FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could answer UM&AMW, however it is on earlier I believe then usual- maybe they are doing a 2 hour show??? One could hope :)

Did you look at the link I provided- think this could be our POI?

The CBS 48 Hours piece scheduled for this Saturday, June 14, has been postponed. It was to feature Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Supposedly it was due to scheduling problems with the network, however, Tara's mom just passed away this past weekend, so that could have had something to do with it.

Will let everyone know new airdate as soon as I do.
Thanks for posting this. I only read your post today, but I'm glad I did, I thought I was going crazy. I told my DH about this show for the past two days. He's not as interested in this stuff as I am but he goes along with it. I looked all over the TV for it and couldn't find it! I thought I had the wrong date or time. Ended up watching GoodFellas AGAIN! His favorite.

No problem- the new airdate is Tuesday, July 1st for CBS 48 Hours featuring both Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Please check local listings for channel and time

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=82620&catid=8

Parents of Jennifer Kesse watching developments in Orlando murder

Posted by Tammie Fields
bullet1.gif
2 days ago

Bradenton, Florida -- Joyce Kesse says the past 28 months have been an emotional rollercoaster. She threw up her hands and said, “I don't know what I wish for at this point. Answers."

Her 24-year-old daughter Jennifer who was raised in Tampa went missing January 24th of 2006. Jennifer's black car was found at an apartment complex about a mile away from her Orlando condo. The only lead has been an unidentified man seen in surveillance video the day of her disappearance. Detectives say he was driving her car. He parked it and got out and walked away.

Joyce said, “I find that probably the most distressing and disheartening aspect. To have a suspect just as missing as Jennifer defies logic."

Now the Kesse's, who live in Bradenton, are on standby. They're watching the developing case of a University of Central Florida graduate student, Nicole Ganguzza. The newlywed went missing on Tuesday and her body was discovered 24 hours later. Orlando detectives are not releasing information on how she was killed.

Joyce hopes leads in that case could help in the case of her daughter's disappearance. "Maybe this person might be involved and if that's the case fingerprints and DNA will reveal whether or not there's a correlation."
Joyce said they're just holding on to hope at this point. "If she's alive she's 27. If she's been taken from us she's 24 forever."

Detectives in Orlando have told her they should know this weekend if the person who attacked and killed Ganguzza was involved in Jennifer's disappearance.

Tammie Fields, Tampa Bay's 10 News

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun/14/me-parents-seek-direction-in-arrest/

Parents Seek 'Direction' In Arrest

By VALERIE KALFRIN
The Tampa Tribune

Published: June 14, 2008

For two years, Joyce Kesse has driven "the Jen mobile" - a gold Chevrolet Trailblazer covered with photos of her smiling daughter - around the Bay area to trigger leads in her daughter's disappearance.

Gaither High School graduate Jennifer Kesse was 24 and living in Orlando when she vanished Jan. 24, 2006.

Orlando police found her black 2004 Chevy Malibu in an apartment complex about a mile from her condominium.

Friday, the Kesse family had hopes of new information from the Orlando area, where investigators questioned a man charged Thursday in a 2007 rape in Orange County.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office arrested Clemente Garcia, 20, of Orlando.
In another case, deputies found the body of a missing jogger, Nicole Ganguzza, 26, in an overgrown area of an Orange County park.

A homicide investigation is under way. Friday, the sheriff's office and Orlando police said they do not have anything to link Ganguzza's death with Kesse's disappearance.
However, Orlando homicide Sgt. Roger Brennan said it was too early to tell whether Garcia might be connected with Kesse's case.

"We're not done looking at him," Brennan said, adding that investigators have examined any crime of violence against women in the Orlando area for connections to Kesse.

Joyce Kesse and her husband, Drew, said they would follow the developments closely.

"How can we not hope that it's someone who's finally made a mistake?" Drew Kesse said. "That would give us a direction to go.
"I don't feel like we're going in any direction."

Drew Kesse said a man about 5-foot-3 to 5-foot-5 was spotted dropping off Jennifer's car at the apartment complex the week she disappeared. Since then, the family has fielded dozens of tips through a tip line, Web site and law enforcement agencies.

The family is determined to keep Jennifer's case alive. The TV show "48 Hours" plans to broadcast a segment July 1 on Jennifer's disappearance, Drew Kesse said.

Also in July, Gov. Charlie Crist will sign into law the "Jennifer Kesse-Tiffany Sessions Missing Persons Act," which establishes standards for entering information about missing people into the National Crime Information Center and other databases, as well as obtaining DNA samples from relatives.

"We have undying love for Jennifer, and we will not stop," Drew Kesse said. "Jennifer will come home someday.
"I'm not going to have my daughter in a shallow grave or in water somewhere for the rest of my life. That's just not in the cards."

News Channel 8 reporter Krista Klaus contributed to this report. Reporter Valerie Kalfrin can be reached at (813) 259-7800 or vkalfrin@tampatrib.com.

I always read all of the threads before I ask a question but I've read most of the threads and can't remember. What, if any evidence, was found in Jennifer's car? If any, has the information been released? Any blood, fingerprints, fibers, anything? Sorry if this has been answered. Thank you.

As far as I'm aware there has been official statement regarding any evidence found in the car.
However there have been rumors of both DNA and fingerprints being discovered.
One would hope this is the case.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=82620&catid=8

Parents of Jennifer Kesse watching developments in Orlando murder

Posted by Tammie Fields
bullet1.gif
2 days ago

Bradenton, Florida -- Joyce Kesse says the past 28 months have been an emotional rollercoaster. She threw up her hands and said, “I don't know what I wish for at this point. Answers."

Her 24-year-old daughter Jennifer who was raised in Tampa went missing January 24th of 2006. Jennifer's black car was found at an apartment complex about a mile away from her Orlando condo. The only lead has been an unidentified man seen in surveillance video the day of her disappearance. Detectives say he was driving her car. He parked it and got out and walked away.

Joyce said, “I find that probably the most distressing and disheartening aspect. To have a suspect just as missing as Jennifer defies logic."

Now the Kesse's, who live in Bradenton, are on standby. They're watching the developing case of a University of Central Florida graduate student, Nicole Ganguzza. The newlywed went missing on Tuesday and her body was discovered 24 hours later. Orlando detectives are not releasing information on how she was killed.

Joyce hopes leads in that case could help in the case of her daughter's disappearance. "Maybe this person might be involved and if that's the case fingerprints and DNA will reveal whether or not there's a correlation."
Joyce said they're just holding on to hope at this point. "If she's alive she's 27. If she's been taken from us she's 24 forever."

Detectives in Orlando have told her they should know this weekend if the person who attacked and killed Ganguzza was involved in Jennifer's disappearance.

Tammie Fields, Tampa Bay's 10 News

Does this mean they do have fingerprints and DNA?

I would like to urge everyone here on websleuths to watch 48 hours on July 1 and post your thoughts about Jennifer Kesse's case.

I will be reminding you as the air date approachs.

Join us as we step back and look at the facts of this case with the rest of the country.

"According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Crime Information Center (NCIC) there are 50,930 active missing adult cases in the United States as of January 31, 2007."

Highlighting Jennifer's abduction on a national news program is a special event: along with Tara Grinstead missing from Ocilla, Georgia.

There are 50,928 other missing adults who won't be featured that night.

findjenniferkesse.com ~ for details

~

I would like to urge everyone here on websleuths to watch 48 hours on July 1 and post your thoughts about Jennifer Kesse's case.

I will be reminding you as the air date approachs.

Join us as we step back and look at the facts of this case with the rest of the country.

"According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Crime Information Center (NCIC) there are 50,930 active missing adult cases in the United States as of January 31, 2007."

Highlighting Jennifer's abduction on a national news program is a special event: along with Tara Grinstead missing from Ocilla, Georgia.

There are 50,928 other missing adults who won't be featured that night.

findjenniferkesse.com ~ for details

~

Thanks a heap drum! Yes, please keep 'bumping' and reminding us so we don't miss it! :blowkiss:

We're now a week away from CBS 48 Hours featuring Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead next Tuesday at 9pm EST. Please check your local listings for channels and time.

Yesterday marked 2 years and 5 months since Jennifer was abducted. Please continue to keep her and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to the Kesse's and Grinstead's.

We're now a week away from CBS 48 Hours featuring Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead next Tuesday at 9pm EST. Please check your local listings for channels and time.

Yesterday marked 2 years and 5 months since Jennifer was abducted. Please continue to keep her and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to the Kesse's and Grinstead's.

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up! I didn't know these programs were going to be on. I'll be sure to watch. I've followed both of these cases.

fran

From TV Guide Website... Tuesday, July 1st at 9pm EST/8pm CST... check local listings for times and channels

CBS 48 Hours
Episode Detail: Stolen Beauty - 48 Hours Mystery
The disappearances of two women, one a teacher and the other a financial analyst, are investigated.

This is the CBS 48 Hours show featuring Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Please be sure to tune in. Hopefully, someone will make the call that help to bring answers to the Kesse and Grinstead Families.

From TV Guide Website... Tuesday, July 1st at 9pm EST/8pm CST... check local listings for times and channels

CBS 48 Hours
Episode Detail: Stolen Beauty - 48 Hours Mystery
The disappearances of two women, one a teacher and the other a financial analyst, are investigated.

This is the CBS 48 Hours show featuring Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Please be sure to tune in. Hopefully, someone will make the call that help to bring answers to the Kesse and Grinstead Families.
Oh...I do pray it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member