GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a great trial, I am enjoying it all and hoping for a guilty verdict. Forgotten all about Amanda Hayes, as their is still no mention of how she was involved lmao. Anyway good points from everyone above. I agree about the GF being scarred of putting her foot in it, although she seems honest most of the time but Dunn has that face on him, like your next!!!! LOL

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

They may recall her just after MD testifies if he does. If he doesn't she'll be recalled anyway. JMO

I finally watched what I missed yesterday. The judge said she was dismissed for today (yesterday) so I guess it is understood that she will be recalled. They didn't let her testify about anything that MD said about the weapon or anything else he said. What about the letters he wrote to her from jail? When/are those going to be introduced as evidence?

[video=youtube;PYoCbldYkiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYoCbldYkiQ[/video]

They may recall her just after MD testifies if he does. If he doesn't she'll be recalled anyway. JMO

She needs to be recalled , how could the prosecutor not follow-up on that leading cross exam?

Also her performance was just over dramatic imo. If this is all that we hear from her, she should have been charged. Her story doesn't pass the smell test imo. All jmo

ciao

I believe she told police in questioning that there was no mention of a weapon, IIRC. So she'd be contradicting herself there.

I'm breaking down each witness' testimony on my Youtube account. I haven't gotten very far yet, I'm still on the first day, but for future reference you might want to look. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyf5vDg8ngPjHlo9l29Dwqw/videos

I found it interesting that the prosecution sidestepped that the GF never spoke of a weapon because, IMO, it would be quite significant for the jury to hear that, after the shooting, Dunn never told his GF the teens had threatened him with one. The first mention is when he was interviewed by LE. You'd think that someone who had just had his life threatened would have mentioned it, especially right after it had happened.

I found it interesting that the prosecution sidestepped that the GF never spoke of a weapon because, IMO, it would be quite significant for the jury to hear that, after the shooting, Dunn never told his GF the teens had threatened him with one. The first mention is when he was interviewed by LE. You'd think that someone who had just had his life threatened would have mentioned it, especially right after it had happened.

I think that's something they're saving for later in the trial. They probably want the jury to have that fresh in their minds just before they start deliberating.

I think that's something they're saving for later in the trial. They probably want the jury to have that fresh in their minds just before they start deliberating.

Hope you're right steely.

ciao

They can't recall her without a good reason, i.e., to address questioning elicited on the defense direct, imo. She was the prosecution's witness, right? If they wanted to talk about gun discussions, they had their opportunity. Not sure why they didn't, but I think they'll have a hard time since I can't think of any witness who might be questioned other than the defendant himself, who could open that door for recall on the topic. jmo

Agree. I imagine that'll come in rebuttal after the defense gives their version of events, especially if Dunn testifies.

They can't recall her without a good reason, i.e., to address questioning elicited on the defense direct, imo. She was the prosecution's witness, right? If they wanted to talk about gun discussions, they had their opportunity. Not sure why they didn't, but I think they'll have a hard time since I can't think of any witness who might be questioned other than the defendant himself, who could open that door for recall on the topic. jmo

I imagine the prosecution will use their rebuttal to address Dunn's claim that he saw a weapon in the car and that's why he reacted. That would be new testimony, either directly or through police statements. I don't know why the prosecution wouldn't be allowed to recall someone they've already called to adress something new that came up in the defense's CIC. It's done all the time. In Zimmerman's trial his police tape took the tape if direct testimony. The defense will probably want to that here if he can to avoid having his letters come in. And I'm sure, as steely said, they want that fresh in the jury's mind.

Does anyone know if the jailhouse letters were deemed admissable or not?

Yes! This trial is going so fast but they have not finished yet. I feel the same way, nobody would miss telling the person who was their when the shooting occurred, what actually happened. Ludicrous, but Dunn wants to play victim with his lifeless eyes and false smile. Damn shame hanging is no longer a penalty.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Had RR been arrested the State would not have been able to use her as a witness. It would appear RR is still worried about being charged. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth