were two cameras and they were timestamped, although news reports quoted police as saying the timestamp was an hour off. The time stamps of the two stills in front of the gate are 13:00:27, the one by the tree 13:00:28. That is not a leisurely stroll, and argues for delay settings of two stills per second. (Bear in mind that stills are not snapshots like a camera but shutter open the entire delay on all but higher end surveillance cameras according to research I did at the time.)

That's a good point about was it color during day but looks like this at night (infrared). The information is that this is what it looks like during the day, the Orlando Police tested themselves in the camera and saw the same light colored clothinig. It "concerned them", according to their spokeswoman officer. But never mind, they said, don't worry about the pictures.

A real class act they have going in Orlando. I am at least glad they divulged the slightest bit of information that shows that what you are looking at is not what it appears. So all the short painter with clown shoes stuff is not based on reality, it's based on distorted and washed out images.

Also I found and highlighted several artifacts such as a thigh strapped holder that is solid, the straps including a sideways Y to the holster are perfectly outlined and the holster solid and similar to an X26 or tactical drop down leg holster.

However... I saw a package delivery guy walking from truck to make a delivery and saw the signature recording device hanging on side from the belt. It wasn't strapped, and I'm not sure that a bike courier would have a strapped device anything like that, in particular in January 2006, but with thigh straps it very easily could have fit the profile of this object hanging from his belt.

In particular I have looked at hundreds and hundreds of pictures of holsters (many of them product displays) and have never seen the sideways Y strap to holster, similar to --<IIII-- in the image. They are almost always =IIII= equally spaced straps on both sides.

My opinion is that the POI is wearing a bicycle helmet, that distinctive duck tail in the back with a double hump indentation in back. And that the thigh strapping is both a little more flexible and secure than any typical drop down thigh holster strapping. So it may very well be some other type of device hanging from his belt (not straight down actually, but forward a little as the extender strap goes down at an angle from belt to holster as in \

I meant to spend some time looking at delivery couriers pictures, I only have one posted on my POI Blowups page toting a bag over his shoulder, and haven't done that yet, but thought I'd mention it here in meantime.

Over the past few years I've looked at your work on this site, and another site where you started a thread regarding the POI. I believe everything you think you are seeing, is in fact not present. The recording quality is so poor when zoomed in we see parralel lines which bleed with the gate, and objects on the screen creating images that are not there and left to the imagination. Shadows become large boots, gate hinges become helmets and altered pixels become patches/tasers.

With poor picture quality such as this, the best bet is to lightly blur the image as this method will at least try to assume objects based upon the already existing shadows.

For what it's worth - I think the POI is wearing khaki work pants or overalls, typical work boots and a white t-shirt, all which is standard gear for a painter or construction worker. The overalls would explain the severe pixelation near his/her hip as this area would have buttons and creases. I think it was a crime of opportunity committed by someone onsite to the Mosiac Condo.

Over the past few years I've looked at your work on this site, and another site where you started a thread regarding the POI. I believe everything you think you are seeing, is in fact not present. The recording quality is so poor when zoomed in we see parralel lines which bleed with the gate, and objects on the screen creating images that are not there and left to the imagination. Shadows become large boots, gate hinges become helmets and altered pixels become patches/tasers.

With poor picture quality such as this, the best bet is to lightly blur the image as this method will at least try to assume objects based upon the already existing shadows.

For what it's worth - I think the POI is wearing khaki work pants or overalls, typical work boots and a white t-shirt, all which is standard gear for a painter or construction worker. The overalls would explain the severe pixelation near his/her hip as this area would have buttons and creases. I think it was a crime of opportunity committed by someone onsite to the Mosiac Condo.

The white appearance of the clothing is due to the camera is it not?

I appreciate you taking a look and the feedback. First as Markybug mentions, the light colored clothing is an artifact of a night vision camera that does not have night capability switched off during day. Research I did back then found this was common with cheaper cameras (required some electronics to flip the filter on and off) or was not working. Now this is not conjecture. The Orlando Police found their own police uniforms light colored in the camera. "Sort of concerned us" I believe was the quote from so many years ago, and "don't worry about the clothes'.

So because of that people cite the light clothes as that of a worker who wears light clothes and I guess in a sense is not worrying about it. Forensics Orlando style you might call it.

Technically it could be light clothing, nothing was done to test what kind of clothes would hew closely to these images. No info on the camera was ever released, no independent testing done, nothing that could help sort out what this person is. Info about the camera doesn't reveal anything about the crime. No reason for the model camera and settings not to have been revealed back then when people could take a look at a similar model.

So waiting 11 years hasn't worked yet, but who knows, it happened in Tara's case, maybe it'll happen for Jennifer. Still I prefer hard work to make your own breaks over waiting for a break.

Now for the pixel stuff, a couple of things. While certainly there can be doubt about most of the various artifacts I've pointed out, I have shown the cut out of the thigh strap holster here a few times and there is nothing pixelly about it. Solid shape and straps, an extender up to the belt, even a beveled connector. This is one view of it including some gear on the backside of the POI:

kessedarkened13.jpg

The strapped holster is centered below the gate latch and between the bars. That's not a shadowy, pixelly, fuzzy, gee let's not look at it because it doesn't fit our agenda thing, that's a solid strapped thigh holster for something.

The other thing is that all the other shapes such as the equipment on the back, duty holster entending around and seen through the latch, and many, many other artifacts I've pointed out, including his face in still 3, are all law enforcement oriented. If there were a holster but other artifacts of that of a clown, then you know it wouldn't be that of an armed bike security guard or the like. I don't come up with something and try to justify it, I just find what's there and let the facts lead to the conclusion.

We don't have enough facts to conclude this is a security guard, but we also don't have a serious effort to determine the facts. I do feel fortunate that several people understand the scope of what's in these images even though it's hard to believe.

Which is the main problem. It's not too difficult to see, it's too difficult to believe.

As always will be glad to discuss with anyone here as this appears to be the only lead in Jennifer's disappearance.

rd

X26 was in production then , however few agencies carried then and many in 2017 are just getting them .

I appreciate you taking a look and the feedback. First as Markybug mentions, the light colored clothing is an artifact of a night vision camera that does not have night capability switched off during day. Research I did back then found this was common with cheaper cameras (required some electronics to flip the filter on and off) or was not working. Now this is not conjecture. The Orlando Police found their own police uniforms light colored in the camera. "Sort of concerned us" I believe was the quote from so many years ago, and "don't worry about the clothes'.

So because of that people cite the light clothes as that of a worker who wears light clothes and I guess in a sense is not worrying about it. Forensics Orlando style you might call it.

Technically it could be light clothing, nothing was done to test what kind of clothes would hew closely to these images. No info on the camera was ever released, no independent testing done, nothing that could help sort out what this person is. Info about the camera doesn't reveal anything about the crime. No reason for the model camera and settings not to have been revealed back then when people could take a look at a similar model.

So waiting 11 years hasn't worked yet, but who knows, it happened in Tara's case, maybe it'll happen for Jennifer. Still I prefer hard work to make your own breaks over waiting for a break.

Now for the pixel stuff, a couple of things. While certainly there can be doubt about most of the various artifacts I've pointed out, I have shown the cut out of the thigh strap holster here a few times and there is nothing pixelly about it. Solid shape and straps, an extender up to the belt, even a beveled connector. This is one view of it including some gear on the backside of the POI:

kessedarkened13.jpg

The strapped holster is centered below the gate latch and between the bars. That's not a shadowy, pixelly, fuzzy, gee let's not look at it because it doesn't fit our agenda thing, that's a solid strapped thigh holster for something.

The other thing is that all the other shapes such as the equipment on the back, duty holster entending around and seen through the latch, and many, many other artifacts I've pointed out, including his face in still 3, are all law enforcement oriented. If there were a holster but other artifacts of that of a clown, then you know it wouldn't be that of an armed bike security guard or the like. I don't come up with something and try to justify it, I just find what's there and let the facts lead to the conclusion.

We don't have enough facts to conclude this is a security guard, but we also don't have a serious effort to determine the facts. I do feel fortunate that several people understand the scope of what's in these images even though it's hard to believe.

Which is the main problem. It's not too difficult to see, it's too difficult to believe.

As always will be glad to discuss with anyone here as this appears to be the only lead in Jennifer's disappearance.

rd

I think had I been the Kesse's when one of the detectives told them "if a hunter doesn't find her this year, they will for sure next year", somebody would have been having to pull me of of him....I cannot imagine parents a thing like this....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Re broadcast this AM on Disappeared .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X26 was in production then , however few agencies carried then and many in 2017 are just getting them .

To recap the history on this, I did this research in 2007, starting in May. As I was examining the blowups, I posted:

Could that be a curved handle stun gun in a holster? I posted a picture of a curved handle stun gun below it.

then:

I added another picture of the suspect passing the gate, the second still. With higher contrast the patterns stand out solid to be what appears to me to be a holster with belt webbing running around him, and the stun gun with curved handle in it.

First reaction from most people is going to be, no way some dude is marching away from the car wearing a holster and gun.

On the other hand, there it is. You can see it's large and rectangular, appears much more than what someone would carry for tunes, but not large enough to be a saddle bag for deliveries.

If not a stun gun and holster, what is it?

I followed up for the rest of the year, spending most of my spare time and quite frankly time that wasn't spare working on this. Among other things I looked at hundreds of images of holsters (many were the same shopping page images unfortunately). I did what any of us could do, look at the image and see what kind of holster shape and strapping fits it.

I have never seen that pattern of strapping to this day. That is the most distinctive aspect of the image and the best shot at an identification of the gear it's holding on the thigh there. I posted a few of the holsters on my Blowups page. I found an ad for an security company showing an armed bike security guard with thigh holster in Ft. Lauderdale area but had lost their license. I posted that on my Blowups page.

In the midst of all that research, in October 2007, I posted:
I have an article I found from the Jacksonville Times-Union to post tonight on an imposter cop who attempted to kidnap a girl on a motorcycle.

He was bearded and wearing a uniform, badge, and a taser. He was laughing after the terrified girl got away from him and he drove off.

This imposter was black, whereas the Jennifer Kesse suspect appears to be white, but this monster or another monster, we have some cop imposters to put away for life... before another woman loses her life.

I also posted, again in 2007:
I looked at the M9 holster, and it is the exact same shape as the X26 I have posted, which is the shape of the holster in the blowup of photo two. The drop down holster is also the same layout as the X26 thigh rig I have posted, so there is no discernible difference whether X26 or M9 in matching up the holster as we have done.

Lastly, I have posted all along that this is likely an imposter law enforcement. There is a chance it is a legitimate security guard but the S. Florida company was the only organization that had a uniform like this. It could be this POI obtained this from them. They were still in business when Jennifer disappeared. The gun in the security guard picture seems to be a regular pistol, not a taser.

I think that how equipped various agencies were with tasers that fit in a holster like this has very little to do with it. I think that someone using this to abduct a woman would use what worked best at overcoming a victim with also a factor of availability. If a taser was too high profile to obtain without unwanted interest in its use then certainly that's a factor.

The bottom line is that we have a holster to identify. Just about anyone in the field knows more about holsters than I do. What I was hoping for was to give someone a chance to use their knowledge to make a break in Jennifer's case.

2007 was a long time ago. But we haven't advanced from there.

rd

rd i also don't think you are on the right track.

Sure hope the folks who dug into Tara's case start looking into Jennifer's

fair enough. If the holster and leg straps shape isn't clear to you from the image, nothing can be done about it.

I have asked all along for anyone's opinion as to what it is if not a holster.

I mean, it is a clear pattern. So what is it?

Two straps coming from left, top one is a Y to top and side of holster.

The bevelled connector between top and duty belt is very detailed.

These are solid shapes.

Took holster or belt possibly

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just watched the Disappeared episode again. An interesting tidbit, Mr. Kesse stated that the outfit on the POI matched what the landscapers at her complex wore.

Just watched the Disappeared episode again. An interesting tidbit, Mr. Kesse stated that the outfit on the POI matched what the landscapers at her complex wore.

I noticed that too the second time I watched it the other day (I must have missed it when it first aired last June). Drew thinks the pants leg is held together at the bottom with a rubber band, which is how the landscapers at Jennifer's complex wore their pants. How I wish we could go back and have the names of every single person who was working at the condos in early 2006. I really feel one of them knows something.

It could bea cross body purse,the strap tacked in or the strap under the shirt and you only see the purse on tne thigh .There are so many different shapes of bags and purses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317