FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome CatLynnette.

Thank you for your observations and your thoughts about the suspects height is very interesting. Leftcoast will be particularly interested in your thoughts.

I'm now wondering if Jennifer was abducted outside of Mosaic and the suspect didn't even know she resided there.
He dropped the car at HOTG because it suited him and when he walked away he didn't go back to Mosaic at all.

CatLynnette, may I ask if you have any theories yourself on what could have happened to Jennifer?

I didn't realize about the step, but would make sense. Left will be very interested in that. With the little curbing and the step...it does throw it off even more.

With many restaurants around, he could actually live in Mosaic which would mean he didn't have far to walk or travel to work. The security wouldn't have been a problem for him and he would know specifically how to enter again unseen after leaving the car as he doubled back for his own car. For that matter, no one would have been suspicious of him because he belonged there. He could also have a garage where he kept her car out of sight. (Of course, if he lived there...he wouldn't be a line cook...because the place looks pretty pricey. Chef's make excellent salaries tho.)

With that scenario, he might have had to be at work that afternoon and needed to dispose of it quickly. That would have given him all morning instead of being at work in the early a.m., which is what I always thought before. He would be off work probably by midnight or even earlier, if they only opened for dinner.

I am really liking this theory more all the time. Hmmm...

The suspect is walking on the pavement, which is a lower level than the step up to the higher level of the gate and pool area.

I am not so quick to dismiss Bo the bloodhound tracking the scent of the suspect from Jennifer's parked car at Huntington On The Green Condominiums to the lower stairwell area of Jennifer's Condominium building at the Mosaic.

Two of my theories:

The suspect parked his own vehicle at Huntington On The Green Condominiums early that morning and walked the mile long distance to the Mosaic and waited for Jennifer to leave that morning. The suspect approached Jennifer either on her way to her car or at her car. The suspect probably had a knife or gun which he used to intimidate Jennifer into cooperating. Where they went from there and who was driving I don't know. I doubt that the suspect had taken Jennifer very far away from the area and I came to this conclusion due to the amount of gas still left in Jennifer's car. After parking Jennifer's car, the suspect walked around the corner at Huntington On The Green parking lot to retrieve his own vehicle.

My second theory is that the suspect boldly drove his own vehicle into the Mosaic Condominiums complex. Early that afternoon the suspect, after parking Jennifer's car at Huntington On The Green Condominiums, walked the one mile distance back to the Mosaic Condominiums to retrieve his own vehicle.

This was not a carjacking. This was most likely not a robbery either. I personally believe that the suspect was only interested in Jennifer.

This is all my own opinion of course.

I will try to make the drive today to Huntington On The Green to find the location of that third camera. I will post what I find.

I meant to add CatLynette's post reminded me of those photos. It may help eveyone frame questions for 'cat' because these photos only present a small view.

If there are many restaurants around, he could actually live in Mosaic which would mean he didn't have far to walk to work. The security wouldn't have been a problem for him and he would know specifically how to enter again unseen after leaving the car. For that matter, no one would have been suspicious of him because he belonged there.

I agree, if the suspect is a resident of the Mosaic Condominiums this would allow easy access for him without calling attention to himself or it being suspicious.

Is her room supposedly the way it was found, Mys? It doesn't look like the bed was slept in to me. (I remember that struck me as odd before, too.) It looks more like she just layed curled up while talking to Rob. She wouldn't get up in the morning and make her bed with decorative pillows in place...then go back or even have time to wallow around on it while getting ready for work. They said her work clothes were "laying out on her bed". You wouldn't toss your work clothes for the day like that to be wrinkled after you fold and nicely place the clothes you wore the day before on your chair! She didn't sleep in her bed the night before, in my opinion.

I'm not really sure about the bed SS.
I think her mom might have given her room a quick tidy up but I believe the clothes on her chair were as JK left them.

Did you notice the photos on the unit in the corner of her bedroom?

There was a time when I wondered if someone who was at the condo that weekend might have looked at them and something in those photos triggered him.

I'm not really sure about the bed SS.
I think her mom might have given her room a quick tidy up but I believe the clothes on her chair were as JK left them.

Did you notice the photos on the unit in the corner of her bedroom?

There was a time when I wondered if someone who was at the condo that weekend might have looked at them and something in those photos triggered him.

I did see those. I suppose they could have, but I would expect them to be damaged or put face down if that were the case.

I noticed on the bar in the kitchen was a white bag. I wonder what it had inside? Maybe things from St. Croix?

In her room, I didn't notice any luggage or anything reminiscent of a trip either and I wish they had taken photos of the bathroom with her make-up plus things laying out. The police should release the photos they obviously have and let the public see what is out of place in them. I don't see any reason to hold those back since they are convinced no crime took place in her apartment.

Mystery and SS,

Here is a link to a Dateline interview with the parents from May 2006. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12756094/

In it there is video footage of Jennifer's condo including the bedroom and bathroom (with make up lying out etc.). Her mom apparently rearranged things to represent what it looked like when they found it - including an unmade bed.

Utopia

I did see those. I suppose they could have, but I would expect them to be damaged or put face down if that were the case.

I noticed on the bar in the kitchen was a white bag. I wonder what it had inside? Maybe things from St. Croix?

In her room, I didn't notice any luggage or anything reminiscent of a trip either and I wish they had taken photos of the bathroom with her make-up plus things laying out. The police should release the photos they obviously have and let the public see what is out of place in them. I don't see any reason to hold those back since they are convinced no crime took place in her apartment.

Thanks! Yes, that is a great interview. I don't know why I thought they had left Jenn's place exactly the same.

Those photos do make it seem like she was getting ready for work...but she could have gotten up after talking to Rob, was unpacking, and laying her things out to wear the next morning...getting ready to hang them on the door or something. Her make-up in the bathroom is confusing tho. She could have 'freshened up' before going somewhere the night before. Hmmm...

I hope that I can be of some help to answer some questions since I reside in Orlando and also since I have visited Huntington On The Green Condominiums several times since Jennifer Kesse's disappearance.

In the surveillance photos of the suspect by the gate, the sign on the gate is white and the parked car is also white.

I have my doubts about the accuracy of the height of the suspect. I stood in front of that gate myself and I am 5 feet 4 1/2 inches tall. I took into account the angle of the camera and also the height of the gate. It is my own personal opinion that the suspect is about 5 feet 10 inches tall. My husband was with me at the time and he is in agreement with me that the suspect must be taller than the estimated height given by police. My husband is a professional photographer and he knows a lot about camera angles and perspective.

At the time of Jennifer Kesse's disappearance there was a manned guard house at the entrance to the Mosaic Condominiums. Security cameras had not yet been installed at the Mosaic Condominiums at the time of Jennifer's disappearance.

My own personal opinion is that the suspect is a male wearing a dark French beret type of cap or a similar type of cap. I think that he is wearing a white short sleeved T-shirt. The color of the baggy pants is difficult to determine, however, the pants could possibly be a light shade of gray or even light khaki in color. The baggy pants seem to be folded or rolled up around the ankles. The socks seem to be white. The large dark shoes must be soft soled because of the way they bend. Just my own opinion.

I am able to answer questions about the area surrounding the Mosaic and the Huntington On The Green Condominiums.

It is my own personal opinion that the suspect is about 5 feet 10 inches tall.

What do you think you did different than the Orlando police and FBI in determining the height? Account for two levels of pavement where they wrongly think he walking on a closer, six inch higher one?

I wonder if the FBI had some people at HOTG to independently arrive at their estimate or if they just reviewed information the Orlando police sent them?

Perhaps some confirmation from the Orlando police on the veracity of their methodology of estimating the height could be given. Surely they care a great deal that that 5'3"-5'5" number is very accurate and not prone to judgement errors.

rd

Perhaps some confirmation from the Orlando police on the veracity of their methodology of estimating the height could be given. Surely they care a great deal that that 5'3"-5'5" number is very accurate and not prone to judgement errors.

rd

We will never get confirmation of how they arrived at that particular information. It may not seem like a good thing to second guess LE and the FBI, but there is a reason this case has been stalled out for so many months.

It it time to question every move they have made after the failure to release this video in its entirety early on in the case, IMO. If this had been released while people had that particular day fresh in their minds, this case could have taken a dramatic turn and Jennifer might be home today. We will never know now. :(

When and where did this case fall apart? Why do they not have a lead which takes them down the correct path? It could very well be because they locked into this suspect being too small, Oriental, or Hispanic. How many times have I read someone saying, "This size of man could exclude 95% of the population!"?!?! :banghead: (With that size, I had to assume it really could be female, too!)

We will never get confirmation of how they arrived at that particular information. It may not seem like a good thing to second guess LE and the FBI, but there is a reason this case has been stalled out for so many months.

It it time to question every move they have made after the failure to release this video in its entirety early on in the case, IMO. If this had been released while people had that particular day fresh in their minds, this case could have taken a dramatic turn and Jennifer might be home today. We will never know now. :(

When and where did this case fall apart? Why do they not have a lead which takes them down the correct path? It could very well be because they locked into this suspect being too small, Oriental, or Hispanic. How many times have I read someone saying, "This size of man could exclude 95% of the population!"?!?! :banghead: (With that size, I had to assume it really could be female, too!)

If the estimate is accurate, it does eliminate most men, although I think it's been stated throughout that gender of the POI cannot be determined.

Nothing wrong with questioning LE actions, I do it all the time, and if there is a perspective judgement of how close the person is to the fence that can amount to a six inch difference in height, then how many people are not 5'10"? A lot.

Or is this perspective thing just the differerence in levels of walkway, or could be anything in between?

That's why I'm asking about methodology. But agree with your overall points, of course, SS.

rd

A thought came to mind. The Orlando Culinary Institute is off of John Young Parkway, just south of Sand Lake Road. Lynx buses run up and down John Young on a regular basis. It could be a culinary student and not necessarily someone working at a restaurant. It would be easy to hop a bus at John Young and Americana (I checked Lynx's system map - http://www.golynx.com/RouteMaps/systemmap_SW.jpg) and then get off further down JYP near the school, or, go back west toward Millenia.

A thought came to mind. The Orlando Culinary Institute is off of John Young Parkway, just south of Sand Lake Road. Lynx buses run up and down John Young on a regular basis. It could be a culinary student and not necessarily someone working at a restaurant. It would be easy to hop a bus at John Young and Americana (I checked Lynx's system map - http://www.golynx.com/RouteMaps/systemmap_SW.jpg) and then get off further down JYP near the school, or, go back west toward Millenia.

It is a possibility, but where would he have run into Jennifer? I don't believe this is a random abduction. I tend to believe he has seen her before. People tend to have favorite places to hang out with friends and if this person works at a restaurant/bar, he could have seen her there on a regular basis and/or lived in Mosaic. (It would account for the dog tracking back to the condos.) Although, nothing says he isn't working his way thru Culinary school near there. Interesting!

Mention is often made of the dog tracking back to the Mosaic, but there is only four directions the dog could have gone; east or west on Americana or north or south on Texas.

It is just a straight shot back down the road for a mile or so to where other investigators, as well as Jennifer and the car, had been.

I'd be sort of surprised if the dog didn't find the Mosaic and Jennifer's condo, and having nothing to do with who parked the car.

rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member