GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say based n this question they are analyzing whether he was "advancing" as MD says and whether door was open? Other ideas

I'm not saying this about you, I'm saying this about the jury. Why? Why do they need to see if JD was advancing. There is more than enough evidence that he wasn't advancing on MD. It's not something they should even be considering. There is at least one typical Florida juror on that jury. It's either gonna be a hung jury or an acquitttle. :banghead:

HLN has the video from inside the store!!

I'm not saying this about you, I'm saying this about the jury. Why? Why do they need to see if JD was advancing. There is more than enough evidence that he wasn't advancing on MD. It's not something they should even be considering. There is at least one typical Florida juror on that jury. It's either gonna be a hung jury or an acquitttle. :banghead:

I have the exact same worries Steely. :scared:

The ME report should be back with the jury. IMO they don't need the dummy; it was for demonstration. They need not use that thing ever again. It is not to scale. Ridiculous to even consider it. JMV

The ME report should be back with the jury. IMO they don't need the dummy; it was for demonstration. They need not use that thing ever again. It is not to scale. Ridiculous to even consider it. JMV

I agree. None of the jurors are equipped with the knowledge of how to use the dummy and the dowel sticks correctly. They would need an expert to demonstrate IMHO.

Somebody (or more than one) is a hold-out, but what are they disagreeing on? The highest charge, or the lesser charges, or just plain not guilty? I can't believe that someone in that room is buying the self-defense song and dance. Zero evidence that Dunn's life was in danger, or threatened, and for heaven's sake they didn't have a flipping shotgun.

Hoping for the best, most just verdict possible, but I'm starting to worry.

I find this most interesting. Insurance does not cover "intentional torts." Intentionally shooting into a car 10 times would seem to give the company an easy out on coverage. Maybe he only had $300,000 or so in liability coverage and they just paid the limit instead of fighting over coverage. It is highly unusual for a wrongful death suit to be settled prior to a criminal trial.

yes. low'ish limits. probably not even $300k, would be my guess. Throw in a neligence count and you're talking about defense costs plus maybe a little go away money. jmo

I agree. None of the jurors are equipped with the knowledge of how to use the dummy and the dowel sticks correctly. They would need an expert to demonstrate IMHO.

I agree as well. But, as a foreperson, are you not supposed to try to obtain anything to resolve someone's outstanding questions or concerns? Perhaps there is someone who is uncomfortable with deciphering the ME's report (we all know people like that) and they are otherwise close to a verdict except for one non-analytical person. I'm trying to remain hopeful that this jury will not get it wrong.

I read today that the Dunn family is out of money to pay the lawyers. Maybe Strolla wants to set up a website to collect money for lawyers fees and he thinks this Presser is a good start toward that end? I cannot fathom what is going through his mind. Just smarmy IMHO, and I think the Judge might feel somewhat the same. This judge is a good man.

The family (MD's daughter) has set-up a website that also asks for donations. www.justicefordunn.com. Apparently, there is also a section for "Michael's comments". I really have no desire to read it.

I just reviewed the Steven Smith testimony where he relates hearing MD say (shout) "You're not going to talk to me like that". Then the gun shots begin. He is a very credible witness. I hope someone on that jury was taking notes. As an independent witness, his testimony is so important.

Lol! I can't believe I just heard "the dummy is walking down the hallway" on HLN.

This is ridiculous. I'm so happy I have all you sane folks here to wait with.

I just jumped in here now, so I'm not caught up on earlier today, but hopefully they are just walking through the evidence and nobody is really arguing Dunn's side. If I were deliberating, I'd play Devil's Advocate while walking through evidence even if I knew I believed the prosecution more. Just give both sides a run-through to be fair, you know?

I hope!

didn't Rhonda testify that she went back in to the store after she left the first time?

It doesn't look like it to me.

Also, I hope the jury paid attention to Tommie Strones at the checkout...he was very clean cut, polite and nice to everyone in the store. Not my idea of a gangsta or , but then I'm not packing heat either and according to how Micheal Dunn looks at things, the gun apparently made him a bigger, smarter man with super hearing and impeccable deductible reasoning.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Strolla says bc the dowels have been removed, he's concerned about the integrity of putting them back in #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

I was on the jury of DP case in GA . there was one holdout & I had to ask for crime scene photos because she closed her eyes when they were shown in court.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 53s
Healey: if defense is objecting to any part of this, it's finished #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 17s
Strolla says despite his concern, #MichaelDunn does not object to letting to body form go to jury #DunnTrial

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 3m
VIDEO - Interview with #MichaelDunn's neighbor, released by #JordanDavis family attorney @JohnPhillips

[video=youtube;aocMp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aocMp[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member