FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few clarifications based on some info I saw from Dateline ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12756094/ ) and Timeshare Owners Blog for Westgate Resorts and Jennifer Kesse (not able to get a good current link on my computer).

I have referred several times to the bed covers being pulled up showing she got up that morning. This was apparently done by the mother to tidy up at some point early in the investigation???? The parents restored the bed to unmade and other disarray throughout for a walkthrough by Dateline.

There is the damp shower and disarray in the bathroom that indicates a morning shower, and some clothes on the bed, but now there is less indication to me that Jennifer was there in her condo that morning. Probably, just based on saying she was in bed at 10 pm when talking to her boyfriend on the phone, but covers pulled up made a lot of difference to me as far as getting up in the morning.

The phone situation is also murkier. When Rob didn't hear from Jennifer, he called her at work. There is no indication the cell phone was ever on that morning. Would Jennifer normally turn the cell phone on to drive to work?

Certainly I would think she would have it on to drive around late at night. But yet the police are saying that her going out after 10 pm to look into getting the package off is a possibility. Did she normally charge it at night with it on? Why wouldn't there be phone company records of activity unless it was turned off all night and never turned on again?

Also, she had gone to work that day, so unless someone can say they saw her after work somewhere, the last people to have seen her were at work. However she talked to family members as well as Rob from home that evening.

rd

I hope that I can be of some help to answer some questions since I reside in Orlando and also since I have visited Huntington On The Green Condominiums several times since Jennifer Kesse's disappearance.

In the surveillance photos of the suspect by the gate, the sign on the gate is white and the parked car is also white.

I have my doubts about the accuracy of the height of the suspect. I stood in front of that gate myself and I am 5 feet 4 1/2 inches tall. I took into account the angle of the camera and also the height of the gate. It is my own personal opinion that the suspect is about 5 feet 10 inches tall. My husband was with me at the time and he is in agreement with me that the suspect must be taller than the estimated height given by police. My husband is a professional photographer and he knows a lot about camera angles and perspective.

At the time of Jennifer Kesse's disappearance there was a manned guard house at the entrance to the Mosaic Condominiums. Security cameras had not yet been installed at the Mosaic Condominiums at the time of Jennifer's disappearance.

My own personal opinion is that the suspect is a male wearing a dark French beret type of cap or a similar type of cap. I think that he is wearing a white short sleeved T-shirt. The color of the baggy pants is difficult to determine, however, the pants could possibly be a light shade of gray or even light khaki in color. The baggy pants seem to be folded or rolled up around the ankles. The socks seem to be white. The large dark shoes must be soft soled because of the way they bend. Just my own opinion.

I am able to answer questions about the area surrounding the Mosaic and the Huntington On The Green Condominiums.

Thanks Cat and welcome. IT's nice to have someone local who has visited both sites join our discussion,

As you may or may not know, I have been arguing that I thought the height could be off for about one year. I even demonstrated by argument using video's of the scene, which were taken from a local news station. OFcourse, since I was never at HOTG, I couldn't be certain, nor can any of us.

One thing you pointed out, that I also pointed out, is the huge difference in height , between the plane where the POI is walking and the plane of the HOTG gate.

In essence, the POI is "walking in a 9-12 inch hole" as compared to the gate.

When you take into account, the high angle of the camera, the 6'10 inch gate, the difference in plane, it will make anybody look short. It is an optical illusion. IF the POI was walking 6 feet further away from the gate, he would appear MUCH taller, since one appears taller the further one stands away from that gate because of the above.

I'm glad to know that I have some other supporters on board. Plus, with you standing at that gate, and your husband being a professional photographer, it really makes me feel more confident in my guess.

Since this case is cold, Le even admitted they were out of leads, why can't LE go back out, with a "professional surveyor", and just verify the measurement of the POI.

Let's settle it, once and for all.

This isn't about who is right or wrong, it is about finding JK. If the POI is measured again, and he is in fact 5"4, I can live with that. I will sleep better at night knowing LE has it right.

Whenever a case with this much publicity goes cold, the single most likely scenario is human error.

Cat, thanks for joining, and giving us your independent views.

left

My husband just returned from the Huntington On The Green Condominiums. He discovered that the third camera is peering outward from the side window of the pool house. This window is not on the two sides of the pool house where the other two cameras are located in the peaks of the roof.

There are two gates to the fence surrounding the pool and pool house. One gate is nearby to where the suspect parked Jennifer's car. The other gate is in the opposite direction on the other side of the pool house.

On the larger surveillance photos of the suspect walking in front of the gate you will see a small palm tree on the right of the photo. The car parked in the background is white in color. The suspect is walking on the black asphalt pavement. The suspect has definitely not taken the step up to the gate. The step up to the gate and pool area measures 2 inches high. There is a 2 inch difference between the level of the pavement and the higher level of the concrete at the gate. The actual gate measures 7 feet tall from the concrete floor to the highest point of the gate.

Study the gate in the surveillance photos of the suspect. Notice the two upper horizontal cross bars of the gate itself. Notice that the top of the suspect's head is slightly below the upper cross bar. When my 5' 10 1/2" tall husband stood 3 to 4 feet away from the curb/step up to the gate in a walking/stride position, as like the suspect, the top of my husband's head is also just slightly below the top cross bar just like the suspect. Months ago when I stood in front of that very same gate in a walking/stride position the top of my head was just slightly above the lower cross bar of the gate. I am 5' 4 1/2" tall. My husband and I did take into account the camera angle from above - from the peak of the pool house roof. Our conclusion is that the suspect must be somewhere around 5' 10" tall.

Some of the restaurants located around the Mall at Millenia area are Panda Express (Chinese), T.G.I. Friday's, Olive Garden, Blue Martini, Cheesecake Factory, Brio Tuscan Grille, P F Chang's China Bistro, McDonalds, Burger King, Long John Silver, KFC, Krispy Kreme and McCormick & Schmicks Seafood Restaurant. There is a food court inside of the Mall at Millenia.

Regarding Bo the bloodhound, this dog followed the scent of the suspect from Jennifer's parked car at Huntington On The Green all the way to the stairwell area of Jennifer's actual Condominium building at the Mosaic. I don't know how anyone could explain that away and dismiss it.

For those who haven't seen them the link here takes you to photos of Jennifer's condo, the stairs she used etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,817,00.html#1_0

Mystery

thanks for all the pictures. Amazing, those balconies, dark hallways, a lot of closed areas where one could get in, or hide and wait.

As far as JK's bed. I thought Joyce said her bed was sloppily made (half -way) with two or three outfits laid on top on the bed, as if she was deciding which outfit to wear, and simply left two outfits she decided against on the bed.

If you think about this rationally, if Logan was the last to leave the condo, and the bed was made, one would have to think that JK probably did sleep in it. At least, that is what I am starting to believe. That Jk probably at least made it to bed that night.

left

Cat

I agree with the dog evidence. Bo tracked back to Mosaic.

I still like the theory that JK could have been nabbed after or during showering. IF a neighbor, etc, could hear her moving around, listening for the shower is not that hard to do in an apartment or condo complex.

He could have simply entered via the balcony, key made, etc. overpowered Jk with a gun, moved JK into his condo, grabbed her purse later on when done, moved her car, walked back, got into his car and went to work.

Whomever lived next door to Jk, or directly downstairs, would be the first people on my radar. I sure hope they were looked at seriously.

Those neighbors, would have known when JK left for work, when she showered, everything. Walls are thin.

left

Bravo, Cat!! That sounds right! Thank you and hubby for checking it out for us! It explains a lot! LE got their figures wrong and should be looking for someone taller. This would change everything. I thought those big feet should belong to a larger body! (Ask hubby about that since he is good with proportions.)

Left will be happy you found Camera #1, too!

I appreciate the rundown on the restaurants, too. I had already checked the ones in Millenium out and found a couple that interested me. One is the Blue Martini (it seemed to be more of a bar, but had good appetizers for a single female) and the Seafood restaurant. Of course, PF Chang's is upscale, too and would be a good place for a group to go.

I wish someone would tell us where Jennifer liked to hang out and if people from work went with her. Where did they eat lunch regularly? (I haven't heard mention of her making a lot of friends in the area.) I would also like to know if her brother and friends went to a restaurant/bar while they were there, too.

Good call SS

This POI could just be a worker at a restuarant that JK frequented

Question: IF jk went out to eat, did she pay cash or use her credit card?

If you use your credit card, or use a check, it is so easy to find someone these days. With the internet, plus, I thought someone said JK was listed in the phone book. All you need is a name, and MSN will give the address, if listed, or 411.

Plus, how many Jennifer Kesse's are out there? Not many. Once a perp. had her name, it would have been easy to find her, or to simply follow her home.

good points ss about the restuarants.

left

Bravo, Cat!! That sounds right! Thank you and hubby for checking it out for us! It explains a lot! LE got their figures wrong and should be looking for someone taller. This would change everything. I thought those big feet should belong to a larger body! (Ask hubby about that since he is good with proportions.)

SS.

While many of us have doubts about the POI's height, I'm not ready to conclude that the height is wrong.

However, I would like for it to be confirmed, just one more time. It could be correct, but, I just want to know, once and for all. I don't care if LE has checked it 5 times. Send an INDEPENDENT team out there, a team that has no pre-conceived notions about the height.

left

I know that some Mosaic workers still had a key to Jennifer's condo because there was still work to be done on her condo. The locks had not been changed when Jennifer had moved in.

What makes me think that Jennifer was taken by the suspect on her way to her car or at her car is that her iPod, cell phone, the friend's cell phone and her purse are all missing. All these items Jennifer probably placed within her purse. Would all of these items been gathered up and taken if Jennifer was approached by the suspect indoors within her condominium? I have my doubts that the suspect would make a point of taking all these items and Jennifer's purse along with Jennifer if that had been what happened.

There is a possibility that Jennifer could have left her condominium earlier than usual that day because she may have been planning on attempting to mail the friend's cell phone on her way to work. Jennifer usually left for work somewhere around 8:00 am.

Jennifer would call her boyfriend on her way to work every morning. Jennifer never made that phone call the morning of her disappearance. When Rob tried to call Jennifer it went to voice mail.

I have my doubts that Jennifer went out at night to mail the friend's cell phone because she was already in bed that night at 10:00 pm talking on the phone to her boyfriend. She told Rob that she was tired.
When Jennifer's parents entered her apartment the afternoon of the next day Jennifer's shower was still wet, which indicates to me that Jennifer showered in the morning as usual.

Jennifer's parents believe that Jennifer was abducted in the morning outside of her condominium probably on her way to her car in the parking lot of the Mosaic.

I believe that it is a possibility that the suspect resides at the Mosaic Condominiums or is a worker there. The possibility also exists that the suspect was working at the construction site behind the Mosaic at that time. I don't know. I could see the suspect as a cook or chef or kitchen worker at a restaurant. One thing is certain, the suspect does not reside at the Huntington On The Green Condominiums. If the suspect resided at HOTG then he wouldn't have parked Jennifer's car there because he would have known about the security cameras.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I don't think the suspect lives at HOTG. He should have known about the camera's. Plus, he started walking away from the complex, back toward Mosaic. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the POI has a friend living at HOTg, or has visited there before. But, no, I don't think he lives there.

AS for where Jk disappeared. Think about it. Many people, myself included, put everything I need for work, in my briefcase, set it next to the door, so I don't forget it in the morning.

JK could have put the friends cellphone, her purse, her cellphone, by the door. If the perp. needed to move her car, or planned to use her car, the first thing you do is look for keys in a woman's purse. PLus, if you want to make it appear that someone vanished on the way to work, you can't leave their purse behind.

Many people believe that JK would call Rob in the morning before she left for work. that call never came that day. So, it does make one wonder.

I agree on the way to the car is the most obvious. But, I wouldn't rule out other scenarios's.

left

Now, it is starting to make sense.

We have learned that Mosaic has a manned booth in order to gain access to the property.

WAS this in place when JK went missing? or was it simply a card system to enter the complex?

If so, it explains why the POI couldn't make it back to Mosaic. HE couldnt' take the chance that the guard would recognize someone else driving Jk's car.

Plus, didn't the dog's scent lead past the main gate, and supposedly the POI went to a side gate, and jumped a fence.

Well, it tells me he knows that complex well. Wanted to avoid the guard at the front gate, and not be noticed walking into the property.

left

Jennifer's parents wrote that Jennifer called her boyfriend on her cell phone while driving to work every morning.

Link:
http://jenniferkesse.com/jennifer-kesse-story.htm

yes, but Enrique also found quotes from Rob that JK would call rob in the morning, before she left for work.

So, nobody is really sure which is correct. It's possible, both are right. Sometimes, Jk would call before she left the condo, and other times while on the road. there is conflicting information about the calls to Rob. Only cellphone records will determine which is correct.

left

It is my understanding that the guard house at the entrance to the Mosaic Condominiums was manned the day of Jennifer's disappearance. Security cameras were not yet installed at the Mosaic at that time.

It is my understanding that the guard house at the entrance to the Mosaic Condominiums was manned the day of Jennifer's disappearance. Security cameras were not yet installed at the Mosaic at that time.

thanks, that explains a lot.

It could mean one of two things. the POI moved JK's car to take the heat off of Mosaic and make it appear the crime happened elsewhere

or

It could be that the POI wanted to return to Mosaic, park Jk's car in her spot, and retreive his. But, with the guard house, he couldn't take a chance being noticed driving a missing woman's car. Especially, if he heard Jk was missing.

I'm thinking out loud.

But, if that guard house was manned. Maybe, Jk's car being parked at noon, was simply a coincidence. IF jk's car was still on the property when Jk's parents' called at 11:15, wouldn't the guard have noticed a black malibu leaving the complex? hmm

thanks cat.

left

A possibility:

The suspect was hiding crouched down in the back seat behind Jennifer with gun pointed forcing Jennifer to be the driver while exiting the Mosaic Condominiums. He did this in order to not be noticed by the person manning the guard house.

Hours later, the suspect couldn't drive back into the Mosaic complex to retrieve his own vehicle because Jennifer was no longer with him. The suspect didn't want to be seen driving Jennifer's car by the person manning the guard house. The suspect drops off Jennifer's car at the Huntington On The Green Condominiums and walks back to the Mosaic entering a different way over or around the fence in order to retrieve his own vehicle.

Even if the suspect is a resident of the Mosaic Condominiums he wouldn't have wanted to be seen driving Jennifer's car by the person manning the guard house.

I hate to say this, but, I must. I sure hope LE checked Jk's trunk for forensice evidence. One wouldn't expect many hairs of JK in the trunk. However, some perp.'s use the trunks for obvious reasons.

Also, given the reclined position of the passenger seat, that and the driver's seat headrest would be ideal to find hairs from head of the POI. HOwever, most of us believe he was wearing a hat or helmet, thus, reducing this chance.

Based on the "rent a cops" I've dealt with over the years, I can't imagine if we know for certain when JK's car left Mosaic.

It could have been early am, or like RD mentioned, right before it was parked at HOTG.

However, the more I hear about this case, I more I am convinced that the POI was not simply a "ONE" time visitor to Mosiac. You don't learn the front gate, short cuts to avoid the front gate, etc. in one visit.

left

I believe the dogs tracked to the back of the complex. I will check on that.

How would he have heard she was missing? Only her work, parents, Rob, and Logan knew earlier plus after they called Mosaic at 11:15 something...It took time for them to check things out after parents' called. Could be he got very lucky and missed them by minutes as he was leaving. By the way, they said in those "Tradition" posts...the back gates weren't locked. He didn't have to go by the manned gate.

I believe the dogs tracked to the back of the complex. I will check on that.

How would he have heard she was missing? Only her work, parents, Rob, and Logan knew earlier plus after they called Mosaic at 11:15 something...It took time for them to check things out after parents' called. Could be he got very lucky and missed them by minutes as he was leaving. By the way, they said in those "Tradition" posts...the back gates weren't locked. He didn't have to go by the manned gate.

SS

supposedly, the dogs tracked the POI to the foot of Jk's stairwell

If the POI was a worker or resident, word travels quickly.

I'm sure MOsaic has walkie talkies to talk with employees.

Supposedly, Mosaic is not gated all the way around. Just the front, and both sides.

Supposedly, the POI jumped the side fence, and entered the Mosaic property via this route.

I was under the impression that there is only one entrance and exit to Mosaic via automobile. Am I incorrect?

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member