GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for sure, taking DH out for dinner would mean some sort of verdict by now! Fact is, we went to a club we belong to and CNN was on the TV about 30 feet away. I looked up and saw the courtroom with everyone standing and the word VERDICT on the screen!

Grrr... made DH move us to that end to see what the verdict was and they went on to the Olympics and speed skating uniforms! Finally, we left and I get home and glance at HLN playing silently on the screen. It still said VERDICT WATCH!

I'm sorry, guys, I did my best to get the jury back in...

Even if found guilty only of shooting into the vehicle, it would be 20 years, which includes an automatic 10-year gun enhancement. He'd be in jail long enough for a re-trial on all the other charges.

That's not what I want, though. I want it ALL.

Meanwhile, off to find my chill pills, I'm still shaken, not stirred by that false alarm due to inability to read a TV screen from 30 feet.

BBM 20 years is not enough for murdering someone. I just don't understand how someone can murder someone and then only get 10, 20, etc. years. The murdered person is dead and has no more years and they let murderers out to live the rest of their stupid, crazy lives.
Unbelievable.

BTW- how was dinner?

Well Dh is home, We ate dinner and I am hoping that there is a verdict tonight. I can not imagine they want to be sequestered all weekend.

JVM is already polling callers on What The Prosecution Did Wrong! The verdict isn't even in........Why am I torturing myself? Reaching for remote!!!!!!!!!

That's good. Glad we got that straightened out. :floorlaugh:

Just have to mention this: Before the 1996 Olympics, a resident of New Mexico was trying to buy tickets over the phone, but the ticket seller refused her tickets because they were not allowed to sell tickets to a foreign country! The seller thought New Mexico was in Mexico. True story! :floorlaugh:

Being from Atlanta I get teased about the intelligence of Georgia folks. :)

Hmm..... maybe that is what they need a good home cooked meal. Eating out all the time can make you crazy.....

Well Dh is home, We ate dinner and I am hoping that there is a verdict tonight. I can not imagine they want to be sequestered all weekend.

I hope so too. They asked for their dinner break so late, you'd think they would just have stopped unless they were pretty close

Talking heads on the local station news4jax thinks jurors are hung up on the murder 1 charge.

i just turned on hln. they just showed where dunn said, "i should kill that *advertiser censored*". it didn't have any context. i don't know if he was quoting someone or if those are his own words on the stand, but thats crazy. does anyone know if those are his words, or is he "quoting" the victim?

That is one of the many "quotes" MD has said that JD said to him. But it depends on what timeframe MD makes these statements. Two passengers in the SUV said that JD was upset because MD asked them to turn the radio down and made a comment about being tired of people telling him what to do (with some colorful language in between his words) but no threat. When MD asked are you talking to ME. JD answered back that he was talking to MD. But in the background (which I don't think the jury knows what the lyrics of the rap song was) the vocalist is rapping about killing so with MD's bad hearing he may have mistaken the words from the song as coming from JD. That is a far cry from someone having a shotgun. And a shotgun, in a car with a man on parole? I could see a handgun that he could have slid under the seat. But what person on parole would carry around a shotgun in his "aunt's car" that would be impossible to hide during a police stop. I hope they caught that. jmo

Ok, kids, if I remember right, the Zimmerman jury came back late, late in the evening, lose to midnight there in Florida, if I recall, and wasn't there a Monday holiday coming up or 4 day weekend, something like that?

So we may get a verdict tonight....just cross your fingers!

:facepalm:One of the juror's were wearing them!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Ok, but THIS was the post before that one....still have cat/s?
DO NOT change the kitty litter!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

(I am well aware of how much I need to get a life, that I just spent about 1/2 hour going through a 9 month old thread. Not to mention spending about 2 hours last night trying to figure out the code in MD's jail letter...I need an intervention :scared:).

another jury question

WJXT's Jamie Johnson: NOTE::

Jury has another question, everyone!

a shotgun one of the 4 people in the SUV would have fired it, at least after they were shot at. Also, not to mention that IF Dunn had seen a weapon of any kind he would not have dared shoot. He only shot because he knew he could safely do so without consequence from the 4 kids in the SUV.

Yes if a shotgun was fired there would be evidence of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor