FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now onto Jenn...

GBI sees possible similaritiies- possible link... young attractive successful.

described as "vibrant and full of life" by her mom, Joyce

Lauren- best friend since 2nd grade

Logan- lil brother with typical brother/sister relationship--- relationship became closer when she moved to Orlando for college and living there.

Safety Conscious- Jenn carried mace and a safety whistle. She always had her phone on her- practiced "safe calls"- called on way to car from store, car to house, etc.

All going great- recently bought condo, promoted at work, and good relationship with Rob Allen of Ft Lauderdale for 1 year.

Had just gone on vacation with Rob to St Croix-- flew back (took plane- not cruise!) on Sunday 1/22 to Ft Lauderdale where Rob lives... left Rob's at 6am on Mon 1/23 and went to work. They talked that night around 10pm when Jenn said she was going to bed.

Last time anyone heard from her.

Tuesday morning 1/24/06- mom gets call- Jenn failed to show to work

more soon

Just finished watching and can't stop crying. These cases so tug at your heart. Please someone (!!!) come forward...these families need their daughters back.
Jenn, Tara...you're in my prayers...

PS- also thought it odd the bf never said he loved her...after a year?
PPS- ex bf of Tara's looked bored talking about her (P.O.C)

She had meeting that morning- asked if there was a family emergency.

Immediately family knew something was wrong as her phone was never off.

Mom called manager of complex and asked for them to check- door locked, Jenn not there- car missing...

Mom called Logan crying- Jenn's missing-- they all left to head to Orlando- over 2 hours away...

Logan got to apartment- apartment clean/ blow dryer out/ shower wet- no signs of forced entry or struggle. Jenn's luggage still there.

Her purse, keys and cell phone are gone.

No activity on atm card, no pings...

by 7pm, police enter her missing in system and put out an alert for her and her car

Police find out that Logan and a few of his friends stayed at condo over weekend and a friend left cell phone behind..

By 11pm, police had started checking fedex locations for Jenn or her car... they id'd and checked 9 fedex locations near jenn's condo. CHecked video for footage of Jenn or her car and did not find either.

Just finished watching and can't stop crying. These cases so tug at your heart. Please someone (!!!) come forward...these families need their daughters back.
Jenn, Tara...you're in my prayers...

PS- also thought it odd the bf never said he loved her...after a year?
PPS- ex bf of Tara's looked bored talking about her (P.O.C)

I understand completely as I have lived this case for way over 2 years. With Tara's mom dying recently and that heartache I am very heartbroken. This is a very complicated.

(CBS) Tara Grinstead, an 11th grade history teacher in Ocilla, Ga., disappeared without a trace in October 2005. Three months later, another young woman, Jennifer Kesse, also vanished in Orlando, Fla.

There were some similarities in the cases, leading investigators to wonder: are these disappearances somehow linked?

Student Dana Wilder remembers feeling a sense of dread when she heard an announcement in school that teacher Tara Grinstead should report to the office.

Dana was sitting in class at Irwin County High School on that Monday, Oct. 24, 2005. "I knew something was up then. I knew Tara would just not come to school. I think it got all the student's minds worried," Dana remembers.

Besides being a beloved teacher, 30-year-old Tara was also a mentor and friend to Dana, especially when it came to Tara's passion for beauty pageants.

Just two days earlier, Dana had been at Tara's house with some other girls to get ready for a big local event in this small town, the "Miss Georgia Sweet Potato" pageant. "She was in a great mood. Which of course, whenever she did hair and makeup for any pageant girls she was in a great mood," Dana remembers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397.shtml

Thanks for the updates.
I still cannot see a link in the two cases.

By what I have read here there are many issues that were not addressed in Jennifer's case.

Fliers immediately created-- put on every door, car, passed out on corners, etc.

No trace of Jenn- no bank records, cell phone records, epass, etc.

No one heard anything..

Police said "someone like her doesn't just disappear"

she was concerned for her safety--- police determined she was abducted... door locked--- so they feel she made it outside her condo at least.

ROB NOT SUSPECT-- alibi holds up- at work and phone pings to ft lauderdale.

Car parked 1 mile away--- parked, backed up and reparked. Person stayed in car for about 35 seconds. then calmly strolls away.

Not sure if luck or calculated choice of complex.

Security camera- not streaming video-- took stills every 3 seconds...

Police still saying 5'3-5'5 (AAAGGHH!)

They feel "he"- (maybe she??!) is a painter or construction worker

Car- no blood, no struggle... DVD player left in backseat... became clear wasnt robbery, carjacking etc...

"Item of Desire was Jenn"

Dog tracked back to complex

Jenn was concerned about the workers at complex- stated they would stop and give her "leering" stares.

They were staying in units- mostly day laborers.. traveled in groups.

447 units- only half occupied when Jenn went missing. Workers allowed to live there.

"Person in photo is key to finding Jenn" per police

Lauren- her best friend- said that Jenn had a fear of being taken and not being found

OPD has received over 1000 tips from all 50 states, but still no Jenn...

GBI comparing notes- but doesnt appear that cases are related.. Kesse's is stranger abduction is what police feel.

That was all the notes I took--- I think that I'm most frustrated that they could have done SOOOO much more in Jenn's but it appears that OPD is keeping it to the vest- i.e. polygraph given to whom??? etc.

I honestly dont think it's odd that Jenn's boyfriend didn't say I love you after a year.... I have friends in the same boat... Just because he didnt say it doesnt mean anything.

I honestly dont think it's odd that Jenn's boyfriend didn't say I love you after a year.... I have friends in the same boat... Just because he didnt say it doesnt mean anything.
Thanks...as he said...he wished he had.

Thanks for succintly reporting all. I'm of the mind it was someone who was working at the condos.

Intuition.... listen to your gut... that's what I'm taking away from this

I have said from the beginning that I thought it a maintenance worker or construction worker. Nothing has changed my mind since. Given the fact that there are so many illegals this person could have been gone in a day back to their home country. The employer may never have known the person's name or been able to identify them at all.

God how I wish something- anything- would bring some sort of an answer--- ideally the miracle- but just an answer- closure for Jenn, her family and friends.

God how I wish something- anything- would bring some sort of an answer--- ideally the miracle- but just an answer- closure for Jenn, her family and friends.

I know, hon, I live these horrible cases with no closure. It is so heartbreaking.

Concernedperson has it right I do believe:

I have said from the beginning that I thought it a maintenance worker or construction worker. Nothing has changed my mind since. Given the fact that there are so many illegals this person could have been gone in a day back to their home country. The employer may never have known the person's name or been able to identify them at all.

I don't like raining on parades but there seems little hope this case will be solved, ever.
And I repeat, this program could have asked a lot more questions.

In the early days of the investigation I remember hearing there were empty condos in the vicinity of where Jennifer was living.

Since we are now aware that workers at Mosaic were allowed to live in unoccupied condos a question comes to mind.

Did any workers move into a condo right by Jennifer's one immediately before her abduction?
Is it possible that upon leaving her own condo that morning she was immediately forced into another one? Does this expain the lack of witnesses?

Was there a gang of abductors?
Did one of them, later that morning, drop the car 'down the road' at HOTG and walk back to Mosaic?

In the early days of the investigation I remember hearing there were empty condos in the vicinity of where Jennifer was living.

Since we are now aware that workers at Mosaic were allowed to live in unoccupied condos a question comes to mind.

Did any workers move into a condo right by Jennifer's one immediately before her abduction?
Is it possible that upon leaving her own condo that morning she was immediately forced into another one? Does this expain the lack of witnesses?

Was there a gang of abductors?
Did one of them, later that morning, drop the car 'down the road' at HOTG and walk back to Mosaic?
I was thinking also that there may be someone else involved with the person who calmly walked away from the car...as if he was helping to dispose of it. Did they ever find prints on that VCR(?) player in the back of the car? They said it hadn't been stolen...was it Jenn's?

LE did mention it was virtually impossible to keep track of the day laborers. Whoever did this could be long gone out of the country. Hopefully, if that's the case and there's someone who knows what may have happened, this person has a conscience and will step forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy