FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I saw the story about Jennifer recently on CNN – did not know of it before. I went back and read most of the threads here and other news reports, watched the Dateline and 48 Hours videos, visited Jen’s website, looked at various photos, etc. Thanks for all of the information posted here to date.

After reviewing the information available, my personal opinion is that the suspect was one of the worker’s at the Mosaic condo complex. I think it was a male, maybe 18-25 years old, with a somewhat distinctive hairstyle (bowl, undercut, etc.). I do not think he was wearing a hat, again just my personal opinion. I think he abducted Jennifer as she left for work that morning in her car. I think he drove her somewhere (or made her drive), murdered her, and left her somewhere with her belongings (purse, cell phones, iPod, briefcase, etc.). I think he then drove her car to the HOTG complex, parked it, and walked back to the Mosaic complex. This was done in about 4 hours.

I saw various enhancements of the photos done by posters here – all good stuff. My first question when I looked at the original photos was, have any of the experts engaged by LE enhanced the photos to remove the bars of the gate, which are very distracting (I only saw a few references to FBI/LE unsuccessful attempts to enhance as pic became blurry). I made a very crude attempt to do something similar using MS Paint. My attempt, while horrible, does give the impression that it could be very useful if it was done by someone with this type of skill. The suspect pics are very important. I have to believe that someone with some skill could do a great job with this.

I am posting my “bad” attempt at modifying the photos just to give you an idea of what I mean. If anyone has done something already, apologies for missing it.

I also created a timeline as best I could from the info available. Not sure if anyone has already done a timeline? I would like to post it for feedback/corrections but it is rather long. Maybe I can post it as a Word file.

Attachments

• Jennifer Kesse Suspect.jpg
    Jennifer Kesse Suspect.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 47
Please do post your timeline. I would be very interested in reading your thoughts.

Thanks,
UCFAlum

Hi, thanks. Since you are very familiar with the case, I'd appreciate your feedback - corrections and filling in unknowns.

The attached document is in MS Word and includes general background info, a timeline, some pictures, a map, and reference info.

Attachments

• Jennifer Kesse Timeline.doc
    150 KB · Views: 30
Hello, I saw the story about Jennifer recently on CNN – did not know of it before. I went back and read most of the threads here and other news reports, watched the Dateline and 48 Hours videos, visited Jen’s website, looked at various photos, etc. Thanks for all of the information posted here to date.

After reviewing the information available, my personal opinion is that the suspect was one of the worker’s at the Mosaic condo complex. I think it was a male, maybe 18-25 years old, with a somewhat distinctive hairstyle (bowl, undercut, etc.). I do not think he was wearing a hat, again just my personal opinion. I think he abducted Jennifer as she left for work that morning in her car. I think he drove her somewhere (or made her drive), murdered her, and left her somewhere with her belongings (purse, cell phones, iPod, briefcase, etc.). I think he then drove her car to the HOTG complex, parked it, and walked back to the Mosaic complex. This was done in about 4 hours.

I saw various enhancements of the photos done by posters here – all good stuff. My first question when I looked at the original photos was, have any of the experts engaged by LE enhanced the photos to remove the bars of the gate, which are very distracting (I only saw a few references to FBI/LE unsuccessful attempts to enhance as pic became blurry). I made a very crude attempt to do something similar using MS Paint. My attempt, while horrible, does give the impression that it could be very useful if it was done by someone with this type of skill. The suspect pics are very important. I have to believe that someone with some skill could do a great job with this.

I am posting my “bad” attempt at modifying the photos just to give you an idea of what I mean. If anyone has done something already, apologies for missing it.

I also created a timeline as best I could from the info available. Not sure if anyone has already done a timeline? I would like to post it for feedback/corrections but it is rather long. Maybe I can post it as a Word file.

I think it is a definate possibility, but then I do not believe it happened in the am, but rather the eve of the 23rd, jmho. I think it may be a mistake to conclude that the guy who moved the car is who abducted Jenn. Note the timing of the move; lunchtime.

If he was a worker, he is moving the car when he wont be missed on the job, which starts very early. If he is taking the time to move the car over lunch, I am going to make 2 assumptions:
1) He was asked to do so by the unsub, and therefore connected that way.
2) Jenn disappeared on the 23rd, and this guy did not miss work that am.

Personally, I think a better way to go, is if they have not done so, cross reference the HOTG tenants with the condo workers. Maybe he parks the car here because of access to the woods, and maybe he parks it there in the hopes of framing somebody he does not like? I am not at all convinced that a guy is this successful hiding her for this long, and then in broad daylight moves her car; that does not make any sense to me.

I think it is a definate possibility, but then I do not believe it happened in the am, but rather the eve of the 23rd, jmho. I think it may be a mistake to conclude that the guy who moved the car is who abducted Jenn. Note the timing of the move; lunchtime.

If he was a worker, he is moving the car when he wont be missed on the job, which starts very early. If he is taking the time to move the car over lunch, I am going to make 2 assumptions:
1) He was asked to do so by the unsub, and therefore connected that way.
2) Jenn disappeared on the 23rd, and this guy did not miss work that am.

Personally, I think a better way to go, is if they have not done so, cross reference the HOTG tenants with the condo workers. Maybe he parks the car here because of access to the woods, and maybe he parks it there in the hopes of framing somebody he does not like? I am not at all convinced that a guy is this successful hiding her for this long, and then in broad daylight moves her car; that does not make any sense to me.

I truly think that Jenn was abducted the morning of the 24th. I do feel that she got up to get ready to go to work that morning, locked her front door and from there that is where the mystery begins. I also do not feel that she ever got into her own car that morning.

I do think that the person who moved the car is not necessarily the person who abducted Jenn necessarily, but that he/she has some sort of knowledge about Jenn's abduction. I feel it was someone who was threatened or paid off to move the car.

SO many thoughts and theories over the last 35 months... and definitely open to all that everyone else has to say.

Considering the close proximity to a mall parking lot... I too find the dumping spot for the car very interesting....

Did anyone figure out what clothing was missing? If she was dressed for work that clothing would probably be more noticeable than if she ran out at night in say sweats or something.

I am curious though as to why the DVD player was in the car. I'd like to know if it was in working order, or if she ever brought it to be cleaned.

I used to think it was personal and yet I now think that it was a random attack and that it may very well have been related to workers who robbed the condos.

This came out, I believe, rather recently during a documentary on Dateline (?) or something that unknown DNA was found in the vehicle.

Oh, really? DNA? That IS interesting. So the Dateline program on JK actually aired? I must have missed it. I know it was supposed to be on a few months ago but then it wasn't. I was waiting for the darn program but never even saw it advertised. I hope the DNA lead goes somewhere.

Oh, really? DNA? That IS interesting. So the Dateline program on JK actually aired? I must have missed it. I know it was supposed to be on a few months ago but then it wasn't. I was waiting for the darn program but never even saw it advertised. I hope the DNA lead goes somewhere.

They haven't said what type... but Mrs.Kesse gave a swab so that her DNA is in for a mitochondrial match to Jen's.
ALso the found DNA did not show any "hits" in the system.

I don't think her briefcase would be missing if she were abducted at night. That's too much of a stretch for me.

I truly think that Jenn was abducted the morning of the 24th. I do feel that she got up to get ready to go to work that morning, locked her front door and from there that is where the mystery begins. I also do not feel that she ever got into her own car that morning.

I do think that the person who moved the car is not necessarily the person who abducted Jenn necessarily, but that he/she has some sort of knowledge about Jenn's abduction. I feel it was someone who was threatened or paid off to move the car.

SO many thoughts and theories over the last 35 months... and definitely open to all that everyone else has to say.

I absolutely hear what you are saying, but for me, the chances of a broad daylight abduction, zero witnesses to either an altercation, abduction, or the car move within a very specific and tight window do not add up to a random, unplanned act. I completely agree with Cloud the scent is of the Perp, and if so, speaks to an accomplice after the fact. So, if her car is never moved until then, does it make sense she got in it with no-one to see anything with everything going on there?

I truly believe that the fact that she was away, was a catalyst to someone wanting to harm her, and that makes it personal. There is just not enough exclusions so far that I am aware of to point to either theory with any clarity. I also agree the briefcase missing is a stretch, however, if you add it up, anything that could ID her was gone, and the DVD player in the car stayed.. why?

The profiler .... could be but it doesn't add up in my mind.

Why did the suspect pull in and then back up and park the car perfectly in the spot? And then sit there for 30 seconds before he got out and locked the door.
Why not leave the doors unlocked if he wanted someone to steal the car?

I think this person was told to ditch the car and he took it to the farthest point that he could comfortably walk back.

As for the suspect knowing which car belonged to Jennifer in her parking lot at Mosiac?
She could have been grabbed at he car or the suspect saw her condo number on the parking stone in front of her car.

~

Or it was elsewhere from the night before and he dropped it off, walking to his pick up or job. He may not have had a clue what he was asked to do.
I dont see someone doing that in broad daylight fully aware that vehicle is associated with a crime.

Moreover, just throwing this out there, perhaps he pulls in, thinks about impressing whomever tasked him with such an errand, and decides to park differently to "please". Now that I have said that, does Fla have plates on front and back or just rear, if just rear, I just changed my opinion mid-post!

Florida plates are just rear. Just because there were workers in the condo does not exclude the daytime abduction in my mind. Also, if she was indeed going to drop off the cellphone via fedex or post office or what not, she probably left a bit earlier then normal. The fact that on her floor alone out of the 4 condos only 2 were occupied... and her neighbor was not in town. So that was no one on her floor to witness anything. I just keep leading to the fact that she was abducted in the am.

They haven't said what type... but Mrs.Kesse gave a swab so that her DNA is in for a mitochondrial match to Jen's.
ALso the found DNA did not show any "hits" in the system.

I don't think her briefcase would be missing if she were abducted at night. That's too much of a stretch for me.

Dateline NBC did a story back in May of 2007 I believe.. they were suppose to do an update that never aired. CBS 48 Hours did a story in July 2008. Also, CNN Prime News did a story on it Christmas Eve and New Years Eves.

I absolutely hear what you are saying, but for me, the chances of a broad daylight abduction, zero witnesses to either an altercation, abduction, or the car move within a very specific and tight window do not add up to a random, unplanned act. I completely agree with Cloud the scent is of the Perp, and if so, speaks to an accomplice after the fact. So, if her car is never moved until then, does it make sense she got in it with no-one to see anything with everything going on there?

I truly believe that the fact that she was away, was a catalyst to someone wanting to harm her, and that makes it personal. There is just not enough exclusions so far that I am aware of to point to either theory with any clarity. I also agree the briefcase missing is a stretch, however, if you add it up, anything that could ID her was gone, and the DVD player in the car stayed.. why?

Drive,
When I first started reading, I wondered if something happened at night as well.

What led me to believe it was in the AM was:

Jennifer left Rob's house about 6AM on Monday to drive to work. She had a full day. When she spoke to him about 10PM Mon night, she was either in bed or close to it. Rob said she was tired and had a long day at work.

The next day her condo was described as:
  • There was nothing amiss in her condo - make-up out on the counter, hair dryer, what Jennifer wore to bed the night before on the bathroom floor, bed not made, a couple of outfits strewn on her bed, typical for Jen according to her mother. "Clean apartment. Shower was wet. Blow dryer out. Clothes on her bed. Other than that, the apartment was completely normal."

Florida plates are just rear. Just because there were workers in the condo does not exclude the daytime abduction in my mind. Also, if she was indeed going to drop off the cellphone via fedex or post office or what not, she probably left a bit earlier then normal. The fact that on her floor alone out of the 4 condos only 2 were occupied... and her neighbor was not in town. So that was no one on her floor to witness anything. I just keep leading to the fact that she was abducted in the am.

Thanks. I was wondering how many tenants were around that day.

And yes, could have been several scenarios, but the thing I keep thinking is - we know that person on the video drove her car, is connected in some way and is a criminal. So I think the focus needs to be on identifying that person. I would get that photo enhanced and plaster that everywhere and pound the pavement with it. I wonder (as we all do) what the interviews were with the condo management, supervisors, workers, tenants, etc. Somebody knows this person...

Did someone say workers were let go or left shortly after Jan 24th? I thought I read that somewhere.

Drive,
When I first started reading, I wondered if something happened at night as well.

What led me to believe it was in the AM was:

Jennifer left Rob's house about 6AM on Monday to drive to work. She had a full day. When she spoke to him about 10PM Mon night, she was either in bed or close to it. Rob said she was tired and had a long day at work.

The next day her condo was described as:
  • There was nothing amiss in her condo - make-up out on the counter, hair dryer, what Jennifer wore to bed the night before on the bathroom floor, bed not made, a couple of outfits strewn on her bed, typical for Jen according to her mother. "Clean apartment. Shower was wet. Blow dryer out. Clothes on her bed. Other than that, the apartment was completely normal."

I do think UCF is correct that am abduction or worker cannot be excluded, but that's the point, there is an ABSENCE of evidence providing a definate scenario. You have the bf worried y 9 am, the family is called shortly thereafter, full panic mode by 11 am.

I have been to this condo. Even if there is one person in it, in contrast to 1/2 full, her condo and hallway, external exits, do NOT have a blindspot. I have been researching the stats and probability of this crime happening as it is "perceived" right now, with very slim results. Agreed is possible of course, and am open, but something does not fit. At the risk of sounding obvious, if it did, she would have been found. If it is the worker, and it was the am, that strictly limits the logistics of where she could be, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches