GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally think that he will not get away with a self-defense claim. I do not know what charges they have in Maine, but I would think that he could possibly get away with manslaughter vs murder. I do also think that he should be charged with tampering with the crime scene and the body.

Jerry was obviously not a choir boy, but he deserves justice just the same.

BBM This! Jerry is a murder victim. Just like rape victims. It doesn't matter if you are a prostitute, if you say no, it's no! Just because Jerry was dealing drugs does not mean he doesn't deserve justice!

On the other hand, the self-defense claim. I do believe he may be in a good position to get a plea deal for lesser charges. A jury is not going to like Jerry. Jerry is an ultimate betrayal to any community. Much like priests who molest children. They may find in DP's favor? If I was the State, I bargain with DP. If DP was smart, he'll work with the State.

As for the fire department not wanting to be involved with the funeral, I can not say I blame them. What Jerry was doing was an ultimate betrayal to them too. Their job is to protect and to serve. They've probably been called to numerous drug overdoses from prescription pills and here one of their own was selling these very dangerous drugs. They are probably under investigation themselves which could also be the reason they are seperating themselves from Jerry.

I have no problem with Jerry not getting a hero's funeral. He didn't die a hero. He died a drug dealer. He still deserves justice!

I have found a picture of Lisa and she is quite beautiful.

I am not quite sure I believe Mr. Porter. He is trying to save his hyde, and he is going to make his claims as spectacular as he can.

If you read the affidavit, they ask Jerry's brother if he has ever been to Maine. I have wondered about that item in the affidavit for quite some time. I wonder if they are leading into the investigation with that question.
Do you have a link for the affidavit, please? I have missed it if it's been posted here. TIA
Are you of the opinion that LE is thinking that the brother may have been involved with the pill dealing, also? That will be so sad, too, if true. To know that your brother was killed while doing something the two schemed together to do.
Money is always a strong motivator for making the wrong choices.
Do you guys think there's any chance he could successfully claim self-defense considering his actions after the fact? And if he does claim self-defense and wins... could he still get jail time for tampering with a crime scene/hiding the body?
I hope not since he hid the body and wouldn't tell where it or the gun was.

MOO

Still no info on the gun... Porter's or Perdomo's? I would really like to know if Jerry was killed with his own gun. If it was Porter's gun, where is Perdomo's gun? Probably not all that important in the grand scheme of things but I'm curious to know how that all went down.

I also feel deeply for Tonya, whether she knew what he was going to Maine for or not. It had to be horrible to sit there and listen to the girlfriend testify and hear the accusations re: CN. What a mess!

Speaking of guns...
I assume Porter's gun was registered since it was bought from a gun store and it would be interesting to know if Perdomo's gun was also legally bought and registered.

Do you have a link for the affidavit, please? I have missed it if it's been posted here. TIA
Are you of the opinion that LE is thinking that the brother may have been involved with the pill dealing, also? That will be so sad, too, if true. To know that your brother was killed while doing something the two schemed together to do.
Money is always a strong motivator for making the wrong choices.

I hope not since he hid the body and wouldn't tell where it or the gun was.

MOO

Here is the affidavit:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Af...rest/-/1637132/9149936/-/c6xnvfz/-/index.html

30. On 2-27-12, Sgt. Troy Gardner told your affiant that he spoke with Gerardo Perdomo, father of Jerry Perdomo. Gerardo claims that he only has two sons, Alex and Jerry, and Alex is currently alive. Sgt. Gardner spoke with Alex Perdomo and he denied ever being in the State of Main.

I am not certain what to make of this, but it did raise my curiosity.

I have found a picture of Lisa and she is quite beautiful.

I am not quite sure I believe Mr. Porter. He is trying to save his hyde, and he is going to make his claims as spectacular as he can.

If you read the affidavit, they ask Jerry's brother if he has ever been to Maine. I have wondered about that item in the affidavit for quite some time. I wonder if they are leading into the investigation with that question.

My interpretation of the questioning of the brother of JP was to rule him out of being the source of the (blood) DNA profile. The profile was consistent with the "male offspring of JP's father" In order for probable cause, they had to rule out the only other male offspring and that is why they asked if he had ever been to Maine.
It has been several days since I have read the affidavit, but that is what I concluded.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/friend-perdomo-says-porters-claims-are-lies/nLPwL/

Confusing article? I don't know if Jerry's friend contradicts himself or not? I wonder if this is the same friend who was anonymous in the earlier articles? In the first article he said only close friends and family knew Jerry was dealing drugs. The second article said that no one knew Jerry was selling drugs. This friend seems to know an awful lot... if it's the same "friend." If I were police, I would be on him like white on rice!

bob kealing ‏ @bobkealing

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Amazing allegations that murdered Florida fireman #jerryperdomo ran 1,500 prescription pills a month to #Maine and acted like a there.

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

BBM This! Jerry is a murder victim. Just like rape victims. It doesn't matter if you are a prostitute, if you say no, it's no! Just because Jerry was dealing drugs does not mean he doesn't deserve justice!

On the other hand, the self-defense claim. I do believe he may be in a good position to get a plea deal for lesser charges. A jury is not going to like Jerry. Jerry is an ultimate betrayal to any community. Much like priests who molest children. They may find in DP's favor? If I was the State, I bargain with DP. If DP was smart, he'll work with the State.

As for the fire department not wanting to be involved with the funeral, I can not say I blame them. What Jerry was doing was an ultimate betrayal to them too. Their job is to protect and to serve. They've probably been called to numerous drug overdoses from prescription pills and here one of their own was selling these very dangerous drugs. They are probably under investigation themselves which could also be the reason they are seperating themselves from Jerry.

I have no problem with Jerry not getting a hero's funeral. He didn't die a hero. He died a drug dealer. He still deserves justice!
I am in total agreement that Jerry was the ultimate betrayal to his profession and the department in particular. He did not die a hero by any means. However, he does deserve for the truth to come out at a trial. Hopefully there won't be a plea bargain and everything can be put before an unbiased jury to decide Porter's fate.

MOO

Still can't quite accept Porter's allegations of what Jerry said regarding the $500.00 without also thinking he is trying to justify the shooting and support his self-defense claim. Even if Jerry did make that statement, was he holding a gun to Porter or threatening his life?

:waitasec:

MOO

And this is why I think a plea bargain would be the best way to go in a case like this. We know they both had guns. We know there are reports from January of both men threatening each other. DP bought a gun of his own after these threats. Jerry's mistress states that Jerry left the house with the gun. Giving DP a very good reason, in the jury's eyes, to have bought his own gun.

A plea deal would guarantee DP be held responsible for Jerry's death. I myself cannot say whether I believe it was self defense or not. I've never leaned so far in the direction of the shooter before? I have always been able to see things clearly. This case has me baffled because I honestly don't know if Jerry wasn't the actual aggressor when he was shot?

I think that a jury may be just as torn as I am and I would hate for DP not to be held responsible at all because HE IS responsible for Jerry's death and should be punished.

I'm with you LolaMoon. Something tells me Jerry was leading a double life, quite successfully for awhile at that.

This article is from Friday and has some good info on the RX drug problems in both FL and Maine.

Sixty people died in drug-related deaths in Maine in 2000, but by 2009 that number had increased to 179, according to data collected by Marcella Sorg, a University of Maine forensic anthropologist.

An average of seven people a day die in Florida by overdosing on diverted prescription drugs, Keith Kameg, spokesman for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Most of the drug overdose deaths in both states involve people mixing more than one drug, Sorg said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/...ine-puts-focus-on-interstate-95-drug-running/

Bangor woman who reported Florida firefighter missing now wanted

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/...da-firefighter-missing-now-wanted/?ref=latest

Bangor resident Lisa Gould, a friend of the Florida firefighter who was killed last month in a drug-related homicide, is wanted for failing to show up for court Tuesday morning on an unrelated theft charge.

P.S. Photo in this article, not the same Lisa I saw previously (or she doesn't look as pretty as a previous picture any way!)

Bangor woman who reported Florida firefighter missing now wanted

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/...da-firefighter-missing-now-wanted/?ref=latest

P.S. Photo in this article, not the same Lisa I saw previously (or she doesn't look as pretty as a previous picture any way!)

Wow! I hope she is not "unintentionally" missing?? That's a very minor charge not to show up for court for?

ETA: I see she has a habit of not appearing? Maybe she is okay and just didn't go? Hope they find her soon!

Wow! I hope she is not "unintentionally" missing?? That's a very minor charge not to show up for court for?

ETA: I see she has a habit of not appearing? Maybe she is okay and just didn't go? Hope they find her soon!

:moo: :moo: :moo: I would bet that she is trying to stay "hidden" because she knows that the investigation into Jerry's death has turned into a drug investigation as well. I would bet that Lisa is shaking in her boots for any / all illegal activities that she may involved in as well. IMHO Lisa was likely very involved in Jerry's activities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back