GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having shivering fits!! I look for verdict tonight. No court on Monday I believe, Val. day, and weekend is here. Compromise, 2nd degree..my guess, not my vote!

Thought id post this for those who don't know the charges
xhv6.jpg

Ok, going outside to play with the pups! I'll send some warm weather to all of you peeps freezing up north!

2 days ago, we had ice, school closed, super cold. Today we were supposed to reach the 70's. We already broke a record of 86 today! :crazy:

When I get back, we better have this verdict! :gavel:

jmo "I can't wait until this jury comes back from dinner with my not guilty verdicts. I really can't wait to be home in my own bed for V-day."

... with "the love of my life" :)

I was just watching the testimony of Leon Brunson, the young man seated next to Jordan Davis and something caught my attention:

Brunson stated that after the music was turned back up, Davis was yelling and pointing towards Dunn with a cell phone in his right hand. So I picked up my cell phone with my right hand and pointed my finger at the pc and guess what it looks like??? Try it yourself...

But..............does it look like a "shotgun barrel"?

One of my favorite parts of LE interviewing Dunn is when Dunn says that they were all menacing him and the one cop says "not Tommy Storns, he was inside buying cigarettes." And then Dunn acknowledges that fact.

IMO, it is so obvious that Dunn is lying because he wants to get away with murder. And I hope this jury doesn't let that happen because I believe it will embolden him further.

Be nice if attempted murder of Tommy Storns was the charge in dispute - after all - he was not in the car until they were driving away.

No if they convict of something and hang something else he will be jailed and sentenced for those counts and possibly retried for the hung counts. If he's found not guilty on some counts and they hang on some others, he's free to go on those counts. But I would think he would have to stay in jail for the hung counts while the sa's decide what they want to do with him.

I think it all depends on what charge they are hung on.
If it's not 1st degree murder, his lawyer can go to a judge and ask for bail.

And he might get it.
On a lesser charge he can get bail.

BUT if he's been found guilty on first degree, than he will sitting in jail or prison.
I don't know if he will be sentenced before a new trial starts........even if there will be a new trial.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Im good with Second degree, 3 attempted murders and shooting offenses.

In addition to Murder in the First Degree Instructions, the following may have been included

FLJI 3.3 (a) Aggravation of a Felony by Carrying a Firearm
FLJI 3.6 (f) Justifiable Use of Deadly Force
FLJI 6.2 Attempted Murder-First Degree (Premeditated)
FLJI 6.4 Attempted Second Degree Murder
FLJI 7.7 Manslaughter
FLJI 8.1 Assault
FLJI 8.2 Aggravated Assault
FLJI 8.3 Battery
FLJI 8.4 Aggravated Battery
FLJI 10.13 Shooting or Throwing Missiles in Dwelling

I was just watching the testimony of Leon Brunson, the young man seated next to Jordan Davis and something caught my attention:

Brunson stated that after the music was turned back up, Davis was yelling and pointing towards Dunn with a cell phone in his right hand. So I picked up my cell phone with my right hand and pointed my finger at the pc and guess what it looks like??? Try it yourself...

I doubt that it looked like a shotgun barrel.
He never said it looked like a handgun, he said a shotgun or a stick. Not arguing, just I don't think your cell phone looks like a shotgun barrel.:seeya:

If a shot gun had been fired, Someone in the Durango would of had residue on their hands. Plus there would of been a bullet casing from the shotgun. So they would of had enough time to throw the gun and look for a bullet casing to throw away as well.

Florida is not the Wild West! I live here, I work near where this happened. I hate when people refer to everyone in Florida as the same MD or GZ or even CA. There is crime everywhere you go, no matter what state you live in. Jacksonville has a high crime, in some areas. This area where this happened at was not one of them. It really makes me upset when people refer to "us Floridians" as being stupid because jurors didn't come with a verdict you ( not you in particular) agree on.

Just because there has been a few high profile crimes that has happened doesn't make everyone in the state of Florida the same nor does it make the whole state bad!

THANK YOU:loveyou: I'm sick of people acting like Florida is the only place crime happens and asking what's going on down here we are no better or worse than any other state :banghead:

AURGH! I knew this would happen, go outside to top off water troughs and feeders and the jury has questions.....happened in the Arias trial too!:facepalm:

Now, if I could just remember what I did when the verdict came in...........:waitasec:

You best go find out in the Arias trial thread and do the exact same thing, STAT!
;)

In addition to Murder in the First Degree Instructions, the following may have been included

FLJI 3.3 (a) Aggravation of a Felony by Carrying a Firearm
FLJI 3.6 (f) Justifiable Use of Deadly Force
FLJI 6.2 Attempted Murder-First Degree (Premeditated)
FLJI 6.4 Attempted Second Degree Murder
FLJI 7.7 Manslaughter
FLJI 8.1 Assault
FLJI 8.2 Aggravated Assault
FLJI 8.3 Battery
FLJI 8.4 Aggravated Battery
FLJI 10.13 Shooting or Throwing Missiles in Dwelling

Maybe they are confused about the Dwelling? Hopefully?

If a shot gun had been fired, Someone in the Durango would of had residue on their hands. Plus there would of been a bullet casing from the shotgun. So they would of had enough time to throw the gun and look for a bullet casing to throw away as well.

Yes if a shotgun was fired there would be evidence of it.

Well, I did not earn my day's pay today. I could not concentrate trying to keep up with the verdict watch. Next week, I will have to really put my nose to grind.

This verdict watch is exhausting.

I don't want this man on the streets to kill some teenagers again- who are just acting like teenagers.
He needs to be put away for life.
Get these crazies off the streets, please, jury.

I think it all depends on what charge they are hung on.
If it's not 1st degree murder, his lawyer can go to a judge and ask for bail.

And he might get it.
On a lesser charge he can get bail.

BUT if he's been found guilty on first degree, than he will sitting in jail or prison.
I don't know if he will be sentenced before a new trial starts........even if there will be a new trial.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know about Florida, but for instance in AZ when Richard Chrisman was found guilty for some charges but got hung up on the others, the judge went ahead and scheduled a sentencing date for the next month when he was convicted even though it wasn't known if there would be another trial for the hung charges. So I think if he's found guilty of any charge the judge will schedule a sentencing hearing even before it's decided if there will be any new trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva