FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more convinced than ever that it was one of the construction workers.

Question is, where did he take Jennifer? I'm assuming he must have used her car, otherwise why bother driving it in the first place?

I'm more convinced than ever that it was one of the construction workers.

Question is, where did he take Jennifer? I'm assuming he must have used her car, otherwise why bother driving it in the first place?

if the car left at 07:30 with or without jenn , and was parked at the HOG around noon , where was it for nearly 4 hours ? If the petrol calculations are correct it wasn’t mobile all that time ? So where was it parked ?

Live in the area and followed the case at the time. My theory has always been she was grabbed by one of the construction workers. There wasn't much of a struggle from what I've read, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone walked up behind her and walked her to her car while holding something against her. They also were all around the area at the time, so she wouldn't be suspicious if she left her house and there was a guy outside.

I would like to know also if her DNA was on the passenger seat, back seat or trunk at any point during her abduction. OC police and sheriff may have bungled the case, much like they bungled Caylee Anthony's case. You would think a major city police force could handle a big case, but probably not. The fact they didn't interview non English speaking people is a good example.

The hairstyle of the POI always looked young to me. Like a blowout that was popular at the time, think Pauly D from Jersey Shore. The person had thick hair that was shaved up in the back.

My other theory I've worked with is she was grabbed by someone else she didn't seem to be weary of, and the POI was told to drop the vehicle off. I'm a truck driver, so I can back a vehicle in with no problems. If you're unfamiliar with the car or how to back in you're going to struggle.

I don't believe the POI rode off on a bike after he walked back to the complex. I think he was picked up by someone else and this was probably a routine daily thing. That's why I believe the POI was one of the builders or associated with the builders. He would have been picked up to be brought home or to a motel they were all living at.

Whoever kidnapped her had time between the abduction and parking the vehicle. About a 4 hour window. You can go to a lot of places in 4 hours, especially if you know the area. That's why I'm thinking the POI was told to park the car for the abductor, or the POI was a builder with ties to the Orlando area.

If my theory is right about him being picked up, or even if he was riding a bike, I would assume there was additional footage looked at to see if anyone with that hair style was seen driving away from Jennifer's complex.

Not all states require a front and rear tag. I believe FL is one that does not require both plates. I live in AL and we only have rear plates. I was in FL last week and didn't notice front plates.

Correct, FL does not require a front license plate.

Live in the area and followed the case at the time. My theory has always been she was grabbed by one of the construction workers. There wasn't much of a struggle from what I've read, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone walked up behind her and walked her to her car while holding something against her. They also were all around the area at the time, so she wouldn't be suspicious if she left her house and there was a guy outside.

I would like to know also if her DNA was on the passenger seat, back seat or trunk at any point during her abduction. OC police and sheriff may have bungled the case, much like they bungled Caylee Anthony's case. You would think a major city police force could handle a big case, but probably not. The fact they didn't interview non English speaking people is a good example.

The hairstyle of the POI always looked young to me. Like a blowout that was popular at the time, think Pauly D from Jersey Shore. The person had thick hair that was shaved up in the back.

My other theory I've worked with is she was grabbed by someone else she didn't seem to be weary of, and the POI was told to drop the vehicle off. I'm a truck driver, so I can back a vehicle in with no problems. If you're unfamiliar with the car or how to back in you're going to struggle.

I don't believe the POI rode off on a bike after he walked back to the complex. I think he was picked up by someone else and this was probably a routine daily thing. That's why I believe the POI was one of the builders or associated with the builders. He would have been picked up to be brought home or to a motel they were all living at.

Whoever kidnapped her had time between the abduction and parking the vehicle. About a 4 hour window. You can go to a lot of places in 4 hours, especially if you know the area. That's why I'm thinking the POI was told to park the car for the abductor, or the POI was a builder with ties to the Orlando area.

If my theory is right about him being picked up, or even if he was riding a bike, I would assume there was additional footage looked at to see if anyone with that hair style was seen driving away from Jennifer's complex.
The car wasn't backed into the parking lot

Drew said on the Nancy grace pod cast that the latent print was actually Jens .
I’d like to know if they have possession of the car . DNA collection has grown exponentially since 2006.
I am 99% sure Drew said that they either sold or returned the car after it looked like all the processing was done.

The following article about newly released evidence has been copied to the Media thread *No Discussion*.

Jennifer Kesse disappearance: Newly released police photos suggest violent struggle

Now, nearly 15 years later, evidence photos obtained by Fox News suggest a violent struggle took place on the front hood of the 24-year-old woman’s car, a clue the family hopes will yield new leads in a case that has long been unsolved.

"It looked like someone was thrown down on the top of the hood – arms spread out and then dragged back almost like off the hood to the point where you can almost see fingers scribbling down the hood," said Kesse’s father, Drew.

"The photos look suspicious and show what appears to be a hand mark going across the hood," added Mike Torretta, a former federal agent and private investigator hired by the Kesse family.

"We hope that by showing the public these photos, someone will come forward with information they’ve been holding onto for all these years," Torretta said.

Last edited:
Great interview, so sorry for Mr. Kesse and the family. My takeaways now 'closest' to non-questionable:
- she was taken in the morning
- boyfriend not involved
- debunk of the Fed-Ex phone shipment (her leaving the condo)

I'm not sure on the trafficking angle. There are many bodies of water in the area. A rapist/murderer, even with no accomplices, could discard a body and other items without much fanfare, esp if he knew what he was doing. (I'm using "he," but...)

The car. Thinking like a criminal...why return it at all, unless you needed to get back to the immediate area AND are confident even if you are recognized on camera it won't matter because you'll be gone before it matters. Or, you wanted the car to be found but will be gone. Or, you're not involved and have no idea besides being paid to bring a car from here-to-there and wipe it down.

I think workers that lived in the unfinished condos could be responsible, but if so, are long gone. There may be prints/DNA on file that police haven't released citing an 'open' case, but can't be applied to anyone. Most likely, if they were undocumented workers, nothing on file and they have scattered to the wind.

My last questions are regarding verified whereabouts of Jennifer's colleagues that morning, and the following week. She was scheduled for an early meeting the day she disappeared? I recall some conjecture regarding a colleague, has anything become of that?

Catching up on these last couple threads but just stopping in to make a comment, this was the first big case that I read through on WS. I've been immersed in it! I'm happy to see it has been reopened and new photos are coming to light!

The car. Thinking like a criminal...why return it at all, unless you needed to get back to the immediate area AND are confident even if you are recognized on camera it won't matter because you'll be gone before it matters. Or, you wanted the car to be found but will be gone. Or, you're not involved and have no idea besides being paid to bring a car from here-to-there and wipe it down.

I think workers that lived in the unfinished condos could be responsible, but if so, are long gone. There may be prints/DNA on file that police haven't released citing an 'open' case, but can't be applied to anyone. Most likely, if they were undocumented workers, nothing on file and they have scattered to the wind.

RSBM - I agree on the car, especially if there would be any evidence of the struggle or signs that something happened - why bring it anywhere near where it belonged? Unless the individual was that arrogant or thought the connection wouldn't be made so fast. As far as workers, I think unfortunately the biggest downfall is how they were undocumented and by the sounds of it the property didn't even have records of who these workers were.

RSBM - I agree on the car, especially if there would be any evidence of the struggle or signs that something happened - why bring it anywhere near where it belonged? Unless the individual was that arrogant or thought the connection wouldn't be made so fast. As far as workers, I think unfortunately the biggest downfall is how they were undocumented and by the sounds of it the property didn't even have records of who these workers were.
There are a lot of possible reasons, but the one that most people seem to come back to is that the POI needed to get back to the Mosaic but obviously didn't want to be seen in Jennifer's car so picked a location that wasn't in the Mosaic but was close enough to walk back from. The scent dog evidence seems to corroborate this as well. Otherwise, like you said, why not leave it at the mall, parked on some random side street somewhere or two towns over rather than risk going so close to the Mosaic?

I've followed this case since the first week and I too have always leaned toward 'it's a construction worker' theory.

It was disturbing to read the new information regarding Jennifer's car. Are we going to get anymore details from the investigation files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme