FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's VERY creepy that Jen's best friend said that Jen had a fear that she would be taken and never be found! It's almost like Jen had a preminition that this would happen to her.

This whole deal about day laborers is strange because I've seen day laborers in subdivision, condos, and apartments doing work and there is no report of a abduction/murder. There are Mexican day laborers all over the place and I'm sure just like any other man they may whistle at hot women but that doesn't mean they end up missing/abducted.

You think Jen just had some REALLY bad luck?

The guy who did this should be
:behindbar

In this life, if you are terribly unlucky, you cross paths with the wrong person at the wrong time.
This appears to have been Jennifer's misfortune.

Are the comments concerning the shoes on the individual seen in the tape because of the break in the shoe when the person is walking?

I thought the shoe looked like a woman's shoe. Maybe just because it was a small person with a small foot.

I thought it looked like a small person with a big foot.

In my mind it is a male. The length of stride indicates this.

i think the stride looks military, but then again it could be the delay between the image being taken...i actually thought it was a woman, except the stride is so big...I am like the others who stated it looks like there is hair tucked up under a cap.

The special said that the dogs tracked "a scent" back to Jennifer's complex, right? That the only prints in the vehicle were Jennifers, but there was 35 seconds between when the car was parked and when the person left the vehicle. I am assuming that the person was removing gloves of some kind...is there a test that picks up latex from gloves on anything? you know that surgical gloves/medical gloves have that smell and kind of residue so that hands can slip in or out? just wonderin'.

What dumb luck that person had to just happen to get caught both times with his face obstructed. God, it is so frustrating. It is amazing that whoever drove her car did not leave behind any clothing fibers, paint chips, hair, etc just from sitting in the drivers seat.

I also think it was a construction worker. This person saw her every day, they knew her movements - when she came home, they had time to scope her apt, etc. The other day one of the workers working on remodeling the apt across from me knocked on my door and since I have direct access to the fire escape he said he needed to access it for some reason or another and without a thought I let him in. I kicked myself over and over later for being so careless. It just made me think how easy it could have been for one of them to access her apartment or approach her in the parking lot.

I have always believed the person was either in her car or ambushed her once she got in the car and jumped in the backseat, put a gun to her head and told her to drive.

I agree- that was probably the two things that stuck out to me- the fact that she said that the workers would stop and leeringly stare at her which made her feel uncomfortable, and the fact that she had a fear of being taken and not being found.

Hi guys,

I'm more of a lurker than a poster here on WS, but I watched 48 Hours last night on the Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead cases, and just had to post. Seeing Jennifer's mom, dad, and brother talk about her and the pain of their loss was just heartbreaking.

The fact that she was so safety-conscious, and even told her family how she was creeped out by the construction workers just breaks my heart! Her friend said she carried mace with her, and obviously she didn't even get a chance to use it. I'm wondering if she was assaulted from behind in her car, too, and then was forced to drive somewhere. That scenario makes the most sense to me.

I just can't believe she hasn't been found yet. Hopefully, some new leads will come in from the airing of the show.

jmo

Watching the show last night I was reminded of the actress Adrienne Shelley's murder in NYC. Her killer, Diego Pilico, was a 19-year-old Equadorian worker doing work in her apt. building. He was only five feet tall. I think it's interesting that the figure in white photographed getting rid of Jennifer Kesse's car is estimated to be between 5'2" - 5'3". That seems uncommonly small for American men, right? I don't want to offend, but I wonder if the small stature of the man on the tape may add fuel to the Mexican worker theory? Is their average height lower? Just thinking out loud here... The figure on the tape seemed so slightly built to me. Is everyone in agreement that it's definitely a male?

Hi gigi and welcome to WS! I remember Adrienne Shelley's murder very well and it is reminiscent.
I don't think it is offensive or racist to suggest what you are suggesting - it is being realistic. Latino and Hispanic men tend to be of smaller stature. I live in a prodominantely Dominican neighborhood and being 5'11 I am towering over almost everyone. But on the flip side on of my best friends who is a caucasian male is 5'3 so of course there is the possibility it could be short male from any race of nationality.

I have always thought it looked like a man but I know some people have questioned the gender.

Watching the show last night I was reminded of the actress Adrienne Shelley's murder in NYC. Her killer, Diego Pilico, was a 19-year-old Equadorian worker doing work in her apt. building. He was only five feet tall. I think it's interesting that the figure in white photographed getting rid of Jennifer Kesse's car is estimated to be between 5'2" - 5'3". That seems uncommonly small for American men, right? I don't want to offend, but I wonder if the small stature of the man on the tape may add fuel to the Mexican worker theory? Is their average height lower? Just thinking out loud here... The figure on the tape seemed so slightly built to me. Is everyone in agreement that it's definitely a male?
It reminded me of that as well. It was a horrible murder.

I have always agree with it being a male, but that person is NOT that small. The foot does look large to me because of the scale to the body.

I think they need to go back to the robberies in that complex before Jenn moved in. They were robberies done with a master key (pass key).

I have always thought it was possible she was shuffled into a nearby apartment and her car was parked in a garage unit on the property until later when it could be moved.

I think they need to go back to the robberies in that complex before Jenn moved in. They were robberies done with a master key (pass key).

I have always thought it was possible she was shuffled into a nearby apartment and her car was parked in a garage unit on the property until later when it could be moved.

I think this a very important aspect of the case. Since LE didn't check all the units originally she could have been hurt there. It would be very easy for the perp to transfer her to a van designated as a work vehicle. I don't think she ever got into her car before it was found in the other close by apartment complex.I think it was moved after to derail. JMO.

I think it is a woman. The clothes to me look like what a house painter wears. The shoes look too big for the person but if they are work boots this person may have bought on sale and taken a size larger. I don't see the shoe size matching up with the body size. Also I think she was walking fast and that would make her stride wider. Think about it, when you walk fast you have a wider stride. I'm sure she was walking fast to get away from the vehicle asap. I think i definetly see hair tucked up underneath her hat.

That being said I wonder if they checked out all of Jennifers boyfriends former girlfriends. If someone was jealous and keeping track of him she woud know they just took a long vacation together and that could have sparked a jealous rage. I think for sure this person was lying in wait for Jennifer to return home. Maybe she thought she would eliminate the competition.

If the bloodhound traced the driver of the car back to the apartment building, is it likely that the person walked or rode a bike back to the complex.

I don't know the area well, but are there other surveillance videos -- even small ones on ATMs -- that might have picked up an image of the person? Is the route from the car to the apartment building a pedestrian area.

Please go to Google Earth and go to Orlando. Next put in Mall at Millenia and you will see Jenn's condo ( Mosaic ) on the north sie of the road. Next go to the east, which is right and very quickly you will see HOTG which is where her car was dropped off.
It's a straight path, just two long blocks away, on the same side of the road.
This gives an excellent view of the area between Mosaic condos and where her car was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy