GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't the only neighbor who gave a statement about MD's misbehavior and abuse of his wives. I think more will come to the surface after the trial. I think his life, as he knew it, is pretty much over either way. jmo

BBM.

I sure hope so. IMO, he's a danger to society and needs to be locked up for good.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
We never got formal word yesterday whether jurors took a lunch break or worked through. Not sure I'll find out today either #DunnTrial

I know I've said this before but a huge red flag for me is that Dunn had no longtime friends testify on his behalf. IMO, it was very telling that only his parents' friends were character witnesses. That speaks volumes and I hope it doesn't escape the jury.

We can only hope that the reason the jury's taking so long is that they are arguing over murder 1 or murder 2. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Frankly the defense he put on cost zero...more like what you would see in a penalty phase pleading for a reduced sentence or whatever.

IMO, Florida needs to simplify their jury instructions. IIRC, the judge made mention of a lay person's committee that was currently working on these along with the judiciary. Was the judge worried about these instructions for appeal purposes? 42 pages of legalese is a lot to go through as it applies to this case. JMO

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 2m
Cory stroll a talks on cell phone on 2nd floor. #DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 3m
Family and friends of the Davis family continue to wait for a verdict on 4th floor. #dunntrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 2m
Same guy with bullhorn outside protesting. Complains about 3 days of deliberations. #DunnTrial

HLN occasionally breaks away to VP and Judge Alex. Judge Alex breaks down the law and gives insight to both sides of the case. Very interesting. JMO

I know I've said this before but a huge red flag for me is that Dunn had no longtime friends testify on his behalf. IMO, it was very telling that only his parents' friends were character witnesses. That speaks volumes and I hope it doesn't escape the jury.

We can only hope that the reason the jury's taking so long is that they are arguing over murder 1 or murder 2. JMO. OMO. MOO.

BBM

They wouldn't testify in this phase though. They would testify in the sentencing phase but I think you are right......this man cant have close friends. If so, they would have to be just like him......cocky, abusive and arrogant.

I have seen a lot of Friday verdicts in the past. I think we are going to get one today. This jury doesn't want to be sequestered all weekend.

IMO

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 43s
We're now more than 14 hours (rough estimate) in to deliberations for #DunnTrial jury #MichaelDunn (3 Wed, 8.5Thu, 3 today)

HLN occasionally breaks away to VP and Judge Alex. Judge Alex breaks down the law and gives insight to both sides of the case. Very interesting. JMO

I have HLN on mute and turn it on for Vinnie. Whoever he is talking to says the jury came in NOT looking at odds with one another, but serious, as though they have work to do.

Hum...not particularly good news from HLN...Sunny is right there by jury room and she explained about the sounds heard yesterday and said it was loud voices in the jury room...now I doubt the walls are paper thin so my guess is it must have been fairly loud and can only mean that they is some major disagreement??? Someone said before here it was not good and I would agree. Still expect a verdict today...maybe the arguing is about first or second

Did the judge say anything about once the verdict is reached, how long before it's read.?

ciao

Hum...not particularly good news from HLN...Sunny is right there by jury room and she explained about the sounds heard yesterday and said it was loud voices in the jury room...now I doubt the walls are paper thin so my guess is it must have been fairly loud and can only mean that they is some major disagreement??? Someone said before here it was not good and I would agree. Still expect a verdict today...maybe the arguing is about first or second

:waitasec:

:pillowfight2:

or

:bigfight:

I'm afraid it's time to ask this question: Does anybody remember the legal name of that shot-across-the-bow warning given by the judge to a deadlocked jury telling them to go back in and try harder to reach a consensus? I am fearful that the next "jury question" will relate to their discord and that this judge will be obligated to further encourage them. But, I can't remember what that encouragement is called.

ETA: I think we have one or more "stealth" gun rights advocates on this jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth