FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe that truck has never been found. Given the bumper was spray painted silver you would think someone would have known some one with a truck like that.

Ive always thought it was a drifter or someone new to the area that wasnt known by anyone.

If they are looking for a vehicle, now, what other vehicle could possibly be tied to this crime, and jennifer, after 20 years?

It sounds like they have a positive lead and if they find what theyve been told exists down there, they have a reliable witness who knows who did it.

I hope for jennifers family that they find it. Id love to wake up one morning this week and be greeted with the news that an arrest has been made.

Interesting thing, they are searching the lake right behind a specific residence according to the St Pete Times. http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...es-chasing-lead-in-jennifer-odom-case/2127291

According to property tax records only one owner since built in 1958 and is listed under an estate but it appears a Jr lives there in his 60's. Media says it was a recent tip. Speculating here but I wonder if someone went diving or snorkeling in the lake and saw something, possibly a truck.

It is a neighborhood of expensive homes and I don't see on the video of the search where someone could just encroach their property and dump something back there unless they lived there or knew the owner. Not exactly a road back there, just a large yard and boat house.

There's a lot of good information in that article, including a timeline. They also name a couple of names.

Looks like they updated it at 6 am today. Interestingly that is the name I got from the property appraisers website (well the shortened version of his first name). Didn't find any prev arrests or anything in pasco or pinellas.

Looks like they updated it at 6 am today. Interestingly that is the name I got from the property appraisers website (well the shortened version of his first name). Didn't find any prev arrests or anything in pasco or pinellas.

Wow, I never heard that name before, are we allow to discuss it since they questioned him and it is in MSM articles? Or at least the property since the address is in the article?

I was going to say, it's also interesting that his family did not own that property til 98.

However, digging further into the property records, a company called Al-Mar Groves owned it. They also owned 2 other properties in Dade City. All were quit claimed deeded to Kiefer Sr., or the pharmacy, in 98 thru a merger.

A quick net search of Al-Mar Groves leads to a Margaret Kiefer.

So, these properties have been in the family for some time. The Dad died in 2002.

I've never heard this Kiefer's name before. He would have been 44 at the time Jennifer was killed.

Local pharmacist, leader Alfred Kiefer Sr. dies at 83

Mr. Kiefer was also active in running the town of Saint Leo, serving as commissioner in the 1960s and early 1970s and as mayor from 1968-70.
Childhood friend Leo Derosier remembered working with Mr. Kiefer as a caddie at the old Lake Jovita golf course and that later he was a fine second baseman on the town baseball team, the San Antonio Wildcats

Kiefer's Pharmacy closed in 1994. Mr. Kiefer also established Kiefer's Sporting Goods, which closed in 1998, and Kiefer Village Jewels.

He is survived by his wife, Margaret, whom he met in first grade

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/18/Pasco/Local_pharmacist__lea.shtml

I don't know guys, now I'm thinking Martha Moxley here.

Why was this Al Kiefer Jr. ever questioned?

I am curious how long he's been in Alaska.

Also wondering if LE found that he had a truck similar to the one witnesses saw at the bus stop and if they can't find it now so this lead to the search.

I am curious how long he's been in Alaska.

Also wondering if LE found that he had a truck similar to the one witnesses saw at the bus stop and if they can't find it now so this lead to the search.

An older model work truck isn't really fitting in with him, ykwim? But this Al-Mar groves makes me think of orange groves. However, I can't find any information on it. If the family owned any type of working property, then I would expect them to have older work trucks.

Jennifer was found in an orange grove, that just gave me the shivers. AOK Jr is also listed as a Director for the Al-Mar Groves. Eerie coincidence? Wonder who owned that orange grove.

Well Alaska is about as far away from FL you can get.....

I google the name and only one corporation pops up, but there is a name I have seen before connected to the family and they live one street over from Pompanic St. This is a small town so lots of people use the same people to set up business, they use the same attorneys and same business people, so that is why I am seeing some similar names, but that means they ran in the same circles.

How does a man, prominent in his community, with no criminal record, end up getting questioned in the murder of a 12 yo girl? That's my burning question of the day. I'm dying to know why or how he was picked up by LE radar. And now, 20 years later, the lake is being searched.

SAN ANTONIO, Florida -- Early Wednesday morning, detectives and crime scene evidence technicians are expected to gather at a lake front home for the second day in a row. They expect to pull a large item out of Lake Jovita that may be related to the unsolved murder of Jennifer Odom.

Dale Kirby, a father born and raised in this community, remembers Jennifer Odom's disappearance like it was yesterday.

"He watched members of local law enforcement as well as the FBI focus their attention on some large object in the calm waters. He says their presence left him hopeful for some answers."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories...-potential-new-evidence-in-Jennifer-Odom-case

This article makes it sound like they have found something.

The address Alfred was living at was a half mile from the area I believe Jennifer was abducted from.

Then rolls the truck into the lake where his parents own property.

Idk. The whole thing is weird. I hope they find the truck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back