GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pros. needed to spell things out more, i didnt hear something like the following nearly enough in there;

"so you fired because you were in fear for your life, that is your testimony?"

- yes he had a gun and threatened me

"but isnt it true sir that there never was a gun in that car?"

- they left the scen, police didnt search

"was there a gun introduced into evidence in this case? did anyone else testify to seeing a gun at the crime scene? did your defense present anyone that claimed to have seen the deceased with a gun?"

- objection (lol)

"so the only evidence this jury has that the deceased had a gun is your testimony, is that correct? that you saw someone bend over and then from inside your car which you claim was much lower than the other vehicle, at night, in a panicked state, in fear for your life, you saw 4 inches of what you believed to be a shotgun barrel... or a stick? is that correct sir?"

It's my thought we won't get to closings until tomorrow?

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 27s
Looks like Marc musser, the lead detective in case, will also retake stand. #dunntrial

I don't understand this. I think all the police interviews should be evidence automatically.

Snipped from the link:

After the defense has presented its case, the party with the burden has an opportunity for rebuttal. Such rebuttal may be of a substantive nature or it may relate to the credibility of defense witnesses. When of a substantive nature, the proof cannot be repetitive of the case in chief: it must specifically rebut some claim in the defense‘s case. For example, if the defendant in a criminal case testifies as to an alibi, the prosecution in rebuttal cannot call additional eye witnesses to the crime to testify as to the defendant’s presence. The prosecution may, however, if the defendant presented proof that the defendant was in a distant city on the day of the crime, present proof that the defendant was in the city where the crime occurred on the date of the crime.

http://www.law.wisc.edu/evidence/ch01.html

pros. needed to spell things out more, i didnt hear something like the following nearly enough in there;

"so you fired because you were in fear for your life, that is your testimony?"

- yes he had a gun and threatened me

"but isnt it true sir that there never was a gun in that car?"

- they left the scen, police didnt search

"was there a gun introduced into evidence in this case? did anyone else testify to seeing a gun at the crime scene? did your defense present anyone that claimed to have seen the deceased with a gun?"

- objection (lol)

"so the only evidence this jury has that the deceased had a gun is your testimony, is that correct? that you saw someone bend over and then from inside your car which you claim was much lower than the other vehicle, at night, in a panicked state, in fear for your life, you saw 4 inches of what you believed to be a shotgun barrel... or a stick? is that correct sir?"

I'm with you on this. The DA could have been much more forceful.

It's good to know that a couple of the jurors are seeming to get it. We worry too much.:seeya:

This question has bugged me for a while now. If someone shoots a gun in a public area, is there no legal duty to call police to report it? Wouldn't it be logical to assume someone will call and police will be out to investigate such a shooting and be looking for the shooter?

Dunn's self-defense defense is that:

1. There WAS a gun.
2. LE was sloppy in not finding the gun.
3. He had "tunnel vision," PTSD, etc., etc., and was protecting the love of his life.

Repeat 30 or 40 times at every chance and, voila!, not guilty.
Great list, but shouldn't there be something in there about what an amazingly responsible and loving dog owner he is?:banghead:

Snipped from the link:

After the defense has presented its case, the party with the burden has an opportunity for rebuttal. Such rebuttal may be of a substantive nature or it may relate to the credibility of defense witnesses. When of a substantive nature, the proof cannot be repetitive of the case in chief: it must specifically rebut some claim in the defense‘s case. For example, if the defendant in a criminal case testifies as to an alibi, the prosecution in rebuttal cannot call additional eye witnesses to the crime to testify as to the defendant’s presence. The prosecution may, however, if the defendant presented proof that the defendant was in a distant city on the day of the crime, present proof that the defendant was in the city where the crime occurred on the date of the crime.

http://www.law.wisc.edu/evidence/ch01.html

Not my point. I don't understand why they're debating what parts to show the jury and what parts to cut out. I think the original statements and interviews should automatically be a part of the case. How is the jury going to be able to make an informed decision if they're not shown what the defendant said when it was all fresh.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 42s
Davis family seems relaxed as we wait to resolve technical issues. #dunntrial

This question has bugged me for a while now. If someone shoots a gun in a public area, is there no legal duty to call police to report it? Wouldn't it be logical to assume someone will call and police will be out to investigate such a shooting and be looking for the shooter?

AFAIK, if you discharge a weapon in an incorporated area, you MUST report it to LE. County jurisdictions have different procedures.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 42s
Here comes the state's rebuttal. Jurors in courtroom. #MichaelDunn trial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
State is calling Rhonda Rouer as rebuttal witness #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Rhonda rouer retakes stand. Prosecutors will ask her if dunn ever told her he saw a gun. #DunnTrial

RR is over dramatizing, ie, compared to here LE interview......JMO.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 57s
Wolfson is questioning Rouer again, dealing w/ content of #MichaelDunn's call to his neighbor #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3s
Rouer maintains #MichaelDunn never told her he saw a weapon in the SUV, Dunn says he mentioned mult times #DunnTrial

The whole Ken discussion we heard from MD was a LIE! Thank you, Rhonda!

WS is slow loading, pardon any delay.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3s
Wolfson hass no further questions, Strolla now on cross #DunnTrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads