GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the jury is hung on the first degree murder charge and voted for the lesser charge of manslaughter. After that they where confused about the other charges and asked for clarification from the judge.
The fact that the judge lamented in open court, and on record, the difficulties of understanding the jury instructions, will most likely be an appeal issue.

Maybe he said shotgun to justify shooting at the SUV leaving...he said he was fearful the wide spray would hit his girlie friend as she was exiting the store.

He fired four shots while the SUV was backing up and only 3 hit the SUV. So where is the other round (I think they found it unspent) but what if it hit another car with a child in the back?

1) The victims never left the parking area in the plaza. The police vehicle was out on the street and responded immediately after the officer put the DUI suspect in his vehicle.

2) Apparently they did not because they returned to the Gate when they found JD had been shot.

3) LE did search the bushes but didn't do so because MD failed to report the shooting and did not tell them until after 3pm the following afternoon. They can't search if they were only aware of what happened from the witnesses who never saw a shotgun. Shotguns are very difficult to miss when someone steps out of a car and aims one at another person. Witness said there was no gun they could see. You would see a shotgun. In MD's first interview he admits he was not sure what it was, a gun barrel, a pipe.....he never said he actually saw a gun, just that he thought it was a shotgun.

4) The police vehicle was across the street with a stopped DUI driver he was in the process of arresting. The officer was the first to arrive at the Gate and the SUV was already parked back at the Gate.

Hope that helps. jmo

thank you! i've been dividing my time between this trial and the Amamda Hayes trial -- so I know i lost a lot of crucial information.

MOO

Mel

The fact that the judge lamented in open court, and on record, the difficulties of understanding the jury instructions, will most likely be an appeal issue.

Is this because it is true or because he said it on the record?
The judge mentioned something about changes to jury instructions that were in progress during this trial. If the instructions are changed, does that mean any verdict would be overturned? What happens then? Thanks for answering. I have no idea about this. :seeya:

He fired four shots while the SUV was backing up and only 3 hit the SUV. So where is the other round (I think they found it unspent) but what if it hit another car with a child in the back?

Then he likely would have been charged with additional counts.

Listening to Rhonda again, she said as soon as she got in the car Dunn was picking gun back in glove compartment (hiding it). IF Dunn thought he was ever in danger he would not have put gun away....imo. So many clues that this man was never in fear for his life. A true psycho.

I think he said this during his testimony as well. That he put it away before leaving the parking lot. He's so full of poo.

.......and sober himself up.

JMO

Were there any witness' from the wedding, and if so did they speak on his state when he left the wedding (how sober/drunk he may have been)?

Not even thought about that aspect of this. I am sure all of you who have been here the whole time have already gone over it. I came in at the tail end just to "observe" on verdict watch so I pretty much know the basics.
It infuriates me to think if they had gotten to MD that evening and been able to test his blood alcohol we might not be sitting here waiting right now.
A jury could look at this differently if a drunk shot up a car and killed a kid.
Or he was drunk, why should we trust his recollection (saw a shotgun barrel).
Then again a Def. lawyer could also use that in favor too :facepalm: (out of his mind drunk).

Ugh. I can't shake the feeling that he is going to walk, or get off with time served if found guilty of manslaughter. I feel like the jury is going to agree that he acted in self defense, acquit him on the murder charge, and give him 3x attempted murder.

IIRC, one of the kids quoted Jordan as saying "F, this s---, let's go". Shots were fired contemporaneously when the SUV was put in reverse.

Ugh. I can't shake the feeling that he is going to walk, or get off with time served if found guilty of manslaughter. I feel like the jury is going to agree that he acted in self defense, acquit him on the murder charge, and give him 3x attempted murder.

three attempted murder convictions and he won't be walking anywhere but to prison for many years.

The "fat lady" hasn't sung........yet. There's still hope.:twocents:

IIRC--if they find him guilty of attempted murder in the first degree its 20 years for each count and it runs consecutively

Were there any witness' from the wedding, and if so did they speak on his state when he left the wedding (how sober/drunk he may have been)?

Not even thought about that aspect of this. I am sure all of you who have been here the whole time have already gone over it. I came in at the tail end just to "observe" on verdict watch so I pretty much know the basics.
It infuriates me to think if they had gotten to MD that evening and been able to test his blood alcohol we might not be sitting here waiting right now.
A jury could look at this differently if a drunk shot up a car and killed a kid.
Or he was drunk, why should we trust his recollection (saw a shotgun barrel).
Then again a Def. lawyer could also use that in favor too :facepalm: (out of his mind drunk).

His son, ex wife, Dunn and Rhonda all testified as to how much he drank. The video of his police interview also had Dunn speaking as to how much he drank. Several posters put forth a theory that he had a large drink at the Sheraton to essentially cover up that he may have had alcohol in his system at the time of the shooting.

I have heard the term "mean drunk" before. Don't know if Dunn is or not, but it could be possible. JMO

nutshell

MD reported (when he finally was forced to report something by virtue of being contacted by LE) first that he shot in self defense. That they were coming at him despite witness accounts which state otherwise. He then reports that he was threatened with a gun or a gun like object. Again, witness accounts do not uphold this second account, including his girlfriend whom he also told the boys were advancing on him but not that they brandished a weapon.

I have also seen it being discussed that at some point MD stated he was firing above their heads in attempt to scare them. Someone in fear of their life and being threatened with a weapon does not fire impotent shots in the air above the heads of those attempting or threatening to shoot him with a visible shotgun. That action would do nothing to protect self and would only further enrage gun brandishing aggressors. Period.

I really hope this jury gets it right ad comes back with their verdict soon.

Getting antsy

video came on briefly and showed judge at the bench.

nutshell

MD reported (when he finally was forced to report something by virtue of being contacted by LE) first that he shot in self defense. That they were coming at him despite witness accounts which state otherwise. He then reports that he was threatened with a gun or a gun like object. Again, witness accounts do not uphold this second account, including his girlfriend whom he also told the boys were advancing on him but not that they brandished a weapon.

I have also seen it being discussed that at some point MD stated he was firing above their heads in attempt to scare them. Someone in fear of their life and being threatened with a weapon does not fire impotent shots in the air above the heads of those attempting or threatening to shoot him with a visible shotgun. That action would do nothing to protect self and would only further enrage gun brandishing aggressors. Period.

I really hope this jury gets it right ad comes back with their verdict soon.

Getting antsy
Well said. You've summed up the way I see this case. Dunn's own statements are what I see as showing his guilt. They don't fit with the evidence. It's simply not a case of justifiable homicide. MOO.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
I'm thinking the jurors may not be agreeing on something. #dunntrial #justahunch

wow ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member