FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, according to Logan he did not stay in her condo. He dropped in for one drink, one night. According to Logan in the last Fox podcast, Logan, Travis, and Marlin stayed in the condo. Marlin is the younger brother.

Oh, this has been hotly debated over the years. It still is.

I don't know if her reason for going out would have been to mail the phones, but I believe she went out. She called Rob that night from her cell phone where she had almost always called him from her landline in the evening. She did not call or text Rob on the morning of the 24th as was her habit.

She could have gone out for something as simple as to get something to eat. Or her reasons could have been much more complicated.

She asked her father what he was making for dinner when she talked to him at 6:15 pm on the 23rd so she was thinking about eating. And yet there was nothing in her trash but junk mail that she had picked up from her mailbox around 6:25 pm/6:30 pm.

The apartment was "maid clean" supposedly just the way Logan and his two cohorts had left it.

The dishes were still in the dishwasher. They had put them in and ran it before they left.

When Jennifer entered her condo she left her luggage on the floor in the foyer and set the gifts of rum beside it. With the exception of her hair dryer and her eyeglasses, that's where everything was found. Her purse was still inside her luggage, never missing. The DVD player remained in her vehicle.

Before her phone call to Rob, she talked to her long-time friend Lauren for almost two hours. Lauren said Jennifer was in a "funky" mood. She talked maybe for 10 or 15 minutes to Travis, the owner of the 2nd missing cell phone.

We don't know in what order she talked to the above two people or if she talked to anyone else with the exception of Rob.

But talking to Lauren and Travis would bring the time to about 9:00 pm. About 1/2 hour later Jennifer initiated the cell phone call to Rob. He was doing an event that night in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He said the call lasted about 30 minutes. They had an unfortunate disagreement.

We know, from law enforcement, that the call ended at 9:57 pm.

Jennifer was never heard from again.

That's it. There is absolutely no confirmation of the time Jennifer went missing. Unconfirmed damp towels (damp from her brother showering before he left Monday?) and water droplets under bottles or in the corners behind the bottles are not considered evidence by law enforcement. It's much too vague.

Outfits laid out on her bed? She could have been thinking about what to wear the night before.

The covers on Jennifer's bed were pulled up but the bed appeared "slept in". Wasn't Jennifer's brother not feeling well before he left and didn't he decide to lie down? Did he leave the covers slightly disarrayed?

If they are ever going to solve this case, law enforcement has to go back and find out what Jennifer did that night. That's where the thread that will begin the unraveling lies. Talk to people who were current in her life. What did she do on the average work night? Who did she socialize with? What activities was she involved in? Charities? Organizations? Overtime? How often?

Re-chasing old leads that were run down in 2009 by law enforcement will not help.
I will say that I recently stayed in Orlando and all my shower tests had water around the bottles 24 hours after the shower. Le is right to not use this as proof she took a shower Tuesday morning.

Her family has also stated that she picked out her clothes the night before.

Jennifer could have even sat or laid on the bed when she was home that evening. Beds are very easy to mess up. My teenager can mess up his in less that a minute.

There is nothing that I’m aware of that clearly indicates that Jennifer was alive and well Tuesday morning.

Were the “workman’s clothes” seen in video of person parking her car the same type that the workers of her apartment complex wore?
We don’t know what the poi is wearing. They warned us it was misleading in 2006 when it was released.

From thread 1 post 104:
“The "picture of the POI" people have been seeing on the news & internet 'may be' a bit misleading. Definitely NOT a good pic to start with.

Crime scene technicians who have been working with the surveillance video & the images say that the images may NOT be an accurate representation of the color of the shirt & pants that the poi is wearing. Although it appears that the shirt is white - that is only because of the camera & the clothing could actually be 'any color'.

We don’t know what the poi is wearing. They warned us it was misleading in 2006 when it was released.

From thread 1 post 104:
“The "picture of the POI" people have been seeing on the news & internet 'may be' a bit misleading. Definitely NOT a good pic to start with.

Crime scene technicians who have been working with the surveillance video & the images say that the images may NOT be an accurate representation of the color of the shirt & pants that the poi is wearing. Although it appears that the shirt is white - that is only because of the camera & the clothing could actually be 'any color'.
Well that’s unfortunate!! To me it looks like a painter in the video.

I will say that I recently stayed in Orlando and all my shower tests had water around the bottles 24 hours after the shower. Le is right to not use this as proof she took a shower Tuesday morning.

Her family has also stated that she picked out her clothes the night before.

Jennifer could have even sat or laid on the bed when she was home that evening. Beds are very easy to mess up. My teenager can mess up his in less that a minute.

There is nothing that I’m aware of that clearly indicates that Jennifer was alive and well Tuesday morning.
Jennifer could have been lying in her bed as she talked to Lauren. That was a long call.

She had a cordless phone as her landline, IIRC, which she kept plugged in in her bedroom but the handset could be taken anywhere throughout her condo.

It would be interesting to know if, indeed, she did speak to Lauren and Travis on her landline that evening. And, if that's the case, what time was her cell phone first engaged after she arrived home?

I'm sure LE would have gotten this info during the first week of her disappearance, but I'd like to know. They would never confirm (or deny) anything about other phone calls to or from her condo on the 23rd.

I've heard that statement quite often, but it's a little overemphasized, in my opinion. There have been serial killers who abducted strangers but still went to the effort of burying their victims.

It may also be an outdated rule of thumb in that killers nowadays are aware of DNA, so hiding or destroying a body helps to ensure that DNA won't be found.

In this case, I think that the killer was a stalker or sexual predator who was aware of Jennifer. There's a high probability that it was one of the undocumented immigrants working at the apartment complex—so someone closely connected to the crime scene but not closely connected to Jennifer.
Nice post. Spot on imo. I second your theory

Jennifer could have been lying in her bed as she talked to Lauren. That was a long call.

She had a cordless phone as her landline, IIRC, which she kept plugged in in her bedroom but the handset could be taken anywhere throughout her condo.

It would be interesting to know if, indeed, she did speak to Lauren and Travis on her landline that evening. And, if that's the case, what time was her cell phone first engaged after she arrived home?

I'm sure LE would have gotten this info during the first week of her disappearance, but I'd like to know. They would never confirm (or deny) anything about other phone calls to or from her condo on the 23rd.
I would bet the call to Lauren was on the landline since it lasted so long. I’m just guessing though. It would be interesting to know if and when she switched from landline to cell phone that night.

Very little forensic evidence that can link to the criminal? I often wonder if the crime is in another vehicle such as a panel van near her car and the abduction occurs outside her car in the morning. But then why move her car. That exposes the criminal further. When I think of her case, I compare to Jodi Huisentruit's case. There the abductor not only didn't move her car, they didn't even remove her items she dropped outside her car. If Jennifer's car was not used by her abductor, why move it. It doees make me believe more than one person is involved - one to grab her and subdue her in the 2nd vehicle and the other picks up what she dropped and then drive the 2nd vehicle.

From the introduction to Discovery ID's Disappeared.

'When a person disappears without a trace often the most critical information is hidden in their actions and words from the days before they vanished.' So, where's the clue in this case? There just has to be one.
What topics were covered in the two hour phone call to Lauren? Thats a long chat. Is a clue buried there somewhere? And then the call to Rob. Both were probably innocuous conversations, but we need a clue to start unravelling this mystery.

Very little forensic evidence that can link to the criminal? I often wonder if the crime is in another vehicle such as a panel van near her car and the abduction occurs outside her car in the morning. But then why move her car. That exposes the criminal further. When I think of her case, I compare to Jodi Huisentruit's case. There the abductor not only didn't move her car, they didn't even remove her items she dropped outside her car. If Jennifer's car was not used by her abductor, why move it. It doees make me believe more than one person is involved - one to grab her and subdue her in the 2nd vehicle and the other picks up what she dropped and then drive the 2nd vehicle.
I agree. With the morning theory, you need someone going behind the abductor and cleaning up and moving her car. It’s highly unlikely she wouldn’t have dropped anything, broke a nail, etc. The car wasn’t in her spot at 11:30 when the manager checked. The manager was also said to drive around the lot looking for her. You’d need to move the car twice since it wasn’t driven that far. The logistics of the morning theory don’t make sense to me since I’ve really digged into it.

'When a person disappears without a trace often the most critical information is hidden in their actions and words from the days before they vanished.' So, where's the clue in this case? There just has to be one.
What topics were covered in the two hour phone call to Lauren? Thats a long chat. Is a clue buried there somewhere? And then the call to Rob. Both were probably innocuous conversations, but we need a clue to start unravelling this mystery.
What stands out to me is her childhood best friend described her as being in a funky mood. Someone that she had know for years thought she was being funky right before this happened.

I deeply agree with the first sentence of this comment.

I think LE did get everything they could from Rob and Lauren. Especially Rob--he was willingly interviewed several times and offered himself up to more than one poly with no attorney present.

With Lauren, I think she probably turned herself inside out trying to remember every detail.

So what was Jennifer doing in the days before she went to Saint Croix? Who was she associating with in Orlando? Lauren and Rob both lived in other cities. What did Jennifer do with her time? I don't believe she was a wallflower that hid from life and went promptly to bed at 9:30 pm.

It's said that she went out with someone for a drink at the Monkey Bar the evening before she drove to Fort Lauderdale. Who was that? Were they interviewed? What was their connection to Jennifer's life? (FYI - not to confuse the Monkey Bar with the Florida Tap Room).

What about all the people she worked with? I don't mean the two guys. I mean her female friends. Who did she have lunch with? Did a group of them ever go out for a happy hour? What did they talk about? Where did they think Jennifer's interests lay?

Those are the people who could offer some interesting insights and we don't know if LE interviewed any of them. To this day they won't talk publically. It's strange. IMO

What stands out to me is her childhood best friend described her as being in a funky mood. Someone that she had know for years thought she was being funky right before this happened.
Yep. A funky mood followed by a disagreement with her guy. Then what?

I actually think moving the car was smart. Leaves no trace at the scene which I think occurred in the morning at her car. I believe she may have been put in the abduction vehicle and the car was driven by a 2nd perp and eventually dumped at the apartment complex

Yep. A funky mood followed by a disagreement with her guy. Then what?
She’s been off the radar ever since.

Quote from article: ”Sgt. Ring: The trail ended at ten o’clock—the night that she disappeared.Magnus: And she’s just off the radar after that?Sgt. Ring: Yes she is.”

I deeply agree with the first sentence of this comment.

I think LE did get everything they could from Rob and Lauren. Especially Rob--he was willingly interviewed several times and offered himself up to more than one poly with no attorney present.

With Lauren, I think she probably turned herself inside out trying to remember every detail.

So what was Jennifer doing in the days before she went to Saint Croix? Who was she associating with in Orlando? Lauren and Rob both lived in other cities. What did Jennifer do with her time? I don't believe she was a wallflower that hid from life and went promptly to bed at 9:30 pm.

It's said that she went out with someone for a drink at the Monkey Bar the evening before she drove to Fort Lauderdale. Who was that? Were they interviewed? What was their connection to Jennifer's life? (FYI - not to confuse the Monkey Bar with the Florida Tap Room).

What about all the people she worked with? I don't mean the two guys. I mean her female friends. Who did she have lunch with? Did a group of them ever go out for a happy hour? What did they talk about? Where did they think Jennifer's interests lay?

Those are the people who could offer some interesting insights and we don't know if LE interviewed any of them. To this day they won't talk publically. It's strange. IMO
In thread 2 of this forum they were saying her coworkers were told not to speak publicly about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily