GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she was clearly locked into her story which was given very calmly the day after and so her only ability to "help" her finance was to appear so emotionally distraught at trial that the defense attorney could try to impeach her testimony because of her severe emotional state which rendered her unable to remember clearly. But it makes no logical sense to be MORE upset much later than right when it happened, especially since essentially nothing happened to her anyway. The only explanation for her state at trial, if it wasn't an act, would be her having to testify against her fiance but that would not affect her memory and so does nothing to impeach her testimony.

She was in very good spirits when she was interviewed by police. I find this quite odd and suspect the demeanor in court was good acting skills.

I would think if it has not been disclosed there was an agreement not to talk about it. So why is Strolla talking about it???

Usually, you can talk about the fact that it's settled, but not the terms of the settlement. Especially the amount of money paid to the family. jmo

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 16s
Congresswoman Corrine Brown is in courthouse. Just gave parents of Jordan Davis a hug. #dunntrial

Why is she there??

To stir up the racism pot, IMO .

What I find most incredible about the video is that She goes outside! Who does that when they hear current gun shots?!

And I did not hear any shot gun blast... Did anyone else?

Hmm.... good point. That kind of shot would have been heard very clearly. Maybe that is what they are also wanting to listen for.

Dunn's lawyer talking a bit about race which leads me to wonder:

Has police presence been increased around the courthouse?

Are there concerns about "community reactions" if there is a NG verdict?

Earlier news4jax . Com posted police presence has increased around court house. Also one the of the reporters tweeted, can't remember his name posted that the black panthers were chanting "black power " around the court house.

I'll look for link.

I nervous about the outcome!

Naturally he wanted racism out of the case. We are fortunate to have the ability to read his letters. The man is a die-hard racist. It is part of this trial, even if unspoken.

That may have been what defense felt was their intention but saying LE did not do their job in "properly searching" for a shotgun they did not know existed until MD gave his statement certainly leaves the impression that LE should have immediately suspected the SUV passengers as a group of thugs because his client shot at them in self-defense. LE only had witness information. Nothing from Mr. Dunn. No return to the scene, no stop at the police department, no 911 call, no further call to LE even after they had their pizza and walked the dog. Nothing. He thought he got away with murder. If MD thought it was self-defense he would have gone straight to LE for protection and to give them a statement so they could have recovered the gun. Wasn't MD at all concerned about the passengers in the SUV shooting someone else????

Mr. Strolla said it: "Garbage in, garbage out." jmo

Usually, you can talk about the fact that it's settled, but not the terms of the settlement. Especially the amount of money paid to the family. jmo

Yea, I know. I'm just upset that he would stoop so low as to bring it up.

If Strolla giving this interview were to do that, than Strolla needs to be disciplined!

At the beginning of his presser he said that he had obtained permission to hold it and answer questions.

I wish permission hadn't been granted. It was self-serving, incorrect on many things, and may have inflamed some already high emotions. Bad decision, IMO.

I read today that the Dunn family is out of money to pay the lawyers. Maybe Strolla wants to set up a website to collect money for lawyers fees and he thinks this Presser is a good start toward that end? I cannot fathom what is going through his mind. Just smarmy IMHO, and I think the Judge might feel somewhat the same. This judge is a good man.

BBM

I wondered about this. If this family had money and power as I've seen suggested why didn't the defense produce their own ME and Ballistics exams and reports. This really was a poor defense imo for an affirmative defense. He calls a couple of friends of his clients parents, the father of the victim, and MD himself, and thats it.

I read today that the Dunn family is out of money to pay the lawyers. Maybe Strolla wants to set up a website to collect money for lawyers fees and he thinks this Presser is a good start toward that end? I cannot fathom what is going through his mind. Just smarmy IMHO, and I think the Judge might feel somewhat the same. This judge is a good man.

Maybe they could sell their aeroplanes.

@WJXTPulliam: The New Black Panther Party is shouting "Black power!" They want justice. Their tone is diff't #michaeldunn http://t.co/aY69ooqusp

Found it!

Jeez, the snow just fell off my roof and trees here in Woodstock next town over Leilei! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Oops, my bad!

You're safe as long as there are no more pressers from Strolla :floorlaugh:

@WJXTPulliam: The New Black Panther Party is shouting "Black power!" They want justice. Their tone is diff't #michaeldunn http://t.co/aY69ooqusp

Found it!

Don't care. Their presence has no bearing on the verdict, the case, or, personally, my belief in his guilt. Some people can make it purely racial. Doesn't mean it is.

Turaj, I agree. There had to be something Dunn signed. I am mad though, at the way Strolla is still attacking the family....talking about pre-trial appearances where the father was "charging towards" the defendant. smh. This guy is a real piece of work.

If they sued the insurance company (MD has no money) MD would not have to sign if it were settled out of court. The insurance company holds covers by way of the policy. MD had no choice if the insurance company wanted to settle which most companies want to do right away. Trials are expensive. jmo

Don't care. Their presence has no bearing on the verdict, the case, or, personally, my belief in his guilt. Some people can make it purely racial. Doesn't mean it is.

Yes & as a black man ,I agree wholeheartedly.

It says this 12 minute video is uncut. Kind of choppy, but it is more than i've seen before. Appears RR was in the store less than 3 minutes! Maybe someone else can tell something from the video that I can't make out.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/uncut-...ideo/-/475880/19788350/-/hlkkxfz/-/index.html

Thank you for posting this. This video, for some reason, made me incredibly sad. I guess because it is real time. Hearing the siren approaching, knowing that Jordan Davis was dying or dead at this point, just was hard.

Watching RR go towards the doors, unafraid, after hearing gunshots and say "Michael?" and then disappear from sight. She didn't come back in and say Call 911. Dunn and Rouer knew right from wrong. Dunn is a coward, no matter how he tries to justify his actions. Coward, insecure with a gun. Jmo

I agree I think he will be having a conversation with Strolla about ethics..while it may not be prohibited it was in very poor taste.

What I find most incredible about the video is that She goes outside! Who does that when they hear current gun shots?!

And I did not hear any shot gun blast... Did anyone else?

Agree. I would have run to the back of the store or passed out in my tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nellieisme777