FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about how Jennifer was left out in the open, if you will, just off the path of the trail at this horse trail. I noticed in a lot of these cases, when the body is left to be found, that in a great number of them, it is a person not really "connected" to the victim. I mean that they are not related, by blood, or so close to the inner circle of the child that LE jumps on them as a POI. This person had to be close enough to Jennifer that she would trust them to give her a lift but yet, far enough removed from her circle that he just wasn't a consideration. I have searched to see if there were any other crimes in or around the area that resemble her killing, but haven't found any. So I go back and forth between a young man who she knew but maybe not her parents, and someone in her inner circle, but he was just not a POI, for what ever reason. Anyway I hope that break comes before Feburary of 2013.

What if he was a "Snow Bird"? He could have been some one who was young, maybe 17 or 18, out of school, or quit, and came down here with his parents for the winter. He could have had a job, tending horses, working in a stable or giving riding lessons in the winter, and then going back up North for the summer. He could have known her casualy, but enough to offer her a ride up to her house, and she would except, without fear.

Just thinking about Jennifer, and hoping her case gets solved.

Bumping for Jennifer....

Praying new Detective finds what he needs to make an arrest.

Thinking of you Jennifer. Hoping this is the year of answers for you and your family.

Thanks Kate for posting this link, I missed the article. They said in the article that they even offered a $20,000 reward for infomation. You would think that would get someone to say something about this case, wouldn't you? They have playing cards with her case and photos for the inmates, but nothing. I really think she knew this person, but not real well, just well enough to accept a ride to the top of the driveway. I don't think he ever did this again, at least not in FL, and I bet the family knew him in passing, maybe not at all. I don't think he has a record, but I would bet he told someone what happened and said it was an accident. He didn't mean to kill her. At least these are my thoughts on her case today. Thanks for helping to keep her story alive. She was so cute and just 12 yrs old, what a heart wrenching thing to go though.

Hi, all. I came across this article about Lee Cannon, who was the Sheriff at the time of Jennifer's murder. It's basically about his thoughts - 20 years later, on the "No Name Storm".

But he talks of Jennifer, too.

"Twenty years dim memories, but not these.
Lee Cannon will never forget.
In his first two months as Pasco's sheriff, his deputies investigated the biggest fire in our history and a heartbreaking murder of a 12-year-old girl who had just stepped off her school bus. Then in the third month, as if the news could not get any worse, a squall line formed in the Gulf of Mexico and slammed into our shore, filling hundreds of homes with four feet of water."

He ends the interview talking about Jennifer -

"He's especially pleased that the sheriff in Hernando County, Al Nienhuis, recently appointed a full time detective to the murder of Jennifer Odom. The 12-year-old disappeared shortly after stepping off her school bus in St. Joseph's on Feb. 19, 1993. A couple hiking near a horse trail 10 miles north in Hernando County came upon her body six days later."

"Twenty years dim memories. But as the old sheriff said, "Somebody out there knows something. It only takes a spark of information.''"

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...orm-remains-strong-for-former-sheriff/2108496

I was watching a true crime show and it just never ceases to amaze me that the killer told someone what he did and that person doesn't say a word until they have to cut a deal. In the case I saw it was over 10 yrs that a man killed a woman, told his gf and a close friend and neither one said a word for 10 yrs. So I think the Sheriff is right, someone knows what happened, they just have to think the time is right to tell what they know.

I found some valuable information today on our WS resource thread; Guide to Google Maps from WS member Sasquatch - huge thank you to her.

Google Earth has a tool that allows you to go back in time and see the images yrs ago, some back to 1940 I read.

I decided to go back to the date the book bag and case were found just to see if I could spot a likely place behind the Oak Hill Hospital. Well talk about a day late and a dollar shot; I read that LE got the items that were found by people looking for scrap metal on or around January 25, 1995. The Google Earth went back to February 6th, 1995. Are you kidding me? The images are not real clear, but I thought about the boots, purse, cloths that were never found, so it was worth a look see.

Hi Sleuthster,

I hope someone came forward with a creditable tip for them. Fox13 just showed them at the lake with divers. It has been 20 yrs it is time to give this family and Jennifer Justice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusyQ
Back