FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she knew her abductors or knew of them...

I just cannot get past the phones being turned off or the batteries removed the night before after she talked with Rob.....I think she was abducted the night before......The men's sweater found in her clothes hamper that has never been linked to someone that she knew to me suggests that someone other than Logan's friends left it there...

I housesit for family and friends to, something different to do....

Sorry, but your theory is simply incorrect. Males go missing as well. Take a look at these statistics: In Illinois there are 126 males missing, and 115 females. In Florida there are 571 males missing, and 484 females. In New York State there are 309 males missing, and 235 females. In Washington State there are 344 males missing, and 239 females. In California there are 990 males missing, and 682 females. PLEASE NOTE: I chose these states at random, from Namus. Though I realize this is not every state, let alone Canada, etc, it suggests that women are no more vulnerable than some ordinary man - and looks probably has little to do with whether or not someone is abducted. I mean, are there hordes of ravenous Cougar Women running around and abducting young men? It's snarky I know, but I'm making a very clear point here - and the problem is that any time you have preconceive ideas about a case or missing people, you are immediately setting yourself up for complete failure. Going on 'gut instinct' is one thing, following traditional Patriarchal ideology is another.

I don't blame the victim.
Jennifer did nothing wrong.
I am just saying in our crazy world,carrying
mace or pepper spray is not enough.
In fact you can be as cautious as you can and still be kidnapped or murdered.
But we need to try to decrease the chances it will happen to us.
This means ,as much as we want to do whatever you want, and be spountaous
we can't.
We should think ahead of a time about all different possibilities.
This is true for all people ,men and women as one , but especially beautiful women. They are the number one target and if a predator know a woman lives alone he will more likely target her than a woman with a roommate.
Why do you think so many women are attacked when they are alone?
Jennifer was like a sitting duck !!
Livingliving alone in this half empty complex
In her building I think there was only one other apt with people,the rest were empty.
Most of the mosaic complex was unoccupied and those apts which were occupied it was mostly renters who comes and go. Not owners who usually care about their homes.
Any stranger wouldn't look out of place there No one knows he is not living there .i read in one of the treads a woman living in the mosaic said she felt like someone followed her and was also uncomfortable living thete.She was living with her boyfriend the same time when Jennifer was living there.

RD,

Have you ever heard of a reason for Logan and his friends staying at Jennifer's condo? Was it just a "man thing" ? Why Jennifers place?

Was she afraid to leave her condo unattended for the three or four days that she was going to be away?

No, I haven't marable, I know very little about it. The only reason I'm sure about it is her brother's friend left his phone behind and her brother asked her to get it sent back to the friend, the friend needed it. There might have been more insight into what the friends were doing visiting Orlando that weekend but I don't recall seeing it.

Thanks for pointing it out. From the media it appears like there are more cases covered when a beautiful woman goes missing.
I still think stalkers and serial killers target more women than men.
many of the cases of men goes missing is due to crime ..drug activity
...gang related or other criminal activity.

RD,

Have you ever heard of a reason for Logan and his friends staying at Jennifer's condo? Was it just a "man thing" ? Why Jennifers place?

Was she afraid to leave her condo unattended for the three or four days that she was going to be away?

Would you want your ex ( regardless of being on good terms ) staying at your house going through your stuff ( potentially ) while you were on vacation w your Bf ? I would not be comfortable with that situation .

Would you want your ex ( regardless of being on good terms ) staying at your house going through your stuff ( potentially ) while you were on vacation w your Bf ? I would not be comfortable with that situation .

The guys staying at her condo while she was gone were her brother and his friends. If one of them was an "ex" of Jennifer's I don't have any idea (other people are up on her ex's), but it would be coincidental.

I sure would not especially if that "ex" were taking our breakup hard....Apparently he was all torn up , begging for her to become involved with him again...Was reported to be at a bar near Jennifer's condo on that Monday night....So , this ex was not taking the break up well...

Could he have hidden the phone and use that as an excuse to return to her apartment to get it?

The guys staying at her condo while she was gone were her brother and his friends. If one of them was an "ex" of Jennifer's I don't have any idea (other people are up on her ex's), but it would be coincidental.

The men who stayed with Logan was Travis B..(the phone's owner) , Matthew S. (the ex) and another young man , can't recall his name right now....

Thanks for pointing it out. From the media it appears like there are more cases covered when a beautiful woman goes missing.
I still think stalkers and serial killers target more women than men.
many of the cases of men goes missing is due to crime ..drug activity
...gang related or other criminal activity.

I think that the media dwells on young, attractive females because that increases their ratings ....The public is more interested in young, white, attractive females than women of color or older women, it is what sells.....

I have read that the FBI believes that there are possibly 25 active serial killers in the US per year.....How many victims of those 25 could there be? I would not think that the vast majority of people who are victimized are not victims of a serial killer...

75-80 % of crime victims know the perpetrator....

I think that the media dwells on young, attractive females because that increases their ratings ....The public is more interested in young, white, attractive females than women of color or older women, it is what sells.....

I have read that the FBI believes that there are possibly 25 active serial killers in the US per year.....How many victims of those 25 could there be? I would not think that the vast majority of people who are victimized are not victims of a serial killer...

75-80 % of crime victims know the perpetrator....

This is a very good post, and I don't want to go off on a tangent, but the "attractive females get the headlines" is a longtime complaint, at least since the Chandra Levy disappearance. I of course posted responses to that during the years such as this one now.

The complaints are a reaction to news stories, and in particular are focused mainly on minority disappeared women not getting similar coverage to young white disappeared women (even though many of the black women were young and attractive). However, the nature of the disappearances that didn't make the news didn't have the mystery of those that did. And even with a mystery like Jennifer Kesse, that didn't really get all that much publicity. I followed the black women who disappeared that was in the news when I was actively posting on cases, and there were several, but whatever race or ethnicity women (and men) living dangerously and disappearing doesn't get news other than maybe a missing persons report. Clearly drug addict prostitutes whatever the race or ethnicity live endangered lives, and if they disappear it just isn't a mystery as to why.

Also, for whatever reason, the several black women who disappeared were resolved fairly quickly for the most part. If they were involved with someone publically known when they disappeared then I assure you the news would cover it just as thoroughly.

The nature of the beast is that very few disappeances get a lot of coverage, and they are compelling mysteries to be that way.

I think she knew her abductors or knew of them...

I just cannot get past the phones being turned off or the batteries removed the night before after she talked with Rob.....I think she was abducted the night before......The men's sweater found in her clothes hamper that has never been linked to someone that she knew to me suggests that someone other than Logan's friends left it there...

I housesit for family and friends to, something different to do....
BBM - I agree.

Sorry, but your theory is simply incorrect. Males go missing as well. Take a look at these statistics: In Illinois there are 126 males missing, and 115 females. In Florida there are 571 males missing, and 484 females. In New York State there are 309 males missing, and 235 females. In Washington State there are 344 males missing, and 239 females. In California there are 990 males missing, and 682 females. PLEASE NOTE: I chose these states at random, from Namus. Though I realize this is not every state, let alone Canada, etc, it suggests that women are no more vulnerable than some ordinary man - and looks probably has little to do with whether or not someone is abducted. I mean, are there hordes of ravenous Cougar Women running around and abducting young men? It's snarky I know, but I'm making a very clear point here - and the problem is that any time you have preconceive ideas about a case or missing people, you are immediately setting yourself up for complete failure. Going on 'gut instinct' is one thing, following traditional Patriarchal ideology is another.
BBM - Especially by a serial killer. Statistics show that they are most likely to target any woman "alone.' And 'alone' includes going to and from work; grocery shopping--anything.

They do not care for looks or even age--it is a crime of violence. Petite women are their favorites because they are the easiest to overcome.

I'm not sure about male serial killers killing males, but I don't think there is much difference in how they select their victims.

The men who stayed with Logan was Travis B..(the phone's owner) , Matthew S. (the ex) and another young man , can't recall his name right now....

Thanks for this information, marable. I didn't know that one her brother's friends staying that weekend was also an ex bf.

I will say that of course they were prime suspects as one would expect and also her bf. As I recall they were all questioned and alibis established and all lived out of town as I understand it, so just establishing they were out of town is all that it would take. I don't think there were any issues with establishing that.

RD , don't you think that the Kesse's have kept Jennifers alive in the news.....Tara Grinstead, Maura Murray who all disappeared within two years of Jennifer's disappearance have not been kept in the news as much....

I think what attracts me to a disappeared or murder story is the mystery involving it, not beauty or race......It is beyond me how it is possible that Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead for example vanished into thin air with very few clues....

Thanks for this information, marable. I didn't know that one her brother's friends staying that weekend was also an ex bf.

I will say that of course they were prime suspects as one would expect and also her bf. As I recall they were all questioned and alibis established and all lived out of town as I understand it, so just establishing they were out of town is all that it would take. I don't think there were any issues with establishing that.
I heard recently that no one has been totally excluded.

Apparently, the ex-boyfriend had been drinking at a bar across the street from Jennifer's condo that very night. His alibi did check out to some extent, but I don't know. It's all very strange.

On the "Disappeared" show a few months ago I thought they said no one had been totally excluded.....makes you wonder.......Guilty people pass polygraphs everyday......

You would think that with our nations ability to put a buggy on Mars to roam around and be controlled by a computer on earth that someone , somewhere could come up with a way to check a suspect out that would hold up in court.....

How OPD can exclude anyone is beyond me as they are not even sure about when her abduction occurred or where......

I believe they messed up so badly in the beginning if they released any more information the public would see just how bad they messed up...

RD , don't you think that the Kesse's have kept Jennifers alive in the news.....Tara Grinstead, Maura Murray who all disappeared within two years of Jennifer's disappearance have not been kept in the news as much....

I think what attracts me to a disappeared or murder story is the mystery involving it, not beauty or race......It is beyond me how it is possible that Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead for example vanished into thin air with very few clues....

Yes, I think Jennifer's parents have done the very best they could to keep Jennifer's Missing poster in the news. No doubt. I don't want to minimize it, and compared to Tara Grinstead for example it's a great deal of news coverage. But not the kind of coverage that would have people writing op-ed's about how attractive white women get the news coverage that minorities don't, for example.

I agree, Jennifer's and Tara's and a few others disappearance without a trace are baffling mysteries. I think that's what draws us to try to help, for sure.

I heard recently that no one has been totally excluded.

Apparently, the ex-boyfriend had been drinking at a bar across the street from Jennifer's condo that very night. His alibi did check out to some extent, but I don't know. It's all very strange.

I had seen several references to the ex bf who was in the area, close to the mall I guess, and had no idea it was one of the friends who stayed at her condo over the weekend. If that's true then the situation regarding the police questioning the people that stayed at her condo (and her bf) isn't as was led to believe from the police as reported in the beginning.

I can think of a number of scenarios if this is true. For example, if Jennifer knew he was nearby, she may have decided to take the phone to him and let him deal with it. That would only take a few minutes. Why would something like that not be publically discussed by police and her family if that in fact was the situation?

I agree RD...

Drew has discussed the fact that the ex boyfriend was at her condo that weekend on some of the interviews I have listened to....If he were suffering as much as some say that he was due to the breakup with Jennifer I would imagine that knowing she was on vacation with her new boyfriend had to eat him alive....

I had seen several references to the ex bf who was in the area, close to the mall I guess, and had no idea it was one of the friends who stayed at her condo over the weekend. If that's true then the situation regarding the police questioning the people that stayed at her condo (and her bf) isn't as was led to believe from the police as reported in the beginning.

I can think of a number of scenarios if this is true. For example, if Jennifer knew he was nearby, she may have decided to take the phone to him and let him deal with it. That would only take a few minutes. Why would something like that not be publically discussed by police and her family if that in fact was the situation?

I wasn't aware of that. I thought Drew just a friend of her brother's and he left his phone behind. Not that it makes him a suspect, but I just never knew that. I am sure LE looked at him very closely and ruled him out.

well, I don't want to dwell on the obvious. I don't even know what basis is there is to it as I never saw anything on this in the beginning. Just some comments on the internet. Not that that isn't a better source than police but there's no source source. There's no one that can tell me that his alibi is that he was drinking in a bar nearby, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, yet all posts from anyone purported to be connected with Jennifer's loved ones said that the brother and friends were investigated and had nothing to do with it.

My point was if this is in fact true, which I have no idea if it is or not, which is obviously by design, there is a very real chance that Jennifer would take the phone over to the bar to give it to her ex bf to take care of getting it back to his (and her brother's) friend. That doesn't mean she made it into where he was, in fact she would have been seen. It means she could have been abducted in a parking lot. But it means she went back out for other reasons than the only one I had ever thought possible, that being to a 24 hour FedEx type store.

And of course there are other possibilities, such as that guy that was linked to another disappearance via a gym she went to, etc., not that I want to divert down that path. But also if you have someone who is very familiar with the situation then they would know about the friend's phone and would disable it if staging a disappearance, and on and on. It's a bad situation if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo