GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the employees of the Gate store testified she said, when at the doorway, "Michael, what did you do?" SO she knew he did something pretty bad, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a beautiful courtroom. One of the nicest I have seen.
For what the courthouse cost us Duval County taxpayers, I'm glad at least folks think ithe courtrooms are pretty. Original budget $190K in 2000, final budget/cost around $250K and it wasn't even ADA compliant when it finally opened in 2012. :(

Nope. No redirect. I'm disappointed too.

Thanks, gxm. Imo, that was a dereliction of duty on the part of the prosecution team. jmo, and all that. Sometimes you have to sink down to Strolla level nonsense, sympathetic witness or not, to convict the killer. What a shame.

Thanks, gxm. Imo, that was a dereliction of duty on the part of the prosecution team. jmo, and all that. Sometimes you have to sink down to Strolla level nonsense, sympathetic witness or not, to convict the killer. What a shame.

Sure missing Juan Martinez. I know people always say that, but he's just the best. Sometimes I feel like these prosecutors are rushing.

The other thing that spoke volumes to me is that they would leave Dunn's son's wedding early to take care of the dog. Who does that? It was not simply a friend's wedding, it was his Son's wedding. That also spoke to me about the relationship he must have had with his kids.
IIRC, I think I'd read shortly after Dunn's arrest that he and his son had been estranged and had reconciled recently before the wedding, but I'll have to dig up the old links.

Thanks for all the updates, peeps! How long did Sprolla spend on questioning the GF?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the updates, peeps! How long did Sprolla spend on questioning the GF?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Too long, he basically turned her into his witness. Video should be up on youtube by now.

ciao

Thanks for the updates, everyone.
Couldn't watch today, but will be here on Monday. So, no re-examination of the GF? Wonder why? Coming back to her because they thought she was too upset? Hope so.
She has a lot of explaining to do, and I don't think she did it yet. jmo
See you all on Monday.

Both of them should have been on a joint trial. This defense kills me lmao he does not stop bickering on. It's very amusing to me the points he tries to make. Don't justify a Damn thing

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

IMHO, I don't think the girlfriend is afraid of MD, I think she's afraid of being charged as an accessory after the fact.
JMO

Exactly. My guess she has immunity for her testimony as given in her statement. If she testifies to anything other than what she stated she could be charged. That could be why she is a mess. It appears the State is trying to keep her from self-incrimination with defense's cross. She looks terrified every time the State objects. When you read the letters MD wrote to her from jail it appears he is trying to manipulate her testimony.

Within the course of two hours at the wedding she had had 3 or 4 rum and cokes, a glass of red wine and a glass of champagne and defense is asking her to judge whether or not MD was sober enough to drive.

jmo

I believe they must have. She seemed too upset to continue. jmo

I just listened to the video. The Judge asked if she could be EXcused and the State said yes, subject to recall.

eta: Gah! EXCUSED, not ACCUSED omg

As transfixed as I was with the GFs testimony, I realized today that I don't recall either side asking her about the fictitious weapon that only Dunn claims to have seen. Is that true? Is this a hot button with this witness that everyone is avoiding?

Witness after witness has testified that they never saw the teens with a weapon or anything in their hands (although IIRC Tevin Thompson says Jordan was holding his cell phone). I guess the big question is gonna be: will the GF lie and say Dunn told her the teens had a weapon. Or did I miss this line of questioning during the GF's testimony yesterday?

IMO, one thing that the prosecution has made clear is that the three surviving victims are very lucky that they did not suffer serious injury. Not one of the three survivors exchanged words with Dunn and, yet, he showed hateful and heartless disregard for their lives. He fired three shots into Tevin Thompson's door and barely missed Tommy Storns' head. IMO, the attempted murder charges are rock solid. Is my observation accurate that Strolla doesn't seem to be trying to argue against those charges? It's almost like he's treating those as a given.

As transfixed as I was with the GFs testimony, I realized today that I don't recall either side asking her about the fictitious weapon that only Dunn claims to have seen. Is that true? Is this a hot button with this witness that everyone is avoiding?

Witness after witness has testified that they never saw the teens with a weapon or anything in their hands (although IIRC Tevin Thompson says Jordan was holding his cell phone). I guess the big question is gonna be: will the GF lie and say Dunn told her the teens had a weapon. Or did I miss this line of questioning during the GF's testimony yesterday?

I believe she told police in questioning that there was no mention of a weapon, IIRC. So she'd be contradicting herself there.

I'm breaking down each witness' testimony on my Youtube account. I haven't gotten very far yet, I'm still on the first day, but for future reference you might want to look. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyf5vDg8ngPjHlo9l29Dwqw/videos

I just finished listening to the police interview with Rhonda Rouer and she DEFINITELY stated that Dunn never mentioned a gun. According to her, he also never expressed any concern that "the thugs" would come looking for him at the hotel. In fact, she stated that he left the gun in the glove compartment, had no other weapons on him, and had no qualms about going right outside the hotel with the dog. I suspect that the defense doesn't want the prosecution to drag out any part of that interview video since the girlfriend's demeanor is as calm as a cucumber throughout and that was merely 4 1/2 days after the murder. There was something very fishy about that performance on the stand yesterday as opposed to the taped interview/sworn statement with JSO detectives. It almost felt like Battered Wife Syndrome or something on the stand, but she was NOT like that in the interview at all. MOO

I just finished listening to the police interview with Rhonda Rouer and she DEFINITELY stated that Dunn never mentioned a gun. According to her, he also never expressed any concern that "the thugs" would come looking for him at the hotel. In fact, she stated that he left the gun in the glove compartment, had no other weapons on him, and had no qualms about going right outside the hotel with the dog. I suspect that the defense doesn't want the prosecution to drag out any part of that interview video since the girlfriend's demeanor is as calm as a cucumber throughout and that was merely 4 1/2 days after the murder. There was something very fishy about that performance on the stand yesterday as opposed to the taped interview/sworn statement with JSO detectives. It almost felt like Battered Wife Syndrome or something on the stand, but she was NOT like that in the interview at all. MOO

She could be afraid of contempt charges should she stray from her testimony. MD tried to "go over her statement again" in his jailhouse letters to her. What he said to her was redacted so we can't view it. At one point when defense was asking her about guns she looks terrified with her fists up to her mouth. It appears she is afraid of the next question Dunn's attorney is going to attempt to ask her.

Also I have a question I'm not sure of. When did RR go from just his girlfriend to his fiancée? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member