FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we know is no one has been charged with the crime. We don’t know what the police have. The Kesse’s don’t know everything either. The police said that 5% of the information was withheld to protect the investigation. It is hard to bring a case without a body.

As far as the car goes, if the intent was to divert attention from Mosaic that didn’t work. The poi could have moved the car because he needed to get back to the area. The car could have been moved to divert attention from wherever it was parked. The car was most likely moved at least twice after Jennifer got home Monday night.

As far as assuming she bonded with women easily I base that off listening to her childhood best friend and her sorority sisters. I base it off seeing her pictures. I base it off her friends reaction when she disappeared. There were several that dropped what they were doing to pass out fliers. I base it off the fact that she chose to join a sorority and seemingly flourished in that environment. I base it off my own experience with Greek life.
Well the dumb thing is that now 95% of the information was released to the family and they still have nothing other than potentially kneecapping law enforcement. In terms of resolving this story at best the needle stayed where it was and at worst blew solving and prosecuting the crime.

I come back to this interview of Detective Joel Wright who was on this case 2006-2010. From The Search For Jennifer Kesse.
He thinks the POI either worked or lived at Mosaic and had observed Jennifers movement and routine for a period of time.
Detective Joel Wright:

'I think she was abducted at her car when she went to work. I think there was a struggle over the control of the car as she was driving out.
There were witnesses who gave very good solid statements to that.
And unfortunately, after that I don't know what happened.
I think maybe someone else was driving it and she was struggling to get control of it.

I come back to this interview of Detective Joel Wright who was on this case 2006-2010. From The Search For Jennifer Kesse.
He thinks the POI either worked or lived at Mosaic and had observed Jennifer's movement and routine for a period of time.
Detective Joel Wright:

'I think she was abducted at her car when she went to work. I think there was a struggle over the control of the car as she was driving out.
I think maybe someone else was driving it and she was struggling to get control of it.

To me the POI in the video looks young and very slim. I lean heavily towards one of the illegal immigrant workers at Mosaic.

Did LE come up with an approximate height and weight for the POI based on the video? He looks very slim to me. My wild guess would be about 5'9", 145 lbs. He doesn't look big enough to have overpowered Jennifer easily, but then again some guys are thin but still fairly strong.

Last edited:
He thinks the POI either worked or lived at Mosaic and had observed Jennifers movement and routine for a period of time.
Detective Joel Wright:

I don't think it's accurate to say that it is a 'lie'. It's his idea, his theory, based on what he's seen and assessed. (Do we know what witness statements is he referring to, and have those been made public?)

based on what others have said here, IMO there is a very strong possibility that Jennifer may have gone out the night before, or at least, that a morning abduction isn't as solid as has been reported. Of course, that could just as easily be weakened/made impossible if we know what witness statements that Det. Wright is referring to, or if there is other information.

UBM Those scenarios are both possible.

We still don't know whether Jennifer was abducted at night or in the morning.

Did they ever figure out what clothes Jennifer was wearing when she was abducted?
No we don’t know what she was wearing. Her new brown crocodile pumps are missing. They could have been in her car.

Detective Joel Wright:

I don't think it's accurate to say that it is a 'lie'. It's his idea, his theory, based on what he's seen and assessed. (Do we know what witness statements is he referring to, and have those been made public?)

based on what others have said here, IMO there is a very strong possibility that Jennifer may have gone out the night before, or at least, that a morning abduction isn't as solid as has been reported. Of course, that could just as easily be weakened/made impossible if we know what witness statements that Det. Wright is referring to, or if there is other information.
He believes the couple that claims to have seen her car that morning on the way to the hospital and based his statement on that. The witness speaks on episode 5 of HOBD. Joel Wright spoke on Oxygen Up & Vanished.
Law enforcement has been divided on their theories over the years just like we have.
I don’t see how Jennifer car was driving in that area and only noticed by one person. Plus her car’s interior didn’t have evidence of a struggle.

Last edited:
It makes it sound like it was definitely a morning abduction. That information must not have been available the last time I dug into the case.

To me the POI in the video looks young and very slim. I lean heavily towards one of the illegal immigrant workers at Mosaic.

Did LE come up with an approximate height and weight for the POI based on the video? He looks very slim to me. My wild guess would be about 5'9", 145 lbs. He doesn't look big enough to have overpowered Jennifer easily, but then again some guys are thin but still fairly strong.
The height estimate has been thrown out. We don’t have one.

I'm not saying there isn't one, I just don't understand why there absolutely has to be a crime here. Maybe that is why there is nothing that makes sense. There are other ways to disappear or die.

We need to keep in mind detective Wright had access to more information than any of us or even Mr Kesse. Especially the 80 pages of case files that rightfully have been held back. We can be sure suspects names are in those 80 pages.
I lean toward a morning abduction because it makes more sense than a night one.

We need to keep in mind detective Wright had access to more information than any of us or even Mr Kesse. Especially the 80 pages of case files that rightfully have been held back. We can be sure suspects names are in those 80 pages.
I lean toward a morning abduction because it makes more sense than a night one.
On HOBD episode 6 another detective, Rich Ring, spoke and said they thought Jennifer had left the complex that night. This was driven by the cell phone data. He stated they could not ignore the data and the experts.

Last edited:
The cell phone data is yet another mystery. Many years ago someone published information on those pings and where they finished but it's the same old thorny problem. How much credence can be put on this info. And speaking of thorns:
No crime scene.
No physical evidence.
No witnesses.
No body.
That's the reason we are debating ideas today.

On HOBD episode 6 another detective spoke, Rich Ring, and said they thought Jennifer had left the complex that night. This was driven by the cell phone data. He stated they could not ignore the data and the experts.
She could have left the complex that night and come back safely. Perhaps she was out of something that she needed.
However, I don't trust cell phone pings from 2006. I live about 20 miles from the Canadian border (as the crow flies), and I remember that back then my phone would sometimes connect to a tower in Canada and tell me that I was roaming internationally even though there are many, many towers that are closer to my house than that. If I had disappeared around that time, investigators would have concluded that I had run away to Canada.
In my opinion, Jennifer's cell phone pings may have been meaningless.
Jennifer wore flip flops while walking to and from her car.
Don't assume that she always did that even if it was a habit of hers. No one is 100% predictable.

Last edited:
She could have left the complex that night and come back safely. Perhaps she was out of something that she needed.
However, I don't trust cell phone pings from 2006. I live about 20 miles from the Canadian border (as the crow flies), and I remember that back then my phone would sometimes connect to a tower in Canada and tell me that I was roaming internationally even though there are many, many towers that are closer to my house than that. If I had disappeared around that time, investigators would have concluded that I had run away to Canada.
In my opinion, Jennifer's cell phone pings may have been meaningless.

Don't assume that she always did that even if it was a habit of hers. No one is 100% predictable.
I could see that in a rural area, and most of the US/Canadian border is. I’m originally from a rural area and know how cell phones can act. She was in a major city. From my understanding you got a radius the phone was in back then vs a gps location. They would know if the phone was pinging though, and when the last ping was sent.

I agree. No one’s behavior is 100% predictable. She could have put on those heels and walked to her car that night or in the morning. Pumps look great with jeans.

I could see that in a rural area, and most of the US/Canadian border is. I’m originally from a rural area and know how cell phones can act. She was in a major city. From my understanding you got a radius the phone was in back then vs a gps location. They would know if the phone was pinging though, and when the last ping was sent.

I agree. No one’s behavior is 100% predictable. She could have put on those heels and walked to her car that night or in the morning. Pumps look great with jeans.
I'm not in a rural area; I'm in a heavily populated suburban area near Detroit.

I’ve often thought someone in that office found out the Kesse’s were on their way and panicked because they hadn’t ditched the car yet. They could have made a call and got someone to do it.

Here are a few things from my notes regarding an accomplice:
-Shannon Butler (WFTV reporter) was told by police that they thought more than 1 person involved (Up & Vanished)
-KE (Jennifer’s sorority sister and one time roommate) thinks poi is family member of perp (HOBD 8)
-Rich Ring (OPD)- hard for someone to get away with this themselves. Someone probably got caught up in it (HOBD 6)

There is probably more but that’s what I picked up on glancing over them.
Yeah, Butler is pretty much on board with the "two painters" theory. She cares, though.

Ring. It's a shame he never got more support. I feel he believed in a "bigger" picture.

(Sorry I'm so tardy with my replies. My internet was out).

I think you are right about it not her disappearing on her own volition. I’m more saying that there could be a lot more than meets the eye in terms of things or social connections she may have been able to successfully hide from her support circle.

Like there could be another side that she compartmentalized or wanted to become reality that ended up not being good . That’s all.
I often think about the debt load Jennifer was carrying, and wonder if she was invited to attend a scheme of sorts where money could be made quickly.

Maybe she kept it a secret from everyone as she intended to surprise them with documentation showing her principal mortgage had been reduced.

So, yes, I definitely agree with you.

Found the statement from the family about the poi not being the perp:

It’s on the guestbook. Drew wrote, “Do I think the poi is the actual perp-no!”
Comment was written on 1/29/2010 responding to a post made on 1/28/2010.
That doesn't surprise me.

Mr. Kesse, especially, is all over the place regarding what theory he believes in. He makes so many contradictory statements. It's sad.

Mrs. Kesse believes Jennifer was sexually trafficked.

Logan believes it was the "workers".

Mr. Kesse ran with the "worker/painter" theory most recently (until it got a little out of hand and he had to do a little backtracking) because he wanted the media attention it brought to the case.

Wright ran that theory to the ground in 2009. It went nowhere. Then he was removed from the case.

The Orlando Sentinel did an article on it at the time in 2009.

The Kesse's are too close to their daughter's case to be "investigating". In my opinion, Wright took advantage of them by "reliving" his old glory days of leading an investigation (that went nowhere), and "Chino", whoever Chino was, possibly had the right to sue but instead cooperated. Again.

I'm relieved the Kesse's have given Jennifer's case to the FDLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoftyGoalGirl