FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have questions, if anyone local to Pasco/Hernando knows it, please chime in.

4H clubs in 1990's were the clubs divided up by girl/boy? Or was it one club, boys and girls working together and competing? Who worked with the 4H clubs (adults) with the kids?

Did the local pharmacy deliver? Would there still be records of any delivery or employees? I thought that maybe someone stopped by and offered a ride to the top of the road because they had a RX delivery for someone. Or perhaps they wanted to borrow something related to a common activity, like skiing. That would be a way to get someone to just get in a truck and not think anything of it.

I found the answer to my second question in this obit about AK's dad. They delivered RX to people's home when they were sick.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/18/Pasco/Local_pharmacist__lea.shtml

Just for the sake of a plausible theory, lets say AK drove past JO bus stop on his way to the Hunt Club, which would go directly past her road from Lake Jovita home. He could have used the excuse of dropping off a RX to a member of the family and asked JO if she needed a ride to the top of the driveway to her home. She knew him, so he is not a stranger and I can see her thinking it is safe to get in his truck. So what if he took her to the hunt club address, knowing it was vacant and secluded. I looked at it on Google Earth in the 1995 view and it is surrounded by trees and nothing around it as far as homes or people. There is also a lake near by, if you wanted to dump stuff that you didn't want found. So here is some of my objections, cause you know I have them, why use your own truck and do it in broad daylight knowing someone could ID you? The family is well known and he had to be too because of his involvement in the community and barefoot water skiing competitions. Could he have borrowed the truck? Could it have belonged to a worker? But then you have the risk of them saying you borrowed, if they knew. I think using an excuse of delivering a Rx would be good because if you are ID'd You have to have a good reason for being on that road that day. It would have been a huge risk for someone that was so well known. For this reason and the fact he has no arrests or any history of this nature, could this just be one lead that they had to follow?

I'm on board with that being a plausible theory. This hunt club address is on a private road and in an isolated spot where he could carry out the crime and take his time carrying it out and/or switch vehicles to avoid the heat of the search. Not to mention the hunt club dissolves a few months after the murder, maybe to keep the other members off the site? Food for thought.

Another thing to consider - maybe the blue truck just happened to be the most conspicuous vehicle everybody noticed that afternoon? There seemed to be plenty of vehicles in the groves at that time of year. Who's to say somebody in a non-descript car wasn't in the vicinity or passing by (perhaps a delivery, as you suggested)?

I've just always thought too much stock was put into the phantom blue truck.

*** One additional thought: Jennifer had only been walking home alone from the bus for a a few weeks, which had prompted her mother to instruct her on an escape plan. Could AK or someone else they knew have been privy to the info that she would now be getting off the bus alone. Was he in the loop at that time?

*** One additional thought: Jennifer had only been walking home alone from the bus for a a few weeks, which had prompted her mother to instruct her on an escape plan. Could AK or someone else they knew have been privy to the info that she would now be getting off the bus alone. Was he in the loop at that time?

snipped for space

If anyone drove past the bus stop they would know in a short time she was walking alone. Also give the "network" of information and it being a small town, I would say "yes" it is possible he could have known.

Jerry Lee Fletcher insisted on getting a used car.
snipped below

The McCune family reported her missing the afternoon of Good Friday. Her body, wrapped in blankets, wearing only a torn blouse and cut bra, with a sash around her neck, was found Saturday, April 21, on the edge of what was then known as Swan Lake Cemetery.

The sash and blankets, testimony at Fletcher's trial would later reveal, had been stolen from the trailer directly across the street from where he had been staying. A bed in the burglarized trailer also had blood stains on the sheets, and the residents found a curious clipping of a used car classified advertisement they could not explain.

Men who were working with Fletcher at the time testified he had been obsessed with finding a used car and bugged them to take him to see one for sale with the company van.

Read more: http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1633037...a-cold-case-finds-way-to-Peoria#ixzz2YvJEfoMy

So if the blue truck was used in her kidnapping the killer could have borrowed the care or brought it out of the county or out of state for that matter. It could have sat unused for yrs, hidden on a property until he planned to use it that day.

Here's a re-hash of Skully's videos in which they made the ride from Jennifer's bus stop (where she was abducted) to the horse trail off of Powell Rd in Hernando County (site where body was found). I've combined the videos and added a few personal notations.

Thanks again for all of Skully's hard work in creating the original videos and also for permission to create my own version for YouTube. Hopefully many more people will see this great piece of the puzzle.

Please adjust the quality to HD for best viewing!

JENNIFER ODOM'S LAST RIDE - YouTube

I found this vintage video footage of 1991 Footstock competition. Jennifer competed in the National BFW competition in 1992. If you freeze the frame at :44 and 4:26 you will see just the back end of a blue pickup with a hitch pulling a boat or flat bed of some kind. I don't think this is the blue truck, but I do think there is a photo of it out there somewhere at the 1992 competition.

http://footstock2013.com/videos/

I was thinking about why someone "if" they knew something about a child murder, wouldn't come forward. And of course it dawned on me, that they stand to lose a lot. If that person was in anyway connected to a child killer they would be possibly lose friends and support in the community. If that person was relying on a killer for financial security, they would lose that as well. But I have hope that if that person is out there, they are coming to terms with how badly this case needs solved. I would hope they would put their financial needs behind the emotional needs of a family to get some kind of answers and justice for their daughter. JMO

Armed with patience and science, cold case detectives persevere

The office is stacked high with boxes of files. In those files are thousands of pages of tips and records, all of which Detective Jim Boylan hopes will lead, just maybe, to answers in the 20 cold cases he pores over daily...

But Williamson said he won't quit until he cracks one case in particular: Jennifer Odom, the 12-year-old girl who was abducted from her bus stop in Pasco County in 1993 and murdered, her body dumped south of Brooksville. Last year, Sheriff Al Nienhuis appointed a detective to work full time on that investigation. In the cold case office, the girl's picture is pinned on a bulletin board next to those of Boylan's own children.

Just thinking about Jennifer and her family. Another year has passed and still no one is coming forward to speak for her. Praying for answers still.

Bumping for the anniversary. Just so sad this is still so cold...... I thought for sure last year with the Lake being searched and a name thrown out, (which is so crazy since nothing was ever named for 30 yrs) that it was heating up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back