GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad your daffodils are blooming. Please send any leftover warm weather to MI.
Just address it c/o Peeps that have had enough snow . :floorlaugh:

I have over two feet of snow in my yard. We are at 100+ inches of snow for this winter. Pity party over.

---------

OMG only thing blooming in our yard Gin is snow!! It wont give up.. I hope this verdict comes in today and its Right!!!! lock his door, dang I'm mad.IMO

What is it about verdict watches and snacking? I've had popcorn, the rest of the bbq chicken, and just scarfed down some mac & cheese. I *really* want a burger LOL. Thank heavens I didn't get candy for Valentine's day, because it would be gone by now.

I'm seriously worried about the length of time they've been at this. Even my husband is asking me every hour, "still no verdict? that's not good".

Thinking positive thoughts, or trying to.

I think cameras should be required in all these areas where police are called alot. It seems like Jacksonville in general is not a very safe city.

Keep in mind folks, that Jacksonville is the largest land mass city in US iirc. The city incorporated most of the entire county. I live near "ATLANTA", but crime stats for Atlanta are not where I live. Farrrrrrrrrrr from it.

It's comparable to the news that was nationwide about the shutdown due to ice 2 weeks ago. That was inner city/downtown Atlanta. A bad rap (pun not intended, but now that I type it I see it might be seen as such) for the city as a whole. Jacksonville is a very nice place to visit, and as with most large cities, there are areas to avoid.

I am not eating through this trial with snacking. All I have had is cup of cereal. We are having such a drought out in the west coast, we need some of the stuff you are having.

SYG (and how it particularly empowers and emboldens bullies) is a terrible law. Citizens shouldn't be allowed to kill others for being annoying or looking "different".

Surely Floridians don't want this to be one of the main things their state is known for.

i don't have an issue w/ SYG. what i have an issue w/ is when and how it applies. i live in texas. i've been robbed, had guns pulled on me in my own drive way. i pulled my weapon but didn't shoot. instead, i said, why are yall young brothers doing this, w/ my 9 in my hand. they ran and got back in the car. i called the cops after they left, but instead of looking for these young cats, the cops cuffed me up, searched my car, house, and asked why i had a weapon. why do you need a 9, ak47, sks, and a ar15? i still believe, even though we have the castle doctrine in texas, they would have found any reason to put me under the jail if i would have shot.... lord knows what would have happened if i would have killed one.

Well my can of soup was not good. All I can think about is a Steak and Shake burger.

You are all making me hungry. Cereal won't cut it, but we are having Chinese take out for dinner.....

been lurking on this board for a while. i've followed and watched threads open and close. i'm sooooo interested in the out come of this trial. i'm afraid this guy is gonna get off. that terrifies me. i pray that the jury sees things the way i see them. i know that the amount of time during deliberation doesn't typically mean anything, but the longer they stay in there, the more afraid i become. this may not be a popular opinion, but i'm scared that this trial may give florida residents the idea that killing black males is acceptable. i listen to "" music. i was that "" and had 2 15" subs in my car and would shake the pictures on your wall. it scares me that they kill us and say that "" scared me. is the new N word. sorry for being so emotion, and taking this post there, to a racial issue, but i don't know what else to do. this is not ok. its not ok for black on black crime, and its not ok to be lynched w/ the protection of stand your ground.

Your post makes me so very sad. Unfortunately, I think you are right. I went to high school in Geneva, Switzerland, where the student population consisted of 66 different nationalities. I never saw the color of one's skin ever even being a second thought. It never entered the equation. I truly wish tolerance and appreciation of the culture, ethnicity and diversity of our country's population would supersede negative stereotypes. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful post with us. It was something that needed to be said. :seeya:

I never understood slapping cheese on a perfectly good burger!
It ruins the wonderful beefiness..IMO

Just some salt & pepper and on occasion a few roasted Italian long hots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh: Please don't make me guess what an Italian long hot is........but it does sound like something I could use occasionally! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Please don't make me guess what an Italian long hot is........but it does sound like something I could use occasionally! :floorlaugh:

I don't know what it is either. figured it might be something New Jersey-ish.

Your post makes me so very sad. Unfortunately, I think you are right. I went to high school in Geneva, Switzerland, where the student population consisted of 66 different nationalities. I never saw the color of one's skin ever even being a second thought. It never entered the equation. I truly wish tolerance and appreciation of the culture, ethnicity and diversity of our country's population would supersede negative stereotypes. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful post with us. It was something that needed to be said. :seeya:

Sometimes I look around and wonder how this country can be advanced in so many ways and SO behind in so many others. It's a sad mind set that permeates generation to generation. It also seems to be getting worse these days, as if something new has emboldened it.

yea, but i got a little emotional. maybe because its V day here in the states. i'll try to do a better job of keeping this emotional stuff to myself. :)

i don't have an issue w/ SYG. what i have an issue w/ is when and how it applies. i live in texas. i've been robbed, had guns pulled on me in my own drive way. i pulled my weapon but didn't shoot. instead, i said, why are yall young brothers doing this, w/ my 9 in my hand. they ran and got back in the car. i called the cops after they left, but instead of looking for these young cats, the cops cuffed me up, searched my car, house, and asked why i had a weapon. why do you need a 9, ak47, sks, and a ar15? i still believe, even though we have the castle doctrine in texas, they would have found any reason to put me under the jail if i would have shot.... lord knows what would have happened if i would have killed one.

I'm a Texan too. I have no doubt of what you say. It's generally a great state to live but sometimes the politics/views of most of the people around me make it not.

I am not eating through this trial with snacking. All I have had is cup of cereal. We are having such a drought out in the west coast, we need some of the stuff you are having.

Got it packed and ready to go. Where shall I send it?

I've been in :lurk: mode for this trial- been busy.
I just want to thank everyone for their posts.
Appreciate it much.
Hope for a verdict today for Dunn-whose goose is dunn cooked. What a jerk, IMO.

:tyou:

BTW- Long-horns are Italian peppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members