FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The JH angle just doesn't work for me. Many years ago he was discussed at length but discarded as a suspect. Personally, I can see why he attracts interest though.

I think the answer lies in Jennifer's work place.
The timing is a clue. This happened the first day back from a weekend away with her boyfriend.
The million dollar reward has been mentioned. At the time many thought this was a reward put up when you aren't really offering a reward.
However, as with all theories there is a weakness in this one!
How do we fit in the POI with JK's workplace?

The JH angle just doesn't work for me. Many years ago he was discussed at length but discarded as a suspect. Personally, I can see why he attracts interest though.

The timing is a clue. This happened the first day back from a weekend away with her boyfriend.
The million dollar reward has been mentioned. At the time many thought this was a reward put up when you aren't really offering a reward.
There was an employee at her work who was supposedly obsessed with her. As I recall, people claimed that he got some kind of moving violation that gave him an alibi, either for the time that Jennifer was thought to have been abducted or for the time her car was dropped off. I have never seen a picture of that co-worker, so I don't know how closely he resembles the perp in the video.

What makes this connection impossible for me to ignore is that Jennifer and Hataway knew each other as children. They were in the same classroom in Grade 4, or possibly Grade 6, IIRC. He moved to the Orlando area around that time. Jennifer, who moved to Orlando at age 17, met up with him years later at the Florida Tap Room. I can see Jennifer trusting him quicker than she would a stranger due to their childhood connection. That would make a difference.

Snipped: And Hataway lived in Hillsborough County, where the Kesses reared their family, all of which leads Drew Kesse to wonder whether there's a connection.

I believed Jennifer lived very close to the Florida Tap Room, less than a mile. See my quote below; also Mr. Kesse has said all she had to do was walk through a parking lot.

I'm sure of the address for the Tap Room because all you have to do is Google it, but I'm not sure of exactly where Jennifer lived at that time. I know it was the MetroWest area. I've heard it said that she lived in Amara at MetroWest but that's a little further away from the Florida Tap Room than, say the Azur at MetroWest. But both are across the street.

Snipped: Jennifer Kesse lived next door to the bar for three years.

So, although I can't get a walking or driving distance of Jennifer's former residence to the Florida Tap Room, running some distances on my Google map gives me the following:

From the Florida Tap Room to Jennifer's work is about 5 miles/11 minutes to drive.

From Jenn's condo to the Florida Tap Room is about 6 miles/17 minutes to drive.

From Hataway's residence to the Florida Tap Room is about 7 miles/17 minutes to drive.

The area of his residence was not searched for Jennifer. However, I assume it was searched for Tracy Ocasio as it's the area where her vehicle was found (clean) and her last phone ping.
The address I have is for Amara. Still close enough to walk if you’re with your girlfriends. We used to walk to the strip when I was in college so we wouldn’t have to drive home.
I‘ve wondered if Logan or any of his buddies knew Hataway and potential ran into him on their Orlando trip.

It was just one witness as far as I know. A "housekeeper" that Wright caught wind of somehow and when he interviewed her she said the picture looked like Chino. Chino is a nickname and a common one.

I hope Wright narrowed it down to the correct Chino because there were two of them associated with the Mosiac at that time.
There was a resident from Mosaic that said it could be him on episode 53 of unconcluded. She said it definitely wasn’t Ben.

I'm going to go look up that podcast. I can really believe that Jennifer would bring her lunch to work. In Tupperware. I call it bazaar if we're asked to believe that Jennifer never had anything to eat from the time she got to her condo to the time she left for work the next morning. She doesn't look to me to be the type of young woman to starve herself. She ate somewhere or she was abducted before she had a chance to get something. I wonder if anyone knows what time she liked to have dinner? (Her evening meal). Or what were her habits regarding it? Something light and quick like a salad for instance. Or something more substantial. There should have been some evidence that she had eaten that evening or the following morning, either in her condo garbage or wrappers or containers of some sort in her vehicle.

It humanizes her to realize she was so conscious about her finances that she would do the "brown bag" thing. Or in Jennifer's case, the "Tupperware" thing. It makes me wonder about this 24-year-old woman who had a huge financial debt. And it was all so recent.

Thanks for this. It really helps me to understand who she spent her time with.
Its never been said what Jennifer had for lunch on Monday. That would be interesting to know. If she ate a big lunch I could see her not wanting much dinner, but I still think she would have eaten. I don’t see how she could have eaten without leaving garbage or dishes even if it was a light meal.

He‘s not my #1 suspect but someone like that can not be ignored until they’re totally cleared by le.
I agree about her work, and I think it could be someone that hasn’t been mentioned in the podcasts. She was doing a complete system overhaul so that could make someone nervous.

There was an employee at her work who was supposedly obsessed with her. As I recall, people claimed that he got some kind of moving violation that gave him an alibi, either for the time that Jennifer was thought to have been abducted or for the time her car was dropped off. I have never seen a picture of that co-worker, so I don't know how closely he resembles the perp in the video.
Not true. That was the week before. It happened before she went to St Croix.

Not true. That was the week before. It happened before she went to St Croix.
I looked at the previous threads to refresh my memory. Apparently the alleged alibi for that morning was that he was under arrest for tearing up a traffic ticket. Do you have a source that lists the dates and times for that (if it actually happened)? Regardless of that, he clearly has no alibi for the night before Jennifer was reported missing, and se may have been abducted that night.

Does anyone know if any of the people from Jennifers workplace made any public comment on her disappearance? Especially anyone who was in close contact with on a daily basis. It must have come as a shock.
Is it possible they were advised not to offer any opinion.
I would expect if a fellow employee vanished without trace the office would be alive with gossip and theories not to mention concern for one's own safety.

Does anyone know if any of the people from Jennifers workplace made any public comment on her disappearance? Especially anyone who was in close contact with on a daily basis. It must have come as a shock.
I would expect if a fellow employee vanished without trace the office would be alive with gossip and theories not to mention concern for one's own safety.
Well apparently they already knew she was missing and started calling around about her only like an hour after she actually disappeared

I looked at the previous threads to refresh my memory. Apparently the alleged alibi for that morning was that he was under arrest for tearing up a traffic ticket. Do you have a source that lists the dates and times for that (if it actually happened)? Regardless of that, he clearly has no alibi for the night before Jennifer was reported missing, and se may have been abducted that night.
Unconcluded 11. Start listening around 18 minute mark.

All I know is the worker known as AF and TW her boss. AF was fired. TW spoke to Greta on that three part series she did.

Well, depending on the identity of the POI it may not be a weakness at all.

IIRC, 5000 people were employed there. Probably a high number were male. We come in all shapes and sizes.

If you've settled on one of the Chino's as being the POI, perhaps he would have been paid to ditch Jennifer's vehicle and ask no questions.

We don't really know much about anyone's background, but if any of them are nasty enough to commit murder it wouldn't be a surprise that they know people that could help them out. For a price.

Something like that could fit.

Well, depending on the identity of the POI it may not be a weakness at all.

IIRC, 5000 people were employed there. Probably a high number were male. We come in all shapes and sizes.

If you've settled on one of the Chino's as being the POI, perhaps he would have been paid to ditch Jennifer's vehicle and ask no questions.

We don't really know much about anyone's background, but if any of them are nasty enough to commit murder it wouldn't be a surprise that they know people that could help them out. For a price.

Something like that could fit.
Maybe she paid “chino” to ditch the car to get away after meeting someone and in St Croix to get away from her family and her boyfriend stalking her every move.

The address I have is for Amara. Still close enough to walk if you’re with your girlfriends. We used to walk to the strip when I was in college so we wouldn’t have to drive home.
I‘ve wondered if Logan or any of his buddies knew Hataway and potential ran into him on their Orlando trip.
Yeah, it's about a 9-minute walk or a 2-minute drive. Still, I'll be stubborn and say the address doesn't fit Mr. Kesse's description.

I think Logan is three or four years younger than Jennifer, so I doubt if he would have known Hataway from school as Jennifer did.

It's possible she introduced Hataway to Logan if he was visiting her and perhaps they all walked over to the Tap Room on an evening when Hataway was there. I don't see much of a friendship developing, though. I think Hataway, outside of his exclusive group of friends who could be useful to him, was basically a loner who selected women when evil overtook his soul.

I think it is much more likely that Logan and his "buds" hassled the maintenance staff relentlessly during their drunken brouhahas. Could have caused retaliation, too. Just my opinion.

There was a resident from Mosaic that said it could be him on episode 53 of unconcluded. She said it definitely wasn’t Ben.
Oh, okay, point taken. But I was referring to witnesses who reported what they saw to law enforcement in a timely manner. I don't place much store in what witnesses who came forward to that podcast had to say. Mostly contrived. Especially on that issue. IMO

Not all podcasts are the same. Some can become valuable tools in breaking these cases. That one fell a little short. IMO

Maybe she paid “chino” to ditch the car to get away after meeting someone and in St Croix to get away from her family and her boyfriend stalking her every move.
Nah, I think she loved her boyfriend very much and wanted a chance at forever with him.

Its never been said what Jennifer had for lunch on Monday. That would be interesting to know. If she ate a big lunch I could see her not wanting much dinner, but I still think she would have eaten. I don’t see how she could have eaten without leaving garbage or dishes even if it was a light meal.
I'd like to know who she had lunch with, too.

He‘s not my #1 suspect but someone like that can not be ignored until they’re totally cleared by le.
I agree about her work, and I think it could be someone that hasn’t been mentioned in the podcasts. She was doing a complete system overhaul so that could make someone nervous.
BBM I wanted to highlight the above. I think that is very important to consider.

If we're all approaching the motive for Jennifer's disappearance as SA, we could all be missing the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem