FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think. It's likely they would have even less chance being able to ID the driver. However, at least LE would learn some things such as what direction the car came from when it arrived at HOTG, where else was it seen and at what time. They could have also checked surveillance footage of businesses. If a camera captures her car at, say 10:00 that morning, that helps the LE timeline. I'm hoping LE has it and just has not released it.

The reason that I asked is I thought more info about the perpetrator would provide more clues for identification.

I still believe that someone around Jen abducted her. She might or might have not known the person, but that person had watched her and I do believe that her abduction was premeditated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read that LE was very interested in that DVD player. Me too. Some gangs will make videos of their victims. They either sell the videos or keep them to re-watch...jmo

Can't get the guy on surveillance out of my head!! How is it that he never got identified? Something extremely eerie about the way that he moves, considering that we aware that he drove the vehicle of a young woman who went missing.

Every time I watch it, it sends chills down my spine. How casual he is parking Jen's car like that, walking away and never looking back. I strongly believe that the guy is from the area. I also think he parked the car at the apartment complex and then possibly walked to his residence nearby.

I think Jen was kidnapped from her apt parking lot, forced into her own car. The perpetrator then drove her and her car to another location, did what he did and then returned her car to apt complex nearby to then calmly stroll to his residence.

It's scary that a person like this lives and breathes among us, going about his day while no one appears to recognize him from the footage. Someone knows who this person is. I believe the surveillance footage might have not be seen by the right set of eyes.

I've only ready briefly about Jennifer before, but I finally was able to catch the Disappeared episode the other night. I'm sure there's probably more details that the show didn't cover but my first impression is that someone familiar with her schedule is the one that abducted her.

Someone who knew where she lives, the car she drove, what time she left for work etc...it's unfortunate the apartment workers were hard to track.

The reason that I asked is I thought more info about the perpetrator would provide more clues for identification.

I still believe that someone around Jen abducted her. She might or might have not known the person, but that person had watched her and I do believe that her abduction was premeditated.

It seems very likely this is the case, at least someone who is vaguely familiar with her, knowing what time she leaves in the morning, her car etc.

Though, she did just return from vacation, so that is interesting that someone likely abducted her shortly after she returned. So it definitely feels as if it was premeditated and just waiting for that right moment. However, this all likely went down early in morning at her apartment so if that is the case, it was calculated but still incredibly brazen.

The POI had such a unique set of clothes too, it's strange - white t shirt, khakis and black shoes. It doesn't really look like a laborer to me...almost more like food service or hospitality.

Still, the most logical thing I can think of is someone working on the property noticed her and devised a plan to abduct her. Just being outside working they could easily have known her car, apartment number, when she leaves and comes home. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what happened.

Truly and unusual case, she really did vanish into thin air.

Can't get the guy on surveillance out of my head!! How is it that he never got identified? Something extremely eerie about the way that he moves, considering that we aware that he drove the vehicle of a young woman who went missing.

Every time I watch it, it sends chills down my spine. How casual he is parking Jen's car like that, walking away and never looking back. I strongly believe that the guy is from the area. I also think he parked the car at the apartment complex and then possibly walked to his residence nearby.

I think Jen was kidnapped from her apt parking lot, forced into her own car. The perpetrator then drove her and her car to another location, did what he did and then returned her car to apt complex nearby to then calmly stroll to his residence.

It's scary that a person like this lives and breathes among us, going about his day while no one appears to recognize him from the footage. Someone knows who this person is. I believe the surveillance footage might have not be seen by the right set of eyes.

I've posted several times and displayed POI's face that I isolated from image 3. Yes, he did stop and look back from the palm tree.

It seems very likely this is the case, at least someone who is vaguely familiar with her, knowing what time she leaves in the morning, her car etc.

Though, she did just return from vacation, so that is interesting that someone likely abducted her shortly after she returned. So it definitely feels as if it was premeditated and just waiting for that right moment. However, this all likely went down early in morning at her apartment so if that is the case, it was calculated but still incredibly brazen.

The POI had such a unique set of clothes too, it's strange - white t shirt, khakis and black shoes. It doesn't really look like a laborer to me...almost more like food service or hospitality.

Still, the most logical thing I can think of is someone working on the property noticed her and devised a plan to abduct her. Just being outside working they could easily have known her car, apartment number, when she leaves and comes home. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what happened.

The color is washed out by night vision IR on all the time. The police saw this with their own dark uniforms. I posted and displayed side by side surveillance camera normal and with night vision on during day. It shows how it washed out the clothes. The lightness is not limited to people who wear white uniforms.

Am i right to think jen left earlier that morning ?(ie the gardners never saw her , as they would normally) so if it was a planned abduction, would that not throw them/him?

Am i right to think jen left earlier that morning ?(ie the gardners never saw her , as they would normally) so if it was a planned abduction, would that not throw them/him?

That could be. but, what do you suppose might have made her leave even earlier ?

Also : no prints on the dvd player ? Nothing in it ? Kind of strange that it was so visible when the car was parked at HG ...for two days...jmo

Someone out there knows something. Maybe they are out of the area now. Or maybe they don't follow cases. Her case needs to be seen and heard. Following the Tara Grinstead case, I'm amazed at the number of times the two men who knew what happened supposedly told others what really happened. And NO ONE called LE.

A couple of thoughts on this case, and forgive me if they've been covered.

As it's been stated I believe it was in one of the episodes of Disappeared (John Glasgow?); it's not uncommon for it to be difficult to retrieve fingerprints or DNA evidence from a car. I wonder if car washes in the area had ever been looked into and ther surveillance cameras?

I tend to believe this had to happen at night. It's way too squeaky clean to be done during the morning when there's is so much activity of people getting up and going to work. Another thing that leads me to believe that to be the case is that don't you turn your phone on immediately when you wake up? I know way back when I had my first cell phones I certainly turned it on before I left the house.

The car being moved is puzzling if it was not used as a transport vehicle for a part of the crime. But that's what leads me to believe it happened at night. I can't see someone taking the risk to walk back to the car to move it, again in the busiest work commuting time of the day. The time frame is also way too damn tight with the family figuring out that something was wrong to have been done in the morning with no one seeing anything and the crime being finished in three hours or so.

The only conflicting evidence would be the apartment that appears to have been setup. However, can't a towel/shower still remain damp and recently used even after several hours?

I wonder if she was someone who regularly turned their cell phone off at night? I mean, I know I never turn my phone off. I feel like this is knowledge that an individuals family would likely have. Especially with how close Drew Kesse and the family was with their daughter.

The clothes of the perpetrator in the video seem consistent with someone who may be some sort of landscaper, painter or construction video. At the same time, with how squeaky clean everything is, this does not appear to be a crime of opportunity, but rather something extremely pre-meditated.

Just a couple thoughts on the case. Y'all can let me know what you think.

That could be. but, what do you suppose might have made her leave even earlier ?

Also : no prints on the dvd player ? Nothing in it ? Kind of strange that it was so visible when the car was parked at HG ...for two days...jmo

To post the phone from work before starting?

As it's been stated I believe it was in one of the episodes of Disappeared (John Glasgow?); it's not uncommon for it to be difficult to retrieve fingerprints or DNA evidence from a car. I wonder if car washes in the area had ever been looked into and ther surveillance cameras?

I tend to believe this had to happen at night. It's way too squeaky clean to be done during the morning when there's is so much activity of people getting up and going to work. Another thing that leads me to believe that to be the case is that don't you turn your phone on immediately when you wake up? I know way back when I had my first cell phones I certainly turned it on before I left the house.

The car being moved is puzzling if it was not used as a transport vehicle for a part of the crime. But that's what leads me to believe it happened at night. I can't see someone taking the risk to walk back to the car to move it, again in the busiest work commuting time of the day. The time frame is also way too damn tight with the family figuring out that something was wrong to have been done in the morning with no one seeing anything and the crime being finished in three hours or so.

The only conflicting evidence would be the apartment that appears to have been setup. However, can't a towel/shower still remain damp and recently used even after several hours?

I wonder if she was someone who regularly turned their cell phone off at night? I mean, I know I never turn my phone off. I feel like this is knowledge that an individuals family would likely have. Especially with how close Drew Kesse and the family was with their daughter.

The clothes of the perpetrator in the video seem consistent with someone who may be some sort of landscaper, painter or construction video. At the same time, with how squeaky clean everything is, this does not appear to be a crime of opportunity, but rather something extremely pre-meditated.

Yes, apparently prints do not adhere well to the interior surfaces of cars. I think this was an event that happened at night. At first reading it seems to point to a person(s) who worked at the condo complex. But,,,it just seems a bit too ballsy somehow, especially if it took place in the morning. Too many people around. I would love to know : was her car parked there that morning ? And : who would she have opened her door to if someone came to her condo during the evening/night ?

And : who would she have opened her door to if someone came to her condo during the evening/night ?

If we are talking about someone who was a complete stranger to her I can't imagine she'd simply open the door to anyone at night...Unless coincidentally she was expecting a late guest or even take out, but surely in that case things like that would have been verified.

It seems very much like this was more of a calculated act rather than some bumbling perp just abducting someone on a whim. I think this person was quite familiar with the area and likely with her schedule as well. I'd like to think people don't just vanish like this without some serious preparations on the part of another individual. I don't think someone got lucky here, this was likely not done by some inept person.

If we are talking about someone who was a complete stranger to her I can't imagine she'd simply open the door to anyone at night...Unless coincidentally she was expecting a late guest or even take out, but surely in that case things like that would have been verified.

It seems very much like this was more of a calculated act rather than some bumbling perp just abducting someone on a whim. I think this person was quite familiar with the area and likely with her schedule as well. I'd like to think people don't just vanish like this without some serious preparations on the part of another individual. I don't think someone got lucky here, this was likely not done by some inept person.

Do you think she knew him/them ? if so, how well ?

Jennifer's apartment was virtually undisturbed as well as her car (with the exception of it being parked a mile away). Whoever got her knew where she lived and knew what car she drove. She expressed fear of the laborers and some of these laborers resided in empty units. It's totally plausible she never left the complex alive. Or was at least detained there.

I agree with your post, but to add to it she not only didn't turn her cell phone off at night, she used it as an alarm clock as well.

Yes. I don't know specifically where it is, just know that it has always been stated that way. I'm sure it's not directly across the street.

It wasn't your description of across the street, it's that it wasn't Hataway that was said to be there. I don't know anything more about it than that, and that line of inquiry can't be discussed without violating site TOS.

It wasn't your description of across the street, it's that it wasn't Hataway that was said to be there. I don't know anything more about it than that, and that line of inquiry can't be discussed without violating site TOS.

My mistake, it was the ex-boyfriend that was at the bar. I doubt he knew where her new residence was as well.

I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility to open the door if someone's looks non threatening. Maybe she was tired and thought it was a neighbor? If the person looked non-threatening or maybe came up with some good excuse as to why she should open the door I think it's a possibility.

Something like their car broke down, their phone was dead and they needed to call AAA or something like that. Or maybe a 'new neighbor' looking to borrow some sugar or something to cook? Or even worse, she knew the person

Has there ever been any documented evidence of how many people were living in the complex? I know it was relatively uninhabited, but surely someone else lived in the same complex or building? It'd be extremely eery to be the only person living in a gigantic apartment complex.

Can someone also explain to me why there are two phones that were shut off? Whose phone is the other one and why is it relevant?

I don't want to bash any state but it seems like a lot of missing persons cases come out of Florida...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member