GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying I believe him, but the shotgun detail actually could be viewed as making his story a little more believable for a few reasons, imo. If he were to create a lie, I'd have expected him to say a handgun, which would be a lot more common for people to carry around (such as himself) and would have been a whole lot more consistent with the rest of the story -- a pop, being able to hold it in an aiming position in the back seat, hide it, etc. jmo

Maybe he said shotgun to justify shooting at the SUV leaving...he said he was fearful the wide spray would hit his girlie friend as she was exiting the store.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 25s
I will not tweet we're entering the 29th hour of deliberations...I will not tweet we're entering the 29th hour of deliberations. #dunntrial

Please, jury, let you come to a just decision after lunch.

I think if the SUV had stayed put...all 4 of the young men would be dead not just one. imo

Definitely would have been more injured or killed. One thing to remember: by reading witness reports at the police station, it appears the boys were backing out when the shots started. (At least that is how I read it)

JMO

--? I don't know where the first quote comes from, but this has happened to me more than once today. When I reply to a post (quoted post in this case was popsicle's) my reply shows two quotes. cWhere is this first quote from? Strange)

page 49 of the police reports containig the witness interview info from the SUV's time in the strip mall parking lot seems to suggest the witness was cotacted and interviewed by police because he was a 911 caller on the night of the shooting and he called to report having heard gunshots from the vicinity of the gas station, had seen a red SUV (victim vehicle) come from that direction into the strip mall parking lot and occupants got out and walked around the vehicle (victim driver claimed to have been inspecting vehicle for damages in his account), never left the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and then upon seeing something in the backseat that was not visible to witness(Jordan Davis shot) the SUV immediately backed out of the strip mall lot and returned to the gas station. The report seems to indicate that this witness told dispatcher in his 911 call that SUV occupants may have been involved in the shooting incident and he wanted to report their presence in strip mall parking lot in case they had stashed any weapon involved.

My take on this is:

1) THIS is the witness/911 caller that Dunn was hanging his hat on in his letters when he kept referring to being able to prove the SUV had a weapon and the occupants stashed it somewhere LE did not search before returning to the gas station.

and

2) this witness did NOT report he saw the occupants stash or appear to stash anything. The report makes it clear he saw nothing of the sort. The witness mentioned stashing something in his 911 call because he was assuming that the SUV may have been involved in the shooting and MAY have left the scene breifly before returning in order to stash a weapon. In other words it probably went something like this:

911 what is your emergency?

um yeah, I just heard a bunch of what sounded like gunshots across the way at the gas station. then some SUV full of young black men came flying into the parking lot over here at the strip mall. Some of the young men got out and were walking around the vehicle and then just peeled off again, back over to the gas station. If there has been a shooting and a red SUV was involved you should probably check between here and there in case they dumped a weapon.

in other words assumptions were made by this witness at the TIME based on black men, SUV, gunshots, peeling tires and a leaving and retuning to the scene of a shooting. They were not based on anything actually witnessed but were simply assupmtions that the SUV seemed involved in whatever the incident was at the gas station and caller was reporting their location during the time away from crime scene in an attempt to be a good citizen.

What this also means to me, is that the strip mall and the area where the SUV was parked breifly was thoroughly searched for any weapons and none were found.

MD and his "smoking gun" witness were so much BS. No such witness exists, save in MD's own mind.
So does that make the claims - that the police never knew about the possibility of a gun in the SUV possible until they talked to MD - untrue?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 15s
W/o knowing what's happening in #DunnTrial deliberations room, Judge said earlier today jury appears to be "struggling". Fair assessment?

I just read a few comments on the last thread from people who said they too are uncomfortable around black teens because crime stats show they do commit the most crimes. I won't quote them & call them out, but if you are one who posted that, pease think more deeply about what you posted.

The fact that the majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans, does not allow one to logically conclude that most African-Americans are criminals. Nor do the FBI statistics actually show that the majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans, the statistics show that they are arrested and convicted the most. The statistics are blind to how the criminal justice system treats black defendants differently than it does whites.

When I'm alone, I am uncomfortable around strange men. I am a small woman and have been harassed since I was a child. I think I was in 4th grade the first time a creeper followed me home. But just because I am cautious and/or uncomfortable does not mean they are bad people and I have a right to shoot them. It's okay to be cautious. It's okay to retreat and avoid the situation. It's not okay to kill someone because they make you nervous. I do not understand the huge leap so many folks seem to have made: that it's okay to shoot someone because they make you nervous.

All that said, I don't think Dunn was frightened of the teenagers. I think he was angry at the way Jordan spoke to him. IMO, the only people frightened for their lives were the teenagers in the Durango.

Cool! CNN is talking about the trial now and saying it's under verdict watch so I'm sure they'll break in.

Mr. Dunn decided it was not necessary to make any because by law it was justified. His was the only one that mattered so he could get it documented. Instead he had plenty of time to make up a story that would sound like self-defense, it appears. jmo

Oh, I meant the witness's 911 calls. So in his head....justified killings: no need to get LE involved. How can he even say this out loud?

Definitely would have been more injured or killed. One thing to remember: by reading witness reports at the police station, it appears the boys were backing out when the shots started. (At least that is how I read it)

JMO

if someone started firing into my car I'd would have taken off, and probably still be driving out of fear.

What is the official charge of shooting into the car?

DunnIndictment_zps59f120bf.jpg

Maybe the jury asked the question because they are leaning toward murder on the shooting Jordan charge but feel unsure about whether if MD was guilty of murdering Jordan that automatically means MD is guilty of attempted murder of the other occupants or if they are allowed to find not guilty of those attempted murders if they are finding guilty on the murder charge for Jordan. In other words, if we found guilty on the Jordan charge does that mean because it was all during the same shooting incident that MD is automatically to be found guilty of attempted murder of the others?

In other words, for MD to be guilty of murder there must have been an intent to do so, so they were confused as to how they can find MD not guilty of attempted murder of the other victims since it was all the same spray of bullets that was involved.

I wonder why we never heard the 911 calls...

I did listen to the 911 calls yesterday.
They're somewhere on the ActionNewsJax website.

I don't know if they were played during the trial.

Maybe the jury is hung on the first degree murder charge and voted for the lesser charge of manslaughter. After that they where confused about the other charges and asked for clarification from the judge.

JMO

--? I don't know where the first quote comes from, but this has happened to me more than once today. When I reply to a post (quoted post in this case was popsicle's) my reply shows two quotes. cWhere is this first quote from? Strange)

you must have inadvertently clicked on the multiquote button (paper with quotation mark on it) at some point that when you clicked on the regular quote button to quote popsicle's post the other was incorporated as well.

Mr. Dunn decided it was not necessary to make any because by law it was justified. His was the only one that mattered so he could get it documented. Instead he had plenty of time to make up a story that would sound like self-defense, it appears. jmo

.......and sober himself up.

JMO

Listening to Rhonda again, she said as soon as she got in the car Dunn was picking gun back in glove compartment (hiding it). IF Dunn thought he was ever in danger he would not have put gun away....imo. So many clues that this man was never in fear for his life. A true psycho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member